skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jared&Roxy said:

Do you think it's too late to add on premium delivery? I would rather get it through Purolator BUT I don't want to confuse them now...

Yeah, this late in the game I'd leave it as-is just to avoid something going wonky on the delivery end. The difference is likely only a day or two anyhow.

Good luck, let us know how long the AP boogeyman has you for. 😛

Edited by Thrillhouse

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, NGill said:

Hey how did your interview go...

Hey! i ended up changing my appointment to Feb5 now. I made a mistake on my DS 160 and decided it was best to change it before the interview instead of suffer the consequences after.... I won't lie, I am getting nervous for the interview even though I know every says its a breeze its more for the unknown AP afterwards. Any news on your end? 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Hey! i ended up changing my appointment to Feb5 now. I made a mistake on my DS 160 and decided it was best to change it before the interview instead of suffer the consequences after.... I won't lie, I am getting nervous for the interview even though I know every says its a breeze its more for the unknown AP afterwards. Any news on your end? 

@NGill I just swooped up a cancelation, new interview date jan 22. Any words of advice? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ujjwal Bhasin said:

Did you guys got a 221g or anything 

We did yes, interview was dec 4th. We got the wrong police record. Sent it in and it was received dec 19th with the passport. Now just waiting. 

Timeline

January 15 (2 days ago) - interview

January 17 (today) - CEAC shows visa issued and got the Canada Post email

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K1 (Canada to USA)

NOA1: 05/09/19

NOA2: 08/12/19

P3: 09/26/19

P4: 11/04/19

Medical: 12/19/19

Interview: 01/15/20

K1 in possession: 02/05/20

• First K1 issued: 01/17/20
  • First K1 sent back due to typo: 01/28/20
  • Final K1 issued: 02/03/20
  • Final K1 in possession: 02/05/20

Entered USA: 02/29/20

Married: 04/18/20

AOS Filed: 09/28/20

AOS NOA: 10/08/20

Biometrics: 07/14/21

AOS Interview: 08/30/21

AOS Approval: 09/03/21

GC Received: 09/11/21

ROC Filed: 06/23/23

ROC NOA: 06/30/23

4 minutes ago, Jared&Roxy said:

January 15 (2 days ago) - interview

January 17 (today) - CEAC shows visa issued and got the Canada Post email

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were Canadian born or you acquired Canadian citizenship? Because if u acquire they ask for the proof of legal status and takes longer to issue so how was your case? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ujjwal Bhasin said:

You were Canadian born or you acquired Canadian citizenship? Because if u acquire they ask for the proof of legal status and takes longer to issue so how was your case? 

I am Ukrainian and I became a Canadian citizen in 2003 or something when I was like 7 years old. I brought my citizenship card and certificate to the interview but I wasn't asked for copies of it

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Your question is too general for me I think haha

K1 (Canada to USA)

Timeline

Hi, just getting a little anxious. I had my interview in montreal jan 8. Didnt get an approval letter just yet as the interviewer said she’ll look into the files further. She did take my passport. Said i will receive it 3-4weeks.  I’m checking on ceac website. It has last case updated as of jan 15, 2020, however it still states “ready” to schedule for an interview. Wondering if they are really prompt in updating the status on ceac website. 

12 hours ago, Jared&Roxy said:

I am Ukrainian and I became a Canadian citizen in 2003 or something when I was like 7 years old. I brought my citizenship card and certificate to the interview but I wasn't asked for copies of it

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Your question is too general for me I think haha

I mean after how long did you get the request to provide your status in Canada before P3?

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 12:09 PM, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

@NGill I just swooped up a cancelation, new interview date jan 22. Any words of advice? 

just have everything ready... My fiancé wasn't asked too much. Good Luck.

I'm still waiting. been 5 weeks.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Em789 said:

Wondering if they are really prompt in updating the status on ceac website. 

They are. I know it doesn't seem like it when you see the umpteenth "Ready", but when it's moved to AP and Issued, it'll be updated ASAP.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ujjwal Bhasin said:

I mean after how long did you get the request to provide your status in Canada before P3?

I wasn't asked for anything about my citizenship status before I received P3. Do most citizens who weren't born there get asked?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:35 PM, Em789 said:

Hi, just getting a little anxious. I had my interview in montreal jan 8. Didnt get an approval letter just yet as the interviewer said she’ll look into the files further. She did take my passport. Said i will receive it 3-4weeks.  I’m checking on ceac website. It has last case updated as of jan 15, 2020, however it still states “ready” to schedule for an interview. Wondering if they are really prompt in updating the status on ceac website. 

Did the interviewer say what documents she has to look into? 

K1 (Canada to USA)

1 hour ago, Jared&Roxy said:

I wasn't asked for anything about my citizenship status before I received P3. Do most citizens who weren't born there get asked?

Did the interviewer say what documents she has to look into? 

Yeah mostly all people I’ve connected who weren’t born here were asked about the status through email but looks like for your case they didn’t ask for it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.