TheBs

K1 Denied without Denial slip

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, AMB said:

What is ur status in the ceac website because I’ve had the same interview but they give me a white slip to answer and i was put on administrative processing 

OMG wow. ARe u from Nigeria too?

Fiance wasnt given any paper or slip, CO said he has everything he needs when my fiance asked if he needed any proofs od anything else.

Status says Refused, they returned my fiance's passport but took all the required docs: tax, aos etc

1 minute ago, TheBs said:

OMG wow. ARe u from Nigeria too?

Fiance wasnt given any paper or slip, CO said he has everything he needs when my fiance asked if he needed any proofs od anything else.

Status says Refused, they returned my fiance's passport but took all the required docs: tax, aos etc

No im from iraq but they returned my passport cuz they didn’t ask me to do my medical exam before my interview so they sent me some questions on my email to answer about my background and my travel history email and social media 

Timeline
Just now, AMB said:

No im from iraq but they returned my passport cuz they didn’t ask me to do my medical exam before my interview so they sent me some questions on my email to answer about my background and my travel history email and social media 

ohh ok then we have totally different things

We had everything. My fiance said CO looked at all our docs one after the one and interview lasted for 30mins

1 minute ago, TheBs said:

ohh ok then we have totally different things

We had everything. My fiance said CO looked at all our docs one after the one and interview lasted for 30mins

Mine , the CO was talking with her supervisor more than one hour but while i was being interviewed, the interview didn’t last more than 12 to 15

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AMB said:

Mine , the CO was talking with her supervisor more than one hour but while i was being interviewed, the interview didn’t last more than 12 to 15

Ohhh wow. Your is different. My fiance said CO went to the back twice and it seems the CO was talking to someone then at the end he refused the visa n returned the passport.

14 minutes ago, AMB said:

That's typical for certain countries like Iraq. It's for extended background checks...the visa is technically refused under 221(g) while that is going on, but it will resolve itself when background checks complete.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

That's typical for certain countries like Iraq. It's for extended background checks...the visa is technically refused under 221(g) while that is going on, but it will resolve itself when background checks complete.

Not only that unfortunately i have 6 iran visas and four india visas LOL 

i think wen the CO saw my passport with iran visa said WTH r u doing here but within her heart 😂

2 hours ago, mereal said:

One visit is enough.. years ago my fiancé visited me just once for 12 days.. and we haven’t had any issues.m getting the visa.. if your application has all the required documents.. then you need for sure to contact your congressman and he will help you out.. 

good luck..it will be a long frustrating journey even after your fiancé gets his k1 visas..

Contacting the congress member isn’t because that person can do anything to turn the denial into an approval, because he can’t.  It is to make an inquiry into the reason for the denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 hours ago, TheBs said:

Thank you so much for ur reply.

I visited once for 3 weeks.

We only have 1yr age gap

No previous visa denials

No nothing, We had pics, chats, call logs. 

i129f is as clean a white paper

What do I say to my senator when I reach out?

Fiance said CO was about to handle the approval but was reluctant twice. Like the CO reached out to the paper and then let go

At this point, we are only praying for a miracle tbh.

Nigeria is a high fraud Embassy. One visit is not enough. The Petition will expire and they will not renew. You will probably have to marry and file a CR1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
6 hours ago, TheBs said:

We started talking June 2017, and met in December 2018, then got engaged in Jan 2019 and filed in Feb 2019. More than enough time.

It's not "more than enough time." You got engaged within 2-3 weeks of meeting this person for this first time in person.  Many people would say, colloquially, that this is "nuts." To a consular officer, it's a suspiciously short period of knowing each other in person before committing to marriage, suggesting that someone might be in it for the immigration benefits.

Would your fiancee have gotten engaged to a Nigerian three weeks after meeting him?  I suspect that's not common in Nigeria nor is it common in the USA.

The requirement to meet once in person is a bare minimum requirement but it doesn't mean the consular officers will be satisfied with one meeting.  Look at this way. You have be a minimum of at least 35 years old to be eligible to serve as president of the United States, but if a 35 year old actually runs for President, a large number of Americans will reject that candidate for being "too young."  Similarly, consular officers will reject applications for "not enough time together" even if the petition satisfies the bare minimum for eligibility.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It is really hard to say what the reason is here. It could be that they have information you don't about your fiancé or it could just be the only one visit.

Lots of us in immigration situations make choices about marriage ceremonies that we wouldn't otherwise make.  You'll have to really put some thought into what is most important to you.

Total aside: I see you are from MN (me too), but can I ask about something that I've seen a few other locally do? Why are you using "n" instead of "and"? Are you using a flip phone or is it just a cultural anomaly? 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.