ms123

Does Extreme Hardship Waiver help in speeding up the process of immigration visa case?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ms123 said:

Pakistan

excuse me?

Unfortunately the only person with the power to help you is the president himself.   How else do you get his attention?

YMMV

5 minutes ago, ms123 said:

what do you mean by PCCs and DOS reciprocity schedule? Sorry, new here so dont understand what that entails

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Police Certificates

Unavailable

Comments:  Pakistan does not have a nationwide system to track criminal activities.  Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices.  However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record.  An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another.  Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Yeah you can't really do much during AP but wait. My husband's case was in AP too. Reaching out to congressman doesn't really help, or at least not me. I got a response that my case was being worked on and they couldn't help me. Also as others have said, unfortunately Pakistan is one of those countries like mine where usually men go through AP.

July 28 2011- Married :dancing:

April 1 2013- Sent I-130

April 2 2013- NOA1

Nov 14 2013-Transferred to NSC

Nov 21- File touched

Jan 10, 2014- Approved! (NOA2)

Jan 13, 2014- Shipped out to NVC

Jan 27, 2014- Received by NVC

March 6,2014- Received Case Number and requested Case Number Change

March 9, 2014 -Sent in DS-261

March 10,2014 - Paid AOS Fee

March 22, 2014 - Sent in AOS Package

March 25,2014 - Paid IV Fee

March 26, 2014 - AOS Package picked up by a B.Standish

March 28, 2014 - IV fee shown as PAid

March 31, 2014 - Send corrections to AOS Package

April 1, 2014 - Corrected Aos Package received and signed by N Visa Center

April 5, 2014 - Case number changed finally

April 11, 2014- Got checklist for AOS

April 17, 2014- Submitted DS-260

April 18, 2014- Sent in IV package and AOS checklist

May 14, 2014- IV Checklist

May 16, 2014- Sent in IV Checklist

May 23, 2014- IV Checklist received

June 25, 2014- Case Complete

July 2, 2014- Receive CC email

July 11, 2014- Interview email received

July 21, 2014- Medical Done

Aug 26, 2014- Interview

Case in AP :ranting::ranting:

Oct 23, turned in needed documents

Case Updated- July 22, 30, Aug 5, Nov 2, Nov 4, Nov 8, Nov 15+16 (2015)

Nov 16-told to go to Embassy

Update Nov 29 + 30

Nov 29 - Gave Refusal Sheet :cry:

Informed that Case is being sent back to USCIS with intent to revoke :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Jan 12-13, 216 Case Date Update on CEAC

Feb 12,2016-Update on USCIS, case under review

Oct 14, 2016 NOIR sent out, received OCT 18, 2016

Dream-dj.png

Maybeby showing extreme hardship?

What do you mean by "maybe"? I am pretty sure you have no extreme hardship, but you want to simulate something to speed up the process. Not only would that be fraudulent, but it would also be disrespectful to other people who are waiting. If there was extreme hardship, you'd sound differently. You have to be honest.

maybe write a letter to congressman?

It won't help. Congressman has nothing to do with you being under administrative processing. What makes you think that you're special and your situation is better other more important than others have? Why do you think you should be treated differently? There are thousands of people like you waiting on line, so why would they make it faster for you, only because you want so? Everyone wants, but it's not sufficient.

ok so any suggestions on what to do

Do exactly what others do. Patiently wait. I hope you know that there are many people ahead of you. Pakistan is considered one of countries with highest fraud including immigration. It's not our fault, ask your husband why Pakistan is so difficult to deal with.

Ok.. is there anything else i can do other than waiting?

Again, why others should wait and you shouldn't not? You're no other and no better than others, so why would they make an exception if you have no extreme hardship? Can you answer this?

Being from Pakistan, I foresee a long long wait for your husband, months. It could be 3 months or even a year or even more than that. I suggest that you move to Pakistan to overcome the wait time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, jbn121 said:

What do you mean by "maybe"? I am pretty sure you have no extreme hardship, but you want to simulate something to speed up the process. Not only would that be fraudulent, but it would also be disrespectful to other people who are waiting. If there was extreme hardship, you'd sound differently. You have to be honest.

It won't help. Congressman has nothing to do with you being under administrative processing. What makes you think that you're special and your situation is better other more important than others have? Why do you think you should be treated differently? There are thousands of people like you waiting on line, so why would they make it faster for you, only because you want so? Everyone wants, but it's not sufficient.

Do exactly what others do. Patiently wait. I hope you know that there are many people ahead of you. Pakistan is considered one of countries with highest fraud including immigration. It's not our fault, ask your husband why Pakistan is so difficult to deal with.

Again, why others should wait and you shouldn't not? You're no other and no better than others, so why would they make an exception if you have no extreme hardship? Can you answer this?

Being from Pakistan, I foresee a long long wait for your husband, months. It could be 3 months or even a year or even more than that. I suggest that you move to Pakistan to overcome the wait time.

Even a year is on the conservative side for Pakistan. My friend's husband was in AP for two and a half years and then he received a NOIR. After they sent their rebuttal it took another year for a second interview and then he went back into AP for 18 months before he was finally approved. Yes, it took him 5 years.

3 hours ago, Cathi said:

Even a year is on the conservative side for Pakistan. My friend's husband was in AP for two and a half years and then he received a NOIR. After they sent their rebuttal it took another year for a second interview and then he went back into AP for 18 months before he was finally approved. Yes, it took him 5 years.

I personally think it's fine. It's better to put additional security checks to someone if necessary, rather than dealing with potential problems in the future. USA has seen so much bad stuff. Especially, when someone is not even sure if they have "extreme hardship" or they don't. 

22 hours ago, geowrian said:

ok got it, thanks

18 hours ago, R<3S said:

Yeah you can't really do much during AP but wait. My husband's case was in AP too. Reaching out to congressman doesn't really help, or at least not me. I got a response that my case was being worked on and they couldn't help me. Also as others have said, unfortunately Pakistan is one of those countries like mine where usually men go through AP.

:( this is very unfortunate

15 hours ago, jbn121 said:

excuse me, but i am being completely honest about showing extreme hardship (even if it does not help my situation, i was simply asking for advice). with all the data and proof and evidence it requires, i would not ab able to be "fraudulent" with this process -so please do not come on here and make assumptions about what my situation is/ isn't like. I asked for opinion, not UNNECESSARY criticism. 

7 minutes ago, ms123 said:

excuse me, but i am being completely honest about showing extreme hardship (even if it does not help my situation, i was simply asking for advice). with all the data and proof and evidence it requires, i would not ab able to be "fraudulent" with this process -so please do not come on here and make assumptions about what my situation is/ isn't like. I asked for opinion, not UNNECESSARY criticism. 

Again, people who have extreme hardship, just ask "hey I have something here, how can I present it?" Instead, you were like "hey I am so tired of wait here, and I just want to jump ahead of the line, so maybe I can use some extreme hardship?" -- this is how it sounded and it makes me feel that you have no hardship except the one "you would like to have to speed up the process". What is your extreme hardship, if it's real? Being tired of the process is NOT considered extreme hardship. Everyone is tired, not just you. I gave you my opinion, which you considered as "criticism" (because you did not like what you heard). It's fine. But again, be prepared for extended wait in AP, for months or years, this is how it is for Pakistan. Unless you have something very extreme, there's no "jump ahead of the line".

Edited by jbn121

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Extreme hardship would be something like severe financial distress on the USC without the spouse present, extreme medical conditions the USC  has that require the spouse's presence/support..things like that.  If you fit into that criteria, and have substantial evidence to support your hardship claims, then by all means go for it and see what happens.  Keep in mind that any hardship waiver must be based on the hardships faced by you as the USC...they will not consider any hardship faced by your foreign spouse by not being in the States.

Emotional distress at being apart/not wanting to wait too long is something most have had to deal with through the immigration process---not a reason for a hardship waiver.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.