skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I could be wrong, but I seemed to remember having the ability to choose this option when I booked my interview. Granted, that was a couple of months ago and my exact memory is foggy.

Have you seen this  page? It's part of https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv where you can view your appointment and passport delivery requests.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

I could be wrong, but I seemed to remember having the ability to choose this option when I booked my interview. Granted, that was a couple of months ago and my exact memory is foggy.

Have you seen this  page? It's part of https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv where you can view your appointment and passport delivery requests.

It is when you book the interview. It’s a bit confusing because you will get stuck on a page to choose a Canada Post location before you can proceed, just pick anything closest to you. Once you book the interview it will bring you to the courier option and you can enter your home address. 

Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I have my appointment next week on December 18th. Due to the lengthy wait time we all experienced, I had to renew my passport to meet the validity period (6 months). I did, however, request and receive my old passport along with my new one which would meet the requirements. Have any of you experienced this previously? Advice would be much appreciated as I have already emailed Montreal without much insight into what should be done. 

Thanks

Timeline

Got my visa in hand! The passport page looks so funny and for some reason I wasn't expecting them to use the photo I gave them at the interview hahaha just glad I did my hair the day I got the photo done 😅 Planning to make the movie Jan 11th!

Timeline

My fiancé had his interview on dec 4th. Turns out we got the wrong police record sheet of paper. We need the full fingerprints and background check. So he needs to wait to get that from Ottawa Canada and have them send it to him. Then he has to send his passport and the background to Montreal. Anybody else run into this? If so how long did it take to both receive the background check. And for the embassy to send back your visa?

Timeline
9 hours ago, klgck said:

Got my visa in hand! The passport page looks so funny and for some reason I wasn't expecting them to use the photo I gave them at the interview hahaha just glad I did my hair the day I got the photo done 😅 Planning to make the movie Jan 11th!

Congratulations to you klgck! Best of luck on your move. So what was the total number of days from "issued" to passport/visa in hand? And was that longer than you thought it would be?

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 1:24 AM, FeelingYoung66 said:

Congratulations to you klgck! Best of luck on your move. So what was the total number of days from "issued" to passport/visa in hand? And was that longer than you thought it would be?

5 days! I was supposed to get it in on Dec. 9, but Canada Post has been having some delays.

Timeline

Hello,

My Fiancé got his fingerprint done on 12/5/19 for police certificate, we still have not received the results.

Today he went and got the police certificate with his name and date of birth background check.

He is traveling to Montreal on Monday early morning, interview date is Dec 18.

How many days does it typically take for the police certificate with fingerprint to arrive in mail?

Timeline
8 hours ago, NGill said:

How many days does it typically take for the police certificate with fingerprint to arrive in mail?

Assuming that your Fiance made the request under the "Privacy Act" (i.e, the correct PC), and did so at an RCMP station, and has no criminal record.. usually about a week to ten days.

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Timeline
12 hours ago, NGill said:

Hello,

My Fiancé got his fingerprint done on 12/5/19 for police certificate, we still have not received the results.

Today he went and got the police certificate with his name and date of birth background check.

I would follow up with them. I got mine done in October and I never received them. RCMP takes no responsibility they blamed in on Canada Post not delivering. I have had to get them ordered a second time and repay a second time. 

I am still waiting to receive them, they should be here this week. My interview is January 15th so I am happy i ordered early so I am not set back by this. Really hoping they deliver properly this time. 

Timeline

Did anyone get any medical exemptions? I wasn't able to get the vaccines (flu and tetanus) required because I have previously had an allergic reaction to them... I just want to make sure this won't cause any issues. 

The doctor at the medical signed off on it and I also got my family doctor to write a note incase. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, NGill said:

Hello,

Mine took two weeks exactly.

Timeline
15 hours ago, NGill said:

Hello,

Should have honestly done your finger printing 2 months ahead of time. Leaving it to 2 weeks before interview is not great planning :( hope you get it on time. Worst case you will be handed 221g and have to submit it at a later time.

Timeline
7 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Should have honestly done your finger printing 2 months ahead of time. Leaving it to 2 weeks before interview is not great planning :( hope you get it on time. Worst case you will be handed 221g and have to submit it at a later time.

my Fiancé just returned from India on Dec 4 and was able to get an apt for Dec 5. There were other situations that did not allow him to return sooner.

So far if the result arrives after he leaves for the flight, we might have his friend take a flight right away and give it to him.

I just don't want to go through 221g, especially with upcoming holidays. Rather would like a response approved or unapproved on the 18th.

The whole process been very stressful and just want it done.

Has anyone got a 221g and how long does it take afterwards?

Timeline
20 hours ago, FeelingYoung66 said:

Assuming that your Fiance made the request under the "Privacy Act" (i.e, the correct PC), and did so at an RCMP station, and has no criminal record.. usually about a week to ten days.

yes he did do it under the privacy act with RCMP station in Vancouver area.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.