S&J2013

I-130 July 2019 Filers

1,451 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shemuz said:

Oh ok

The worst part is that it takes about another 5-8 months before NVC receives one's file after approval. This long process is killing. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

The worst part is that it takes about another 5-8 months before NVC receives one's file after approval. This long process is killing. 

Really?? 5-8 months?? I didn’t know it takes that long. That’s crazy!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shemuz said:

Really?? 5-8 months?? I didn’t know it takes that long. That’s crazy!

A huge number of people with receipt number starting with IOE are waiting that long for their case to get to NVC. Its really crazy. The pilot program is making things slower. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

A huge number of people with receipt number starting with IOE are waiting that long for their case to get to NVC. Its really crazy. The pilot program is making things slower. 

That’s really crazy. I was hoping the pilot program would help speed up the process, not make things slower. It’s really difficult already waiting for the NOA2. This process is way too long. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, AfterMath said:

Made an account because this thread was giving me hope lol, and I thought I owed everyone else the same. 

Applied for I-130 on July 23rd, received by USCIS on July 30th. Went to Texas centre. First part approved January 15th, hooray :). 

I literally just saw it 5 minutes ago lol. 

Surprisingly I didn’t receive a email or anything :/, I was using the app and saw it. 

Im not in America atm (on vacation) but what would be the next step? 

Congratulations! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
36 minutes ago, AfterMath said:

Made an account because this thread was giving me hope lol, and I thought I owed everyone else the same. 

Applied for I-130 on July 23rd, received by USCIS on July 30th. Went to Texas centre. First part approved January 15th, hooray :). 

Surprisingly I didn’t receive a email or anything :/, I was using the app and saw it. 

Next is NVC where you will submit financial docs (such as I864) of the petitioner and civil docs of the beneficiary

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, AfterMath said:

Congrats

See the link below

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Congrats

See the link below

Hi there, does any know how many times they update the case status before it is approved?  My status date had been stuck on 10/14/2019.  I just checked and it now reads 01/15/2020.  This would be the 3rd update since submitting forms for I-130 spouse on 07/24/2019.  Hoping it is a good sign.  

14 hours ago, David Utomi said:

But when did this "pilot program" begin? For some reason thought I read the IOE thing just started in June 2019? 

I'm just sitting here (im)patiently waiting... I'm seeing quite a few people with later Priority Dates than mine (mine is July 15) getting approved before me (from the same Service Center), so I'm hoping I get mine soon, too! :) Also hoping the NVC thing goes quickly for all of us!

2 minutes ago, Ma Isabel said:

Hi there, does any know how many times they update the case status before it is approved?  My status date had been stuck on 10/14/2019.  I just checked and it now reads 01/15/2020.  This would be the 3rd update since submitting forms for I-130 spouse on 07/24/2019.  Hoping it is a good sign.  

I was wondering the same thing. I don't know when mine first updated, because I didn't even check the status until December, but when I checked in December it had been updated November 3rd, and then again on January 7th. Still nothing though and it's been over a week since the last refresh. My PD is 7/15, so not too far off from yours! Maybe others will have more input. 

33 minutes ago, Alexsea said:

I was wondering the same thing. I don't know when mine first updated, because I didn't even check the status until December, but when I checked in December it had been updated November 3rd, and then again on January 7th. Still nothing though and it's been over a week since the last refresh. My PD is 7/15, so not too far off from yours! Maybe others will have more input. 

If there has been recent updates soon you will have your approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.