Kanwal Haqqi

Did they keep the passport after giving you 221(g)?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

When they give you a 221(g) form, it gives a reason of why they are giving it to you. It means you are missing out on something thats why you are under AP. The form has little boxes which the immigration officer ticks off.
Anyway, best of luck! Hope your case sorts out soon. Inshallah

221(g) does not mean something is missing just means the embassy is not ready to make a decision check marked checked for needs Additional processing (its the second check box).  No are documents required. 

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 5:03 AM, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Hi,

Whoever got a 221(g) on the day of the immigration interview....

WAS THERE PASSPORT KEPT WITH THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER OR WAS IT RETURNED BACK TO YOU?
How long did they keep the passport? And has their been any update after your 221(g)?

Regards,

Kanwal.

frustrated homer simpson GIF

May I know what is the reason for Administrative processing?

Timeline
1 hour ago, dmoney1 said:

May I know what is the reason for Administrative processing?

I wish I knew. Our interview was pretty good. They are various reasons for ones case going in Administrative Processing. I personally dont know the reason my case is in it. Its pretty common though from what I"ve been researching online. The dreadful wait period though.... ugh!

• 1 month later...

my case category is f1 us citizen unmarried son and daughter. my interview date was 15 April and my sister interview date was 11 april. my sister said interview was good they kept my passport and demand 221g. my interview was after 4 days. and i take my 221g for safe side and go for the interview after asking some questions CO said your interview is perfectly fine but we need 221g so i just give her 221g which i also have it. after watching 221g she said ok fine now i need double 221g your mother to your sister and your mother to your bro. we send it trough courier after receiving 221g they demand DNA we done the dna 24 july US laboratory send the document to NVC which is written we are biological son and daughter 30 july cast update and still status is READY      

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.