2,946 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, sandranj said:

People get wrong information about  VAWA because there are tons of bad immigration attorneys out there. If the person is married to a U.S Citizen the person can file I-765 category C9 and he/she will receive the work permit BEFORE VAWA APPROVAL. The person can file form I-485 and choose the option  YES  for  USCIS to issue a work permit and then USCIS  will issue the EAD category C31 AFTER VAWAAPPROVAL, that being said the person will have two work permits. 

Thank you Sandra ... this info helps a lot to clear the misconceptions 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/4/2019 at 10:11 AM, sheima said:

Hi, VJ, family, what is the deference between  c31 and c22. thanks.

C31 - Principal beneficiary of an approved VAWA self-petition.

C22- Alien who has filed a completed legalization application under INA 245A (status of certain aliens who entered the U.S. before January 1, 1982).  

Timeline
On 9/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, sheima said:

C31 and C22 are means green card stamp

Thank God you are not an attorney,lol...your information is not correct, but as I always say google is your friend, don't be afraid to search ok.

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, blujewel said:

Writing Vermont is a hassle... I hate that you cant call them sometimes even though I understand it's for our protection. If usps will forward it i'll wait till interview to change it. And I also didn't cancel my informed delivery at the other unit so hopefully I will get an email/ also if there's a new person in that apartment she might override my informed delivery lmao!  I have seen people say here that USPS don't forward USCIS anymore. How true is that?

Mail from USCIS is not suppose to be forwarded. It will actually say on the envelope to not forward. Sometimes the post office sees it and sends it back other times they miss it and forward it. Do not take the chance of stuff being sent back!! Do the change of address as described in this thread (notarized to Vermont). Still keep an eye on informed delivery from PO and online status from USCIS.  

@sandranj I’m still confused about it. USCIS policy manual says that unauthorized employment bars to adjustment do not apply to Vawa applicants. So how could work without EAD could be a reason to USCIS deny I-485 ? Have you seen it happen before? I just want to understand how it really works. 

73DE0E5C-0896-4CE5-8099-327EEC996DFF.png

Edited by HopeHope__

Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 5:21 PM, HopeHope__ said:

Hi everyone 

How many of you had your i-360 approved without police report attached as proof of abuse? I know it’s not necessary but sometimes I struggle with my thoughts wondering if I had enough evidence. :( 

I attached

•1 psychological evaluation 

•1 affidavit from my therapist 

•1 report from my doctor stating that in a routine check up  I was visibly disturbed due to the psychological abuse I was being exposed and  my baby daughter’s safety

•1 ER report stating  that my husband punched me on the face 

• pictures of my eye injured 

• 4 affidavits of friends ( one of them was in my house when he punched me )

• Text message begging for help to our attorney due to his crazy behavior 

• Facebook message asking help to a well know  therapist specialized in treat victims of psychopaths ( she is my therapist now) 

For bona fide marriage 

• marriage certificate 

• lease agreements 

• family pictures 

• our baby birth certificate

• statements showing him transferring money to my bank account 

• receipts showing him buying and shipping furnitures to our new apartment under my name

• car insurance 

• affidavit of friends

• affidavit of my obstetrician stating that he was with me in monthly appointments during my whole pregnancy 

• prenup agreement  

I would say I had approved 4.000 cases without a  police report and around 2.000 with a police report. I stopped counting after 6.000. It doesn't mean because the person submitted a psychological evaluation the case will be approved, to prove extreme cruelty you need to have a GREAT evaluation,and 7 out of 10 evaluations that I read were garbage and told them to get a new one. Most psychologists don't know how to draft a good evaluation. But in your case just the ER report is more than enough to prove abuse.

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

I would say I had approved 4.000 cases without a  police report and around 2.000 with a police report. I stopped counting after 6.000. It doesn't mean because the person submitted a psychological evaluation the case will be approved, to prove extreme cruelty you need to have a GREAT evaluation,and 7 out of 10 evaluations that I read were garbage and told them to get a new one. Most psychologists don't know how to draft a good evaluation. But in your case just the ER report is more than enough to prove abuse.

Thank for your answer and clarification ❤️🙏🏻

Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 12:49 PM, Teegirl2013 said:

I have a question, I file 1-360 in August 2018 but my lawyer did not file I-765 and I-485 for me. And my EAD as been expired since Feb 2018... 

My question is can I file I-765 and I-485 now that my vawa case is still pending? Because I married a USC.

And I don’t want to make any mistake as my lawyer told me that if They deny my I-765 and I-485 I will be put on deportation and removal from the US. I need the roommate advice on this and if am to file it what are the documents That i need  to include in the filling. 

Thanks in anticipation.

@sandraj @stillwining!!!😊

Yes, you can file now if you want, but you should discuss this with your attorney because he/she can end the I -360 representation if you file without informing  her/him.

Timeline

It will not affect your case  besides the  time to attend the AOS interview, NYC is taking  long time 21/36 months, but I had several cases in NYC and it took 16/19 months, but I had one case in Jacksonville- Fl that I filed in February 2019  and the guy had the interview two weeks ago.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

It will not affect your case  besides the  time to attend the AOS interview, NYC is taking  long time 21/36 months, but I had several cases in NYC and it took 16/19 months, but I had one case in Jacksonville- Fl that I filed in February 2019  and the guy had the interview two weeks ago.

Do you know the timeline for Delaware? I'm a June 2018 filer. I moved from TX and changed my address. Not sure how it affects my timeline. I received the 180-day extension for my EAD in July. Still waiting on the actual card....**patience is key**

Edited by Double

Filed: Timeline
57 minutes ago, Double said:

Do you know the timeline for Delaware? I'm a June 2018 filer. I moved from TX and changed my address. Not sure how it affects my timeline. I received the 180-day extension for my EAD in July. Still waiting on the actual card....**patience is key**

Has your 360 been approved? Once its approved that you can look into how long of a wait there is for the 485 interview at your local office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

Ooh congratulations on your approval. It's a relief finishing one step and going to another step! Congrats

21 hours ago, Panav123 said:

So finally my time came. I’ve been a silent follower since I posted about my case last year. Last week Tuesday My status for I360 changed to ‘card in production’. Today my lawyer informed me he just received my ead card (c31). I already have an ead (c9) which I have renewed before and is still valid. My lawyer says it looks like my case has been approved which I believe so based on the stories from this group discussion so far. I’m so happy!!.

timeline,

sept 18  2017 i485, i131, i130, i765 sent

oct 26 2017 rfe for i485 ( affidavit of support not up to required amount on tax returns)

Nov 26 2017 rfe response sent

dec 2 2017 rfe received by uscis 

dec 6 2017 biometrics, I was never invited for biometric I just summoned courage and went there (uscis office)after waiting for long and I was scheduled for same day

march 13 2018 filed vawa using a lawyer

march 18 2018 uscis receives i360 docs

march 19 2018 i765 and i131 combo card approved based on pending i485. Lawyer wrote to uscis to keep my i485 and attach it to my vawa app.

march 25 combo card received

march 28 2018 wife filed for divorce. We were separated already since Jan 2018

april 13 2018 received first premie facie for one year (from March 13)

july 26 2018 divorce finalized 

oct 2018 applied for combo (131 &765) renewal

jan 22 2019 combo card approved

April 2 2019 prima facie extension for 6 months

august 2019 renewal of combo card (c9)

sept 3 2019 card in production notification for i360

sept 9 2019 ead card (31) received my lawyer.

i believe that some march 2018 cases are being worked on right now.  I just want to say thank you to Sandra and everyone on this forum. You’all Gave me hope. And for everyone waiting for approvals, yours will come soon. The journey will end in praise.

thank you all.

I’m so happy for you and thank you for sharing your timeline. This forums gives hope to us. I like reading your stories because it gives me peace in my situation.

13 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

You should be good by the grace of Good. No RFE is a good sign 🙂

Hi Sunnyman i am a March 2018 filler, haven't heard any thing from the day i filled till now. No RFE. I use to have regular automated messages of WE ARE STILL REVIEWIMG YOUR CASE, but haven't had them for the past 2months. May God see us through this process and grant patience and take away any spirit of anxiety.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.