31 minutes ago, fernandalex said:

Whoooho! Super excited for you!

Welcome to the other side.. We just wait on this side too apparently lol 

Hahaha I think waiting on this side is probably better 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Charlee.Alex said:

Hahaha I think waiting on this side is probably better 😆

Oh definitely, we can start seeing the end of tunnel.

13 minutes ago, Asocci said:

Mine was approved today :) 

NOA1: 6-20

NOA2: 9-27

On to the next step to NVC.

Congrats

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

31 minutes ago, shoji said:

Has anyone from Week 1 and Week 2 of September NOA2 tried calling NVC yet? :)

Should only be waiting 10 working days  before you call NVC. They should be calling!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, shoji said:

Has anyone from Week 1 and Week 2 of September NOA2 tried calling NVC yet? :)

I sent an email today, I didn’t want to wait on the phone for an hour or more. From what I’ve been reading here it seems 4 weeks is about average time for NVC to receive the petition. My NOA2 date is 9/9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, S_&_M said:

Barely made the cusp.

NOA1 - June 26

NOA2 - Sept 30

I should probably join the Oct K-1 NOA2 to NVC 🙃

Congrats!! Thats exciting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So I don’t really understand what happens next. On the state department website, it says gather documents for the interview at the embassy but everyone on this website talks about “front-loading” an application and that “the decision has been made by the time of the actual interview” so at what point is this information actually delivered to the embassy?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, Foibh said:

So I don’t really understand what happens next. On the state department website, it says gather documents for the interview at the embassy but everyone on this website talks about “front-loading” an application and that “the decision has been made by the time of the actual interview” so at what point is this information actually delivered to the embassy?

as far as i understand the embassy contacts the foreigner fiancee once they receive the petition. they then demand a different set of documents including affidavit of support, police records, medical exam results. some of those documents we can already gather now, others only after we get our case number assigned. depending on how long the process takes it might also be good to redo the letters of intent to marry with a more recent date, and maybe have some more proof of relationship ready to bring to the interview in case it should be asked for

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
18 hours ago, S_&_M said:

Barely made the cusp.

NOA1 - June 26

NOA2 - Sept 30

I should probably join the Oct K-1 NOA2 to NVC 🙃

same here :)

NOA1 - June 21

NOA2 - Sept 30

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOA2 - September 17

We gave it a shot to call NVC (I know they said 10 working days! But who knows?) and tried to ask if they have our case number or our papers perhaps. They said we can call again next week. Took us less than 2 minutes to talk to an operator and 5 minutes total including waiting. Called USCIS as well they said our papers are already sent to NVC

Tip: Try calling during their opening hours. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.