ms123

Does Extreme Hardship Waiver help in speeding up the process of immigration visa case?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, ms123 said:

Hello Everyone,

I petitioned for my husband for immigration case and it is under administrative processing. Is there any way to speed up this process? Maybe by showing extreme hardship?

Any other suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

AP cannot be expedited 

YMMV

Timeline

maybe write a letter to congressman?

can we reach out to congressmen/ senator so they can write a letter

You can force a decision on a  case but there is but one result,  denied

YMMV

2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

You can. Congressman/Senator can only make an inquiry to the State Department. The Embassies/Consulates do not report to the Senate/Congress. 

Ok I understand but during administrative processing isn't the case with homeland security/ FBI? Would that count as State Department?

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Exactly 

Ok, thanks for help

Timeline
Just now, ms123 said:

Ok I understand but during administrative processing isn't the case with homeland security/ FBI? Would that count as State Department?

Ok, thanks for help

Homeland security is under the department of homeland security,  FBI is under the department of justice 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ms123 said:

So that is not department of state?

Department of state is embassies and diplomatic services

Homeland security,  justice and State are all cabinet level departments whose leadership report directly to the president 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

The Embassy/Consulate is under the State Department. The problem no one knows what is the hang-up for administrative processing is. It could be anything. It may be with FBI, it may not. 

ok so any suggestions on what to do? 

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Department of state is embassies and diplomatic services

Homeland security,  justice and State are all cabinet level departments

Ok.. is there anything else i can do other than waiting?

Timeline

ok so any suggestions on what to do? 

Ok.. is there anything else i can do other than waiting?

If there was,  everyone in your shoes would be doing it 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.