JoeMc

K-1 Interview. Fiance' repeatedly asked about remittances

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Any thoughts about the other question I asked (or should I start another thread)??

How long will they wait for a reply to the 221g?

Right now I am kind of in a 'holding pattern' because of Hurricane Dorian.... Banks and public offices are closed (cannot get my letter notarized right now). Post offices in my area are closed. (Because of the approaching hurricane.)  I expect them to reopen on Monday (unless there is landfall here in South Carolina). Once I mail these documents to my fiance' (hopefully on Monday) it will probably take approximately 10 days to arrive in Beijing...

Will they give us time (the 3 weeks or so needed) to get these to them or should I send an email to the consulate informing them of the delay (from the hurricane)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

fiance is your wife soon,if she is in financial crisis.you should help her.Guangzhou's CO happy to see the westunion receipt.I read many  cases In a some chatting group.

if anyone disagree,don.t attack me

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

Any thoughts about the other question I asked (or should I start another thread)??

How long will they wait for a reply to the 221g?

Right now I am kind of in a 'holding pattern' because of Hurricane Dorian.... Banks and public offices are closed (cannot get my letter notarized right now). Post offices in my area are closed. (Because of the approaching hurricane.)  I expect them to reopen on Monday (unless there is landfall here in South Carolina). Once I mail these documents to my fiance' (hopefully on Monday) it will probably take approximately 10 days to arrive in Beijing...

Will they give us time (the 3 weeks or so needed) to get these to them or should I send an email to the consulate informing them of the delay (from the hurricane)?

within one year.as soon as possible.FEDEX  only need 4 days to SH

Edited by ilovelondon

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ilovelondon said:

within one year.as soon as possible.FEDEX  only need 4 days to SH

The paperwork I assembled is approximately 5 pounds. It looks like FedEx would charge more than $200 for express international shipping (the one that arrives in 3 or 4 days). USPS has a "Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box" that would be about $74 dollars. The USPS web site states that 'Normal Delivery Time' is '6-10 business days to many major markets.'  

I could 'spring for' the $200+. But, wonder if it is worth that much more only to shave off a couple of days.

My fiance' is not even home from the interview, yet. She still plans to write her own letter which she needs to get translated and notarized. I could pay $200+ only to have it arrive before she is ready to go to CITIC Bank to send things to the Consulate....

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

The paperwork I assembled is approximately 5 pounds. It looks like FedEx would charge more than $200 for express international shipping (the one that arrives in 3 or 4 days). USPS has a "Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box" that would be about $74 dollars. The USPS web site states that 'Normal Delivery Time' is '6-10 business days to many major markets.'  

I could 'spring for' the $200+. But, wonder if it is worth that much more only to shave off a couple of days.

My fiance' is not even home from the interview, yet. She still plans to write her own letter which she needs to get translated and notarized. I could pay $200+ only to have it arrive before she is ready to go to CITIC Bank to send things to the Consulate....

why send all the sink thick papers from US.you just send digital documents to your fiancee,except the notarized letter.let her print out.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

you just send the notarized letter to BeiJing.let your fiancee print others

Timeline
Just now, ilovelondon said:

why send all the sink thick papers from US.you just send digital documents to your fiancee,except the notarized letter.let her print out.

One of the documents with chat and SMS messages file is too large to email. It is 268 pages (approximately 135 sheets of paper printed double sided, two columns per page). I had it printed on printed it on 30# paper and spiral bound (with a nice cover) at a local office store. I also prepared another document (comb bound) with and  a photo album... I think that it would be easier (since everything is already printed and bound) to send her the prepared documents...

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

One of the documents with chat and SMS messages file is too large to email. It is 268 pages (approximately 135 sheets of paper printed double sided, two columns per page). I had it printed on printed it on 30# paper and spiral bound (with a nice cover) at a local office store. I also prepared another document (comb bound) with and  a photo album... I think that it would be easier (since everything is already printed and bound) to send her the prepared documents...

ok.then.good luck.you visa will be approved.many interviewee need provide relationship history and other evidences  in  Guangzhou  recently.

20 hours ago, ilovelondon said:

ok.then.good luck.you visa will be approved.many interviewee need provide relationship history and other evidences  in  Guangzhou  recently.

Fortune teller?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 9/4/2019 at 12:53 AM, JoeMc said:

I am a single parent (with a child who is a minor) and my contract with my job is such that I do not accrue vacation time. So, my visits to China have all been less than one week long.  

I visited her in Beijing once last year (for less than a week).  

She has a US tourist visa and visited me for approximately 3 months last year.

This year I met her in Guilin (to meet her sister). Again, it was for less than a week (I had to return home to care for my son.).

She wanted to visit me again. But, she is worried that she would be denied entry after we filed the I-129f... She is retired and was afraid that she would be denied entry for not having strong ties she could demonstrate to her home country and for also being engaged to a US citizen. 

She brought copies of all boarding passes to the interview....

Send the chats, I would highlight your discussions regarding money for them- where you guys made plans for future expenditures, your offer and her refusal for other money. In your letter you can explain it further. if she's financially stable and didn't need any assistance from you explain that and maybe have her present her means of supporting herself. You are certainly not required to send anyone money. Document the trips well, her spending 3 months with you here is great evidence of the relationship- do you have pictures, receipts for things you did while she was here? Can you get statements from friends and family stating that they met her while she was here and knows of the relationship?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 9/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, JoeMc said:

you have time, just use the more cost effective method

Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 7:52 AM, JoeMc said:

I don't think they're going to want to see that many pages of chat transcripts. Do some editing. Choose only those transcripts which do the best job of showing your relationship "bonafides", and also that represent different points along your "timeline".

268 pages in digital format should not be too much to email. You can always use Google Drive (or Baidu cloud if your lady doesn't have a VPN) to send files that don't fit as email attachments.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.