TheBs

K1 Denied without Denial slip

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance got denied the k1 visa last week but was not given any denial paper or documents. Fiance said they took all our docs and only returned the passport back.

My fiance said CO said I am going to have to say NO to this and that was it. Fiance asked if the CO needed more evidence or proofs? CO said no he has everything he needs.

So what do we do now? We have emailed the embassy and no replied yet. Can we get a second interview or a review?

Every refusal is reviewed before being formally refused. For now, I assume you are denied under INA 221(g) while they complete processing/review. The reason for denial should come after that.

If it's because they believe the relationship is not bona fide, it will stay refused under 221(g) and the petition will (eventually) be sent back to USCIS, where it will (eventually) die since they no longer review returned I-129Fs.

You can contact the consulate and/or reach out to a senator or congressperson (usually the senior senator in the petitioner's state has the best resources to handle immigration requests) to request more information or a more in depth review.

A second interview would only occur at their discretion and upon their request.

How many times (and for how long) did you meet in person? What evidence was provided with the I-129F? Do you ahve any red flags (age gaps, difference in religion, or other items that may be unusual in local customs)?

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
19 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Every refusal is reviewed before being formally refused. For now, I assume you are denied under INA 221(g) while they complete processing/review. The reason for denial should come after that.

If it's because they believe the relationship is not bona fide, it will stay refused under 221(g) and the petition will (eventually) be sent back to USCIS, where it will (eventually) die since they no longer review returned I-129Fs.

You can contact the consulate and/or reach out to a senator or congressperson (usually the senior senator in the petitioner's state has the best resources to handle immigration requests) to request more information or a more in depth review.

A second interview would only occur at their discretion and upon their request.

How many times (and for how long) did you meet in person? What evidence was provided with the I-129F? Do you ahve any red flags (age gaps, difference in religion, or other items that may be unusual in local customs)?

Thank you so much for ur reply.

I visited once for 3 weeks.

We only have 1yr age gap

No previous visa denials

No nothing, We had pics, chats, call logs. 

i129f is as clean a white paper

What do I say to my senator when I reach out?

Fiance said CO was about to handle the approval but was reluctant twice. Like the CO reached out to the paper and then let go

At this point, we are only praying for a miracle tbh.

Edited by TheBs

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JulianaSteve said:

Could you tell us more about your case? Some red flags? Police records, age gap, etc...

We only have 1yr age gap

No previous visa denials

Fiance said CO was about to handle the approval but was reluctant twice. Like the CO reached out to the paper and then let go

2 minutes ago, TheBs said:

We only have 1yr age gap

No previous visa denials

One short 3 week visit is likely inadequate for Lagos.  Chats and call logs won't cut it - you need more visits.

Best bet is probably to marry and file for a CR-1, after having much more in-person face time.  

Timeline

My best guess is we did not hv chats of how we met. We met on instagram so we didnt have proof of that but CO didnt ask about the proof of how we met only asked how n why instagram? 

Fiance has a clean file n police report

I have my background checks every 6 months bc of my jobs

We don't have any kids

Never been married

No traditions or cultures

We cant get married in my fiance's country bc I wan my family in USA to be present n they can't all travel for a wedding thats going to be expensive.

Is it possible that the embassy can still review the case n call us back for 2nd interview? I can travel n be present for interview number 2 if they offer us one.

1 minute ago, TheBs said:

My best guess is we did not hv chats of how we met.

That is not the reason for the denial.

The legitimacy of your relationship is in question due to having only one short visit.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

One short 3 week visit is likely inadequate for Lagos.  Chats and call logs won't cut it - you need more visits.

Best bet is probably to marry and file for a CR-1, after having much more in-person face time.  

A friend got approved having just 1 week visit.

We cant get married in my fiance's country bc I wan my family in USA to be present n they can't all travel for a wedding thats going to be expensive.

Is it possible that the embassy can still review the case n call us back for 2nd interview? I can travel n be present for interview number 2 if they offer us one.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

That is not the reason for the denial.

The legitimacy of your relationship is in question due to having only one short visit.

Nahhh people have short visits n even 1 visit for one week.

My Fiance said the CO denied 2 people. One married n one k1

1 minute ago, TheBs said:

A friend got approved having just 1 week visit.

Your friend's case is not your case.  Every case is evaluated on it's own merits.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Like most people dealing with immigrations, choices must be made.  Many choose to do the legal wedding for the visa, and then a family 'wedding' later in the US.

Okay!

My question is why take all our docs and not hand us the denial slip then? Very strange

Just now, TheBs said:

Nahhh people have short visits n even 1 visit for one week.

My Fiance said the CO denied 2 people. One married n one k1

Well, if you are not going to accept advice given on this forum, please go about it your own way and report back and let us know how it goes.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Your friend's case is not your case.  Every case is evaluated on it's own merits.

I know I am saying based how the visits u mentioned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.