kaigem

Revoked K1 visa after issued

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, 2019&beyond said:

So if the visa of the country in which you reside and applied for the K1 visa expires before the K1 itself expires, then the K1 will get revoked? I never knew that.

Something is of, Embassy found something.

On 9/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, kaigem said:

@mytruelove18 Hi,  we were approved for the k1 visa in North Cyprus. He initially traveled there for school. His school visa expired before he could travel (flight was for 9/9/19), local government would not allow him to stay and he had to go back home. The US consulate there revoked his visa and said he can reapply at home 

You try yo explain is that he couldnt stay in that country until he could go to his interview at the embassy?

Or are you saying that he has his us visa on his passport and couldnt flight to us because he has to go vack home country?

You post is confusing, because if he had his k1 visa on his passport, why he didnt flight to usa instead to his home country?

If he has a usa visa on his passport , even if the visa from one country expire , usa doesnt cancel his visa on his passport, all he need do is flight to usa.

Or maybe you try to say he was waiting interview at the usa embassy, and his other visa expire vefore his interview?

What really you try to say?

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

30 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

You try yo explain is that he couldnt stay in that country until he could go to his interview at the embassy?

Or are you saying that he has his us visa on his passport and couldnt flight to us because he has to go vack home country?

You post is confusing, because if he had his k1 visa on his passport, why he didnt flight to usa instead to his home country?

If he has a usa visa on his passport , even if the visa from one country expire , usa doesnt cancel his visa on his passport, all he need do is flight to usa.

Or maybe you try to say he was waiting interview at the usa embassy, and his other visa expire vefore his interview?

What really you try to say?

My fiance was caught up in some type of immigration sweep. If you're not familiar this is where law enforcement in a particular country targets groups of people they think may be present in the country illegally. When my fiance showed his documents they discovered his north Cyprus Visa was expired although he held a current US K1 visa. I can only assume some things because I was not there and I was not able to speak to anyone in North Cyprus on behalf of my fiance. First, I assume holding a US K1 visa does not authorize a person to stay in North Cyprus. Secondly, I suspect that because his flight was not immediate to the US North Cyprus was not willing to allow him to stay until his flight on 9/9, changing flight was not an option and the only option he was given was to go back home. It's my understanding that  after the local authorities contacted the US consulate in north Cyprus about their decision to send my fiance back to his home is when the consulate revoked the K1 Visa we had and instructed him to reapply when he got back home. Like many people on this forum my fiance and I are looking for guidance, education and support throughout this tedious immigration process. I don't have all the answers

3 hours ago, kaigem said:

My fiance was caught up in some type of immigration sweep. If you're not familiar this is where law enforcement in a particular country targets groups of people they think may be present in the country illegally. When my fiance showed his documents they discovered his north Cyprus Visa was expired although he held a current US K1 visa. I can only assume some things because I was not there and I was not able to speak to anyone in North Cyprus on behalf of my fiance. First, I assume holding a US K1 visa does not authorize a person to stay in North Cyprus. Secondly, I suspect that because his flight was not immediate to the US North Cyprus was not willing to allow him to stay until his flight on 9/9, changing flight was not an option and the only option he was given was to go back home. It's my understanding that  after the local authorities contacted the US consulate in north Cyprus about their decision to send my fiance back to his home is when the consulate revoked the K1 Visa we had and instructed him to reapply when he got back home. Like many people on this forum my fiance and I are looking for guidance, education and support throughout this tedious immigration process. I don't have all the answers

I wish the best, but everything look confusing,

i know every country cacth people who they think they are illegally, but one country could send him back to his home country, that dont authorize that country contact to report him with any other country.

the issue here it could be that when you fiance went to his interview his visa on the other country was expired, and the American embassy found out that after they issued the visa and for that rezon they revoke his visa.

Example if you have a valid visa from Canada, and you are ilegally in USA, usa can deport you to you home country, but usa can not report you to Canada. 

It look like your fiance apply to k1 visa with his visa expired and they review that and revoke the visa after they see he was applying for a visa with no status in that country.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

North Cyprus is effectively controlled by Turkey.

Makes me wonder if the US Consulate was aware he was there illegally and cancelled when they found out. Well it seems there is an Office not a Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, Boiler said:

North Cyprus is effectively controlled by Turkey.

Makes me wonder if the US Consulate was aware he was there illegally and cancelled when they found out. Well it seems there is an Office not a Consulate.

That is correct, North Cyprus is controlled by Turkey. He submitted all documentation to the consulate before we were approved. I can only assume they looked at his Visa, but I'm not sure. 

On 9/2/2019 at 12:09 PM, kaigem said:

@mytruelove18 Hi,  we were approved for the k1 visa in North Cyprus. He initially traveled there for school. His school visa expired before he could travel (flight was for 9/9/19), local government would not allow him to stay and he had to go back home. The US consulate there revoked his visa and said he can reapply at home 

How was he approved in northern Cyprus when there isn’t an embassy there? The US (along with almost everyone else apart from Turkey) doesn’t recognise TRNC.

The embassy is not in the Turkish-controlled part. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

It seems there is an office with the Consulate in Nicosia, anyway unless we get more information I am inclined to go with the obvious answer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, JFH said:

How was he approved in northern Cyprus when there isn’t an embassy there? The US (along with almost everyone else apart from Turkey) doesn’t recognise TRNC.

The embassy is not in the Turkish-controlled part. 

There is an office of the US consulate in Nicosia who processes US Visa. That's how he was approved. You can research it for yourself 

Timeline

Nicosia is not in Northern Cyprus. How did he get back into Northern Cyprus without a visa?

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Nicosia is not in Northern Cyprus. How did he get back into Northern Cyprus without a visa?

Not sure if you're trying to help or just want to get into a geographic debate with me. However the office of US consulate of North Cyprus is the office that processed the Visa, the office I made calls to as well as the office I visited when I was in North Cyprus. Whether their addrress is listed as Nicosia, Lefkosia or any other city in North Cyprus they do have a US office of the consulate that processes US Visas and is a resource for American citizens visiting North Cyprus

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It seems there is an office with the Consulate in Nicosia, anyway unless we get more information I am inclined to go with the obvious answer.

I had already made that point, the Consulate is not in Northern Cyprus, like I said sounds like they did not pick up he was there illegally and that was why what happened happened.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All a moot issue as it appears the consulate determined that the applicant was not eligible to interview there 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.