kaigem

Revoked K1 visa after issued

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I had already made that point, the Consulate is not in Northern Cyprus, like I said sounds like they did not pick up he was there illegally and that was why what happened happened.

And the point I'm making is that your comments are not helpful as far where the consulate is located in North Cyprus...there is a US office of the consulate there that I visited and who processed the paperwork. The reason for my initial question was to get guidance on how to move forward. If your immigration situation went off without a hitch great for you. Remember there are real people and lives behind  the questions that are posted here and everybody's situation is not the same depending on the country. People are looking for real feedback

What kind of visa did he have?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems he had some sort of Student visa, however not sure that is totally relevant now.

The confusion as to why the K1 was revoked I think has been sorted, so now the issue is how to get things going in Lagos, so Email, Phone and if neither of those work Congressional Rep.

I assume the history may come up in the interview but there seems nothing that would stop a visa being issued.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Lagos might not have any info on your file now, as NVC is the one to generate the case number and send it to the consulate. And NVC needs to get the file back. That might take some time. 

Did you call NVC?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Lagos might not have any info on your file now, as NVC is the one to generate the case number and send it to the consulate. And NVC needs to get the file back. That might take some time. 

Did you call NVC?

If he can get a hold of Lagos and get them to generate a file transfer from the current post he can side step NVC.   Either way he needs to get the file moved to the correct location 

YMMV

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Did you call NVC?

@Allaboutwaiting when I did my research that's exactly what I figured...the file needs to be sent to the Lagos consulate. My fiance wants to wait to see if Lagos consulate will respond to the email. He wants me to wait momentarily. but they are the next call. We're both afraid to overstep and mess things up further. Thanks so much 

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

If he can get a hold of Lagos and get them to generate a file transfer from the current post he can side step NVC.   Either way he needs to get the file moved to the correct location 

@payxibka That's were hoping for...help from the Lagos consulate.  My fiance wants to wait to see if the lagos consulate will respond before calling NVC. Will give it 5-7 days for response than call NVC

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 2:45 PM, geowrian said:

What kind of visa did he have?

He initially had some kind of student visa to go to one of the universities in North Cyprus. The k1 visa was was approved despite that and then revoked after the local north cyprus police did some type of immigration sweep and discovered the visa that allowed him to stay in North Cyprus was expired. They than contacted the US consulate office there. The k1 visa was revoked and we were instructed to reapply in his home country after he was sent back home. Apparently the expired North Cyprus visa was not an issue at the time of the interview because we were approved but became an issue once the local authorities got involved. Since posting my original question I have consulted an immigration lawyer who unfortunately advised in our situation we will now need to start all over again in his home country with the I-129F petition again or I would need to travel to him to get married and then do the I-130 spouse petition instead. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You should be contacting NVC to get a new case number for Lagos Nigeria because I'm sure by now, they r aware of your situation, embassy in Lagos can't use Cyprus's case number for Lagos.... You'll be fine as long as you do the needful and fast.... Good luck!

Edited by Austin
Typo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 hours ago, kaigem said:

He initially had some kind of student visa to go to one of the universities in North Cyprus. The k1 visa was was approved despite that and then revoked after the local north cyprus police did some type of immigration sweep and discovered the visa that allowed him to stay in North Cyprus was expired. They than contacted the US consulate office there. The k1 visa was revoked and we were instructed to reapply in his home country after he was sent back home. Apparently the expired North Cyprus visa was not an issue at the time of the interview because we were approved but became an issue once the local authorities got involved. Since posting my original question I have consulted an immigration lawyer who unfortunately advised in our situation we will now need to start all over again in his home country with the I-129F petition again or I would need to travel to him to get married and then do the I-130 spouse petition instead. 

did you ever get in touch with the nvc? was your application returned to uscis? if not i'd hope there would still be a chance to get it rerouted if i understood the previous posts. what a shitty thing to happen, i hope you can get your visa reissued! fingers crossed!!! please keep us posted how things are going! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Austin said:

You should be contacting NVC to get a new case number for Lagos Nigeria  :no:  because I'm sure by now, they r aware of your situation, embassy in Lagos can't use Cyprus's case number for Lagos.... You'll be fine as long as you do the needful and fast.... Good luck!

Case file number does not change when changing embassies.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 9/14/2019 at 5:06 AM, MelOe said:

did you ever get in touch with the nvc? was your application returned to uscis? if not i'd hope there would still be a chance to get it rerouted if i understood the previous posts. what a shitty thing to happen, i hope you can get your visa reissued! fingers crossed!!! please keep us posted how things are going! 

Thank you so much for your well wishes. I contacted an immigration lawyer who reviewed our case and advised we would need to start over with a new fiance visa application. So no idea at this point how long the process will take from Nigeria now but we're starting over. Traveling to him to marry is not an option right now. I suspect I won't see my love in person for awhile. Again, thank you so much for your well wishes and commenting

On 9/14/2019 at 5:02 AM, Austin said:

You should be contacting NVC to get a new case number for Lagos Nigeria because I'm sure by now, they r aware of your situation, embassy in Lagos can't use Cyprus's case number for Lagos.... You'll be fine as long as you do the needful and fast.... Good luck!

Thanks so much for commenting. Looks like we'll have to start over with a new I-129F fiance petition at this point. The initial one was not returned according to Cyprus consulate but the expiration date was in July sadly...My understanding is that although the k1 was revoked from North Cyprus, them not returning the application to USCIS is better then them returning it with negative feedback. So we are praying we won't face any issues with reapplying...trying to stay hopeful

On 9/14/2019 at 6:27 AM, Hank_ said:

Case file number does not change when changing embassies.

Thanks, since I contacted an immigration lawyer first for consultation, I haven't contacted NVC but I will do this to see if something different is recommended. I suspect not, because the initial fiance visa I-129F that our first k1 visa was approved on  is now expired (expired in July)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, kaigem said:

"In a case such as Mr.  XXXXX, while the visa is no longer valid, the underlying petition is not returned to USCIS.  Mr. XXXXX may wish therefore to contact the National Visa Center and the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or U.S. Consulate General in Lagos to request assistance in obtaining a new visa."

It says to contact National Visa Center and the US Embassy.  Taking the Consulates advise would be your best move.  See if you can find a number for the National Visa Center or Embassy. Otherwise, stay on top of the email and follow up emails. Good luck & God Bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.