Chisaia

Proof of ONGOING relationship

13 posts in this topic

Hello! I have another concern regarding the proof of ongoing relationship. I am doing a thorough research on how to do the application process for a k1 visa since me and my fiance are planning to apply this November. I understand that we need proof of relationship or ongoing relationship once we apply for the form I-129F and I think we have everything that we need: pictures when we met (we met twice and he stayed with me each time for a month in the past year), his boarding tickets and passes, chat and call logs and receipts from the apartment we stayed in together. 

But what concerns me is this: let’s say the application is approved and it says we need proof of ongoing relationship after the approval. My fiance wont be seeing me again soon and we wont have any recent pics together aside from the ones that we will send in the I-129f. Do we need more photos together after it has been approved? Or will call/chat logs will suffice for another round of showing we are still together? 

Thank you for the future answers! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Proof of ongoing relationship including call and chat logs are NOT required for the petition.   Proof of face to face meetings evidence is required 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chisaia said:

Hello! I have another concern regarding the proof of ongoing relationship. I am doing a thorough research on how to do the application process for a k1 visa since me and my fiance are planning to apply this November. I understand that we need proof of relationship or ongoing relationship once we apply for the form I-129F and I think we have everything that we need: pictures when we met (we met twice and he stayed with me each time for a month in the past year), his boarding tickets and passes, chat and call logs and receipts from the apartment we stayed in together. 

But what concerns me is this: let’s say the application is approved and it says we need proof of ongoing relationship after the approval. My fiance wont be seeing me again soon and we wont have any recent pics together aside from the ones that we will send in the I-129f. Do we need more photos together after it has been approved? Or will call/chat logs will suffice for another round of showing we are still together? 

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide/

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Proof of actually meeting in person (pictures together, airline tickets, hotel receipts, passport stamps) are only required for the application.  Proof of ongoing relationship is only required once at the visa interview (that is, if they do ask for evidence of an ongoing relationship) 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chisaia said:

Proof of ongoing relationship is for the embassy/visa application phase.    For USCIS and filing the I-129F  you need proof of having met in person within the past 2 years.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Phase one: Filing the I-129F petition

You need a proof of meeting in person in the past 2 years, so that would be pictures of you two together and a proof of taking the trip such as flight tickets and boarding passes. Feel free to include chatlogs, emails, letters or whatever you have even if those are not strictly required, if you don't include any, you might get a Request For Evidence.. 

Phase two: Interview at the local US embassy

To prove that your relationship has been ongoing since the filing, present evidence such as:

- photos

- chatlogs

- screenshots from videocalls

- call logs

- flight tickets or itineraries

- boarding passes

- any booking/reservation that has the names of both of you on it, such as hotel reservations, entree tickets to shows or events, train bookings

- bank logs showing payments by you both in the same period of time at the same location (such as during your vacation in Venice)

- postcards

- letters 

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We always take pictures of famous landmarks with 2 of us in there.  It is undisputable.  Eg:  Hong Kong airport sign and 2 of you.   London Airport sign and 2 of you.  Plus the air ticket its clear evidence.   Hold a newspaper with date printed and 2 of you.

On going relationship, give petitioner passport to beneficiary and flip it open in the face of the interviewer.  DIRECT CLEAR AND PRESENT evidence.   Also show photos above with air tickets at interview. boarding passes.

The min application threshold is meet 1 per 2 year.  Ongoing is like well 1-3 more is fine at interview.  But if pictures have family in it, better, it means its a bonafide relationship.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Your initial petition doesn't need to (and some would say should not) include evidence of ongoing/bona fide relationship in the form of chat logs, video calls, etc. only proof that you have met in-person within the 2 years before filing. A lot of sites say to include this information with the initial petition if the beneficiary is coming from a "high fraud country" but I don't know if it actually helps your case or just slows down the process because you "didn't follow the rules."

When the beneficiary goes for their interview that is when they submit proof of bona fide and ongoing relationship; chat logs, video call screenshots, cards/letters, call logs, etc. should suffice, many people can't see their fiance during the NOA1-NOA2 stage.

Best wishes for your visa process!

event.png

"Everything is working out best case scenario" 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Are you and your fiance not going to meet in person after the filing of the K-1 and before the embassy interview?

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, jeaniecz said:

Are you and your fiance not going to meet in person after the filing of the K-1 and before the embassy interview?

No i dont think so. He just stayed and visited me here last April 30 to May 30 2019. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shanna20 said:

No i dont think so. He just stayed and visited me here last April 30 to May 30 2019. 

So he's going to petition you in November 2019, meaning you may interview around September 2020, and you're going to tell the embassy that you guys are both in love and can't live without each other but . . . we haven't made the effort to meet since May 2019? 

It may not be a problem, I hear Manila is an "easy" place to interview, but it's not ideal.  Your chances of denial would be decreased if you meet again.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shanna20 said:

For the Philippines that is not a problem at all, in fact fairly common to only have met in person once during the visa processing timeline.      Staying for a month is not common .. ;)  :)  

:time:

Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.