Jump to content
ItsBobby

[HELP] Question about Sponsors

19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

 

I'm from Europe, my fiancee is from US and we want to live together so she wants to start the application process.

 

  1. But what do we do about sponsorship and that affidavit of support? Neither of us are employed, we just finished college and want to start the life & work together in US.
  2. My uncle is able to sponsor me but both me and my uncle are from Europe, not US. Is there any way I can apply for K1 visa without having USA-based sponsor and how much salary does my uncle need to have since all poverty guidelines I found are directed towards US citizens.
  3. Also, since we're both unemployed do we need double sponsor or something?

 

 

Thank you in advance! Appreciate it!

 

 

 

 

Edited by ItsBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One US based sponsor is required, no exception.


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any sponsor and joint sponsor must:

  • Be U.S. citizen or national or a permanent resident
  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Be domiciled (live) in the United States
  • Meet all of the financial requirements of a sponsor pursuant to INA 213A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:

Hello everyone,

 

I'm from Europe, my fiancee is from US and we want to live together so she wants to start the application process.

 

  1. But what do we do about sponsorship and that affidavit of support? Neither of us are employed, we just finished college and want to start the life & work together in US.
  2. My uncle is able to sponsor me but both me and my uncle are from Europe, not US. Is there any way I can apply for K1 visa without having USA-based sponsor and how much salary does my uncle need to have since all poverty guidelines I found are directed towards US citizens.
  3. Also, since we're both unemployed do we need double sponsor or something?

 

 

Thank you in advance! Appreciate it!

 

 

 

 

If she has just finished collage, she could always get a job and sponsor you with the assistance of her parents... the petitioner has to sponsor you, if they don’t earn enough then a second US person can act as dual sponsor 


CR1/IR1 - USC Spousal Visa

  • Married 14 April 2018
  • I130 Package Sent 30 Sept 2018
  • NOA1 PD 5 Oct 2018
  • Assigned to Nebraska 😢
  • Change Address 12 Jan 2019
  • Still Waiting 😭😭😭

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:
  • But what do we do about sponsorship and that affidavit of support? Neither of us are employed, we just finished college and want to start the life & work together in US.
  • My uncle is able to sponsor me but both me and my uncle are from Europe, not US. Is there any way I can apply for K1 visa without having USA-based sponsor and how much salary does my uncle need to have since all poverty guidelines I found are directed towards US citizens.
  • Also, since we're both unemployed do we need double sponsor or something?

Where are you living now? The K1 process will take at least 6 months to do. Are you going to stay unemployed for the entire time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, designguy said:

Where are you living now? The K1 process will take at least 6 months to do. Are you going to stay unemployed for the entire time?

Well its gonna be hard to match poverty guidelines with European salary where I'm from, best salaries are like 1500$ monthly. But yeah it SUCKS that I actually need sponsor from US even though I have European relatives who can sponsor me :((((((((((((((

Edited by ItsBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:

Well its gonna be hard to match poverty guidelines with European salary where I'm from, best salaries are like 1500$ monthly

You still haven't stated where you are from... How much you make is irrelevant to the immigration process. I brought it up because getting a K1 visa will take a while PLUS when you actually enter on it, it will be another 6 months before you can work. So I am wondering what your plan is in the short term or were you expecting to be able to go to the US right away? If you were to file tomorrow the earliest you would be able to work  in the US would probably be Aug 2020!

Edited by designguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:

But yeah it SUCKS that I actually need sponsor from US even though I have European relatives who can sponsor me :((((((((((((((

Think about it. Why would the US accept a foreign sponsor... it makes no sense as they have no ability to enforce anything in another country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, designguy said:

You still haven't stated where you are from... How much you make is irrelevant to the immigration process. I brought it up because getting a K1 visa will take a while PLUS when you actually enter on it, it will be another 6 months before you can work. So I am wondering what your plan is in the short term or were you expecting to be able to go to the US right away? If you were to file tomorrow the earliest you would be able to work  in the US would probably be Aug 2020!

yeah that's not a problem really, I have savings with which I can live until I get Authorization for work, so I'm very well aware that I might need to wait some time before getting there and before working. I'm just disappointed about sponsor stuff, because my family has money but if US sponsor is required then it doesn't really mean much :(((

Edited by ItsBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:

Well its gonna be hard to match poverty guidelines with European salary where I'm from, best salaries are like 1500$ monthly. But yeah it SUCKS that I actually need sponsor from US even though I have European relatives who can sponsor me :((((((((((((((

That's not how this works......I suggest you and your US fiance study the process.......guides are available on this very web site.....good luck.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, designguy said:

Think about it. Why would the US accept a foreign sponsor... it makes no sense as they have no ability to enforce anything in another country

I guess it makes sense... Lets say she finds a job, how long does it take until she can get proof of income in order to sponsor? As soon as she lands job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:

best salaries are like 1500$ monthly

I dont mean to be rude but $1500 a month is barely over the minimum wage in the US. You should really do some research on the cost of living in the US to make sure that you could actually afford the time you are not going to be working in the US. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, designguy said:

 

I dont mean to be rude but $1500 a month is barely over the minimum wage in the US. You should really do some research on the cost of living in the US to make sure that you could actually afford the time you are not going to be working in the US. 

I didnt say I was making 1500 only, I said that's what salaries are in my country, I have savings for life in US.
Please read my question above, thanks a lot!!!!

Edited by ItsBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ItsBobby said:

I guess it makes sense... Lets say she finds a job, how long does it take until she can get proof of income in order to sponsor? As soon as she lands job?

The CO wants to see stability in the income. As she most likely won't have filed tax returns indicating any income as she was a student your best bet is going to be a co sponsor. Just because she lands a job making the required amount doesn't mean that the CO will find her qualified to be a sponsor

 

Have you asked if her parents would co-sponsor?

Edited by designguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, designguy said:

The CO wants to see stability in the income. As she most likely won't have filed tax returns indicating any income as she was a student your best bet is going to be a co sponsor. Just because she lands a job making the required amount doesn't mean that the CO will find her qualified to be a sponsor

Ah okay, thanks a lot, I appreciate ur help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...