Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Q2018 said:

Thank you.

I think a job offer is enough with a cover letter.

In my case, I called them first to request expedition under financial loss to the company, so after a few necessary questions, the rep asked for specific info I'd like to add to my reasons for expedition. Then a few days, I got a mail asking for faxing my documents. I faxed a cover letter, the mail, contract and upon the recruiter's permission, I also included a couple of emails stating they need me to work for the company as soon as possible.

Good luck to you!

Thank you! I call them today but I don't meet any of its criteria so they say I can't expedite. I only have a job offer and apparently it isn't enough. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey September friends! 

Are there any here who are still waiting on their case status to change to Ready to Schedule Interview that haven’t had an RFE? My Biometrics was done on October 17th, and nothing since then. I wonder if there’s a chance where statuses don’t even get changed on the site sometimes? 

Anyways, hoping for speedy timelines for everyone!  😁

Edited by Hunter & Robyn

7 minutes ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey September friends! 

Are there any here who are still waiting on their case status to change to Ready to Schedule Interview that haven’t had an RFE? My Biometrics was done on October 17th, and nothing since then. I wonder if there’s a chance where statuses don’t even get changed on the site sometimes? 

Ours have not changed at all, no RFEs (hoping it is staying that way).  We had our biometrics on October 17th at Orlando.  The status changing is a 50/50 hit or miss.  Our K1 case until this day says "Case Received" and not only were we approved, he traveled, is now my husband, AND we are already in the AOS, AP, and EAD process.  That goes to show you that it is helpful for the status to change but not needed to move through.  Hahaha

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 hour ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey September friends! 

I am on the same boat. My biometrics were done on October 2nd,  and the current status is fingerprint review was completed (2 months now). It hasn’t changed to *case is ready to be scheduled* NO RFE’s. Very frustrating:/

Edited by MrArnold

2 hours ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey September friends! 

Status changes are not guaranteed sometimes they change sometimes not. My K1 still shows case received and that was back on May 2018 when it was received. I would not worry to much about the status' on USCIS website not changing.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 12/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, Q2018 said:

On Nov 26 I expedited my work permit with a contract.

Today as of Dec 2 my case status changed to Request approved!

On Dec 5 today my work permit status changed to "New card is being produced"!

Package sent: 08/29/19

Package delivered: 09/03/19

I-765 received :09/03/19

I-131 received: 09/03/19

I-485 received: 09/10/19

Text notification: 09/11/19

Check cashed: 09/12/19

NOA1 date for all 3 forms: 09/10/19

Biometrics: 10/03/19

Ready for interview schedule: 10/30/19

Interview was scheduled: 09/15/2020

Interview date: 10/15/2020

GC received: 10/22/2020

Guys I am happy. My case is moving  forward.  See timeline  below.

Field office  - Boston  Ma

PD - Sept 16th

BIO- OCT 7th

Fingerprints  review completed- Oct 7th

REF - Nov 8th

Response to REF received  - Nov 21st

Courtesy Letter - Dec 2nd

Case ready for interview  - Dec 5th. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys just an update. My status changed to Case is Ready for Interview =) We had an RFE last November 11, they received our document November 19.

Hey guys, I am a september filer and have my case ready to be scheduled for the interview.

It may take a few more weeks or even a couple months, but what i am now focusing on is if I need to re-do my medical in the US (after doing it in my country a few months ago).

Some people get RFEs, some get courtesy letters about it, and my question is, are there also people who have not re-done it and were successfully approved for the green card?

In the i693 instructions (screenshot below) it says that it my case i dont need to re-do medical and send i693, thats why i only included my ds3025 while sending AOS packet. And my plan is to just go to the interview without another medical, unless i am asked for it. 

Is there anybody here who's only medical was in their country and who did not include i693 in their packet (only ds3025) and was approved? 

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 08.47.19.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, mark08 said:

Hey guys, I am a september filer and have my case ready to be scheduled for the interview.

It may take a few more weeks or even a couple months, but what i am now focusing on is if I need to re-do my medical in the US (after doing it in my country a few months ago).

Some people get RFEs, some get courtesy letters about it, and my question is, are there also people who have not re-done it and were successfully approved for the green card?

In the i693 instructions (screenshot below) it says that it my case i dont need to re-do medical and send i693, thats why i only included my ds3025 while sending AOS packet. And my plan is to just go to the interview without another medical, unless i am asked for it. 

Is there anybody here who's only medical was in their country and who did not include i693 in their packet (only ds3025) and was approved? 

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 08.47.19.png

Being asked for a second medical is the exception, not the opposite. If they say in the interview that you need a new medical, you can still show them that you don't need one.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
21 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Ours have not changed at all, no RFEs (hoping it is staying that way).  We had our biometrics on October 17th at Orlando.  The status changing is a 50/50 hit or miss.  Our K1 case until this day says "Case Received" and not only were we approved, he traveled, is now my husband, AND we are already in the AOS, AP, and EAD process.  That goes to show you that it is helpful for the status to change but not needed to move through.  Hahaha

Also hoping it stays at no RFE!

20 hours ago, MrArnold said:

I am on the same boat. My biometrics were done on October 2nd,  and the current status is fingerprint review was completed (2 months now). It hasn’t changed to *case is ready to be scheduled* NO RFE’s. Very frustrating:/

19 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Status changes are not guaranteed sometimes they change sometimes not. My K1 still shows case received and that was back on May 2018 when it was received. I would not worry to much about the status' on USCIS website not changing.

I guess it’s just having to remain patient (which obviously I knew came with this whole process), but boy is it getting difficult! I check the case status ALL the time like a crazy person 😂 but, remaining calm and wishing everyone luck! 

Relieved that I had an update ‘ready to be scheduled for interview’ this morning. 2 weeks after they received my RFE response. Sending good vibes to all!

On 12/5/2019 at 11:35 AM, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey September friends! 

Same for me. Biometrics 09/30 and Fingerprint review completed 10/01. Nothing since. My office is pretty slow though, so I'm not expecting an interview any time soon. Just hoping for EAD

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.