Jump to content
Insha

Spouse in Admin Processing for 14 months now please help!

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I applied for my husband's immigration visa 2 years ago, he had his interview at the Islamabad Embassy in Pakistan on february 27th of 2018 and was put under administrative processing with a request of more pics for proof of relationship (they kept his passport). We mailed the pics 2 days after his interview and received a questionnaire a few days later in march which we filled out and emailed back right away. I asked for an update in may of 2018 after the 60 day mark and just got the admin processing message in their email response. I decided to wait and let them do their thing. A year goes by and the last status update is still from may 2018 when I made my inquiry. I email them again in march of 2019 and got the same admin processing message. His status update date was changed to reflect the new update after my inquiry. I emailed them again about 4 or 5 times since march of this year and now don't even receive an email response, but instead they just give me a response by updating the status date on the CEAC site with the same admin processing status. Recently on July 2nd there was an automatic update that said the case is expiring soon, I panicked and emailed them again, luckily they changed it back to admin processing on the 5th. The case status date only changes after I make an inquiry which tells me they aren't working on it unless I reach out to ask for an update, even then I assume its not a person updating but the system itself. Its been 14 months going on 15 soon, I know theres nothing anyone can do, but any advice based off your own experience or if there is something worth trying?? Im thinking about reaching out to my local congressman, but afraid I'll piss off the embassy by doing that. Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Congressman cannot help.  Administrative Processing can not be waived or expedited......It's a very unfortunate situation, but there is no remedy other than patience.


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree, not much a congressperson or senator can do at this point.  Administrative processing is a pain, but it is what it is particularly in countries that are not entirely cooperative with records that might be needed for a background check (speculation on my part).

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Consulates do not handle AP, the updates were because of your enquiries.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our case is family immigration Fb3 category we are in AP from almost 13 month our interview is in 12-june-2018 till now we have done with DNAs and all the stuff of additional documents we have recently send marriage  and divorce timeline of my mother she is principal applicant my grand mother has applied for us we send marriage and divorce timeline on 8-may-2018 till that time to now we all are in AP and no update on CEAC only date change when we send them an inquiry what should we do is there any option to get out this AP process as soon as possible its too much late and frustrated time for us any suggestions will be appreciated if we can do anything they are have not reviewed out documents from 2 month what should we have to do now thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, Insha said:

Hi everyone,

I applied for my husband's immigration visa 2 years ago, he had his interview at the Islamabad Embassy in Pakistan on february 27th of 2018 and was put under administrative processing with a request of more pics for proof of relationship (they kept his passport). We mailed the pics 2 days after his interview and received a questionnaire a few days later in march which we filled out and emailed back right away. I asked for an update in may of 2018 after the 60 day mark and just got the admin processing message in their email response. I decided to wait and let them do their thing. A year goes by and the last status update is still from may 2018 when I made my inquiry. I email them again in march of 2019 and got the same admin processing message. His status update date was changed to reflect the new update after my inquiry. I emailed them again about 4 or 5 times since march of this year and now don't even receive an email response, but instead they just give me a response by updating the status date on the CEAC site with the same admin processing status. Recently on July 2nd there was an automatic update that said the case is expiring soon, I panicked and emailed them again, luckily they changed it back to admin processing on the 5th. The case status date only changes after I make an inquiry which tells me they aren't working on it unless I reach out to ask for an update, even then I assume its not a person updating but the system itself. Its been 14 months going on 15 soon, I know theres nothing anyone can do, but any advice based off your own experience or if there is something worth trying?? Im thinking about reaching out to my local congressman, but afraid I'll piss off the embassy by doing that. Any advice?

Im going through the same thing... we filed in 2017, interview was on 2018 and still on AP. It’s been 13 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, NilsaNAnil said:

Im going through the same thing... we filed in 2017, interview was on 2018 and still on AP. It’s been 13 months 

You got an expiring soon message too? Any updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Insha said:

You got an expiring soon message too? Any updates?

Our last update was on July 16, 2019 after our local senator inquired about our case. 

I didn’t get and expiring message but I noticed the DS 260 was reopened. Which we did Inquire about and was told not to update the application. So we didn’t re-do it. 

Where do you see the expiration date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

Our last update was on July 16, 2019 after our local senator inquired about our case. 

I didn’t get and expiring message but I noticed the DS 260 was reopened. Which we did Inquire about and was told not to update the application. So we didn’t re-do it. 

Where do you see the expiration date?

It was on the ceac site where it says admin processing my husband's case status changed to expiring soon few weeks ago, luckily it wasnt actually expiring and was just an automated message they send out after a year has gone by and they put it back in admin processing. How were you able to see the DS 260 was reopened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the CR-1 Case Progress subforum to the Waivers/AP forum.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, Boiler said:

Consulates do not handle AP, the updates were because of your enquiries.

Who handles AP?


Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...