Kanwal Haqqi

Did they keep the passport after giving you 221(g)?

34 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi,

Whoever got a 221(g) on the day of the immigration interview....

WAS THERE PASSPORT KEPT WITH THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER OR WAS IT RETURNED BACK TO YOU?
How long did they keep the passport? And has their been any update after your 221(g)?

Regards,

Kanwal.

frustrated homer simpson GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi. I was issued a 221G and had my passport returned to me.

I have since submitted the requested document after which my case was updated twice.

Nothing since then. Had my interview June 21. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

My fiance's Interview was on June 18, 2019. He received a 221g for Administrative Processing. Passport was also returned. Last update to case was 06/19/19.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Oko Vicki said:

Hi. I was issued a 221G and had my passport returned to me.

I have since submitted the requested document after which my case was updated twice.

Nothing since then. Had my interview June 21. 

Hi, did you submit the documents or upload them at ceac. Im confused , I submitted my documents via courier but I don't know if I have to upload them or not 😞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Hi,

WAS THERE PASSPORT KEPT WITH THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER OR WAS IT RETURNED BACK TO YOU?
How long did they keep the passport? And has their been any update after your 221(g)?

Regards,

Kanwal.

221g Was given on Oct 23rd and they kept passport.  We received a questionnaire about a week later.  Our case had updated on its own many times through January now it only updates when we inquire.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Hi,

Regards,

Kanwal.

Yes our case is F3 immigration case on the day of interview they kept all our passports and till now case is in administrative processing and passports are in the consulate 

Timeline
5 hours ago, AasmaBhatti said:

Hi, did you submit the documents or upload them at ceac. Im confused , I submitted my documents via courier but I don't know if I have to upload them or not 😞

Submitted via courier, I think submission visa ceac is done only at NVC stage.

Let's all hope we hear something soon.

Timeline
5 hours ago, AasmaBhatti said:

Submitted via courier, I think submission visa ceac is done only at NVC stage.

Let's all hope we hear something soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They can do either

return the passport as they either need more security checks or documents or expect to deny the petition

if they ask for more documents,  they may say to return the passport with documents

OR

they can may keep the passport

and how long?    till they are finished with their job (one has been kept a year but that was in Morocco)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They give me back my passport and gave me 221g to submit joint sponsor.... There was someone who got 221g, passport returned and he submitted the required documents same day and after 3days he was called to drop of passport... We r good! I'm sure soon you'd be called to drop of passport for visa issuance

When additional docs are required after your consulate interview, sometimes they keep the passport, other times they return it to you.....mine was returned to me but I was told what was needed for my approval to be granted = a new joint sponsor. 

The most important thing is that you provide the additional information that is needed for your case to move ahead so that you can get approved.

The instructions normally ask you to mail the supporting docs thru the consulate's courier service...I have never heard anyone having to upload anything online.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Hi,

Regards,

Kanwal.

My fiance (K1/K2) received a 221g for AP and both passports were returned. Her interview was on June 13th. Last update to case was 06/18/19 for K1 and 6/26/19 for K2. 

Currently K1 shows AP and K2 shows Ready.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Amadia said:

When additional docs are required after your consulate interview, sometimes they keep the passport, other times they return it to you.....mine was returned to me but I was told what was needed for my approval to be granted = a new joint sponsor. 

The most important thing is that you provide the additional information that is needed for your case to move ahead so that you can get approved.

The instructions normally ask you to mail the supporting docs thru the consulate's courier service...I have never heard anyone having to upload anything online.

After you returned the joint sponsor, how soon till you were contacted to return your passport to the embassy for your visa?

10 hours ago, Austin said:

After you returned the joint sponsor, how soon till you were contacted to return your passport to the embassy for your visa?

1 week after.... then 4 days to return my passport with visa foil thru the consulate courier. 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Timeline

Why did they give your fiance a 221(g)? What further documents did they require? And have you submitted them?

On 7/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, Isadoradaniels2 said:

My fiance's Interview was on June 18, 2019. He received a 221g for Administrative Processing. Passport was also returned. Last update to case was 06/19/19.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.