18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Honeybun said:

I will submit a review later. But is it normal that the officer keeps some docs? Such as photos, bank statements. 

They can and do keep whatever they think is beneficial 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

They can and do keep whatever they think is beneficial 

I had my interview today and I’m still waiting for my update. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Yes, that is not unusual for them to keep documents. 

Thank you. I’m a nervous train right now. He kept our joint docs and photos and said that he doesn’t need anything else. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

They can keep additional evidence a lot of the time. Hope it went well!

Thank you. I just want this wait to end already 😢. He said he didn’t need anything. Said the case was under review but didn’t give us a paper stating same. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Honeybun said:

Thank you. I just want this wait to end already 😢. He said he didn’t need anything. Said the case was under review but didn’t give us a paper stating same. 

I know what you mean, feels like you cant relax or be a person at all until its down. It sounds like good news though honestly..sounds like it went fine

All the documents you file and hand personally during interviews, go directly to your A-file. There's no reason to be concerned about it. 

Approvals can happen on the spot, later on the day of the interview or the following days. Based on reports around the forum, very few receive an RFE after the interview.

If the interviewing officer is not senior, they need to go through a supervisor to approve the decision. 

So again, no reason to worry -though I understand one can't simply avoid worrying as the whole process is stressful-.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

I know what you mean, feels like you cant relax or be a person at all until its down. It sounds like good news though honestly..sounds like it went fine

Yeah we answered everything correctly. I just hope he approves it soo so I can stop crying. Lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

All the documents you file and hand personally during interviews, go directly to your A-file. There's no reason to be concerned about it. 

Approvals can happen on the spot, later on the day of the interview or the following days. Based on reports around the forum, very few receive an RFE after the interview.

If the interviewing officer is not senior, they need to go through a supervisor to approve the decision. 

So again, no reason to worry -though I understand one can't simply avoid worrying as the whole process is stressful-.

Totally!  Yeah my worry is that I had proof of a miscarriage and I told him but he didn’t asked to see them.

3 minutes ago, Honeybun said:

Totally!  Yeah my worry is that I had proof of a miscarriage and I told him but he didn’t asked to see them.

I guess we all have a preconception on how the interview will be, and when it doesn't happen as expected, we freak out. 

Also, you might be not just very stressed but overwhelmed, as you reached a milestone on this immigration journey. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Honeybun said:

I don't intend to sound harsh because I've had miscarriages of my own in the past, but giving proof that you had a miscarriage proves nothing other than the fact that you had sex. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.