Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cindy and Jean said:

Hi! This is my first time writing again. The last time I was still in the Philippines and I wrote my review about my interview at the US Embassy in the Philippines. :)

Now, here to talk about AOS! They received our packet on August 19th, 2019. 

On October 17th, we received an RFIE stating that my i-485  "ALL pages of the form are not present or of the same edition date" 

I do have extra copies of the form I submitted and checked their website and it states there that the edition date i submitted is still being accepted by the USCIS.

I did call but the person I spoke to was not being very helpful and to avoid further stress I just did what they asked on the letter and re-did all the forms with the brand new edition date they've just updated with. 

I spoke to a representative today and was told they received my response last October 29th,2019 and wait 60 days for an update. 

Anyone else in the same boat? :D How long will it take to get EAD? :(

EAD is currently taking longer than interviews being scheduled 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
33 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

EAD is currently taking longer than interviews being scheduled 

Gosh, hopefully not ;) EAD is about 6 months on average, interview wait times in Brooklyn start with 16.5 mos. It really depends upon how backlogged the field office is. But it is my understanding that [our, at least] EADs are processed in Missouri, not by field office, just by case numbers

Timeline
1 hour ago, HP+IC said:

Gosh, hopefully not ;) EAD is about 6 months on average, interview wait times in Brooklyn start with 16.5 mos. It really depends upon how backlogged the field office is. But it is my understanding that [our, at least] EADs are processed in Missouri, not by field office, just by case numbers

Unless you know that without doubt someone with a family based I-485 has an interview 16.5 months from now after filing in August, I would not believe that date. On the other hand, if that is accurate, at least you can skip the conditional green card hopefully by that point as you’ll have been married over 2 years :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Every June / May filers in queens NYC ot their green cards already and out of nowhere the timeframes changed from 7months to 17.5 months ... now july and august filers might be stuck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We got an RFIE October 10th and they received our response October 29th 😩 our NOA1 date was August 5th so I’m praying this doesn’t completely reset our clock 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Anyone else had an RFIE and case is ready to interview?? We’re at NBC 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, Savanna0501 said:

We got an RFIE October 10th and they received our response October 29th 😩 our NOA1 date was August 5th so I’m praying this doesn’t completely reset our clock 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Anyone else had an RFIE and case is ready to interview?? We’re at NBC 

I'm at NBC as well PD August 19th nothing yet just biometrics reviewed no RFIE 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Savanna0501 said:

We got an RFIE, too and they received our response on October 29th as well. When I spoke to a representative, she told me that the case would only be paused and will not have to start from the beginning but I'm not sure if that's really accurate. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

RFE’s are currently setting people back 2-3 weeks. Several of us on this thread have had one (including me) and it only delayed me 2 weeks. As of today I’m ready to be scheduled 

22 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

RFE’s are currently setting people back 2-3 weeks. Several of us on this thread have had one (including me) and it only delayed me 2 weeks. As of today I’m ready to be scheduled 

If you received a REF on the 7th of october you are delayed 4 weeks ....

Well that is my understanding :)

Cata

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

If you received a REF on the 7th of october you are delayed 4 weeks ....

Well that is my understanding :)

Cata

They didn’t get back until the 17th :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Case status turned to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" on October 30.

But I am still confused about which field office will process my case. On my 485 form I put Seattle address as my physical address and LA address as my mailing address, and my biometrics appointment was in LA.:huh:

Any August filers from Seattle also in the same case status? 

15 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

Our NOA1 was early August, we received an RFE which was dated Sept 29th, they received the response 11th October. 

24th October our status changed to "Ready to schedule an interview". 

I went on the premise that an RFE at least gave us confirmation that someone was looking at our case, I don't believe it resets the case. Detroit is my local field office but RFE sent to the NBC ofcourse. 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

17 hours ago, HP+IC said:

i think it depends on the area, so in your case, I would think the EAD would come much sooner if those estimated times are to be believed, in our area, the GC us generally about 5 months after biometrics

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, brandonflude1 said:

Unless you know that without doubt someone with a family based I-485 has an interview 16.5 months from now after filing in August, I would not believe that date. On the other hand, if that is accurate, at least you can skip the conditional green card hopefully by that point as you’ll have been married over 2 years :) 

I know someone who had their GC through marriage (though adjusting from B visa) in 12 months and that was a year ago. So it is somewhat easy to believe that in a year's time backlog could have extended to 16 months. The same in NYC thread, most October 2019 interviews were those of June 2018 applicants and those people have already renewed their EAD/AP cards by then. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.