Kanwal Haqqi

Did they keep the passport after giving you 221(g)?

34 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, Oko Vicki said:

Hi. I was issued a 221G and had my passport returned to me.

I have since submitted the requested document after which my case was updated twice.

Nothing since then. Had my interview June 21. 

The processing has slowed down ridiculously.... If you had your interview on June 21, 2019, then just wait for another 2 months before you contact the consulate. Otherwise they wont respond to you. Best wishes.

Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 5:16 PM, AasmaBhatti said:

Hi, did you submit the documents or upload them at ceac. Im confused , I submitted my documents via courier but I don't know if I have to upload them or not

At the time of my interview, I was told by the immigration officer to upload the documents on CEAC. I have read other people sending their stuff via courier. When I got in touch with the embassy, they mentioned they have received my required documents, however they have not been reviewed yet. Such an annoying waiting period. Best wishes!

Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

221g Was given on Oct 23rd and they kept passport.  We received a questionnaire about a week later.  Our case had updated on its own many times through January now it only updates when we inquire.

If you don't mind me asking:

• which visa category are you in and why did you get a 221(g)? What were you missing out on?

I'm guessing your interview was on October 23, 2019 and that's when you got a 221(g).

• Did they also keep your passport or was that returned? Sorry too many questions.

Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, Zeeshan ch said:

Yes our case is F3 immigration case on the day of interview they kept all our passports and till now case is in administrative processing and passports are in the consulate

I read that your grandmother has sponsored you & its also taking time because of your step-kids. They are probably doing a thorough security clearance. Its very frustrating, I understand. But the current govt. administration has prolonged cases like ours. Best wishes!

Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 10:20 PM, Oko Vicki said:

Submitted via courier, I think submission visa ceac is done only at NVC stage.

Let's all hope we hear something soon.

I submitted my documents on CEAC as the immigration officer asked me too on the day of our interview. My husbands interview was on April 17, 2019. The same day he got a 221(g). We submitted the documents on May 18, 2019 and have been waiting since then. I sent an inquiry to the embassy and was informed after few days that they have received my documents on CEAC and then the same automated response.

Timeline
On 7/6/2019 at 12:06 AM, Amadia said:

The instructions normally ask you to mail the supporting docs thru the consulate's courier service...I have never heard anyone having to upload anything online.

Actually in my case,  the immigration officer asked me to upload the documents on CEAC, which we did. I inquired from the embassy after a month and they told me they have received the documents but they still have not been reviewed.

Timeline
On 7/6/2019 at 2:42 AM, GMvietnam said:

My fiance (K1/K2) received a 221g for AP and both passports were returned. Her interview was on June 13th. Last update to case was 06/18/19 for K1 and 6/26/19 for K2. 

Currently K1 shows AP and K2 shows Ready.

Why did your fiance get a 221(g)? What did they further ask for?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

If you don't mind me asking:

• which visa category are you in and why did you get a 221(g)? What were you missing out on?

I'm guessing your interview was on October 23, 2019 and that's when you got a 221(g).

• Did they also keep your passport or was that returned? Sorry too many questions.

IR1/CR1 no missing docs just for Administrative Processing

Kept passport.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

I read that your grandmother has sponsored you & its also taking time because of your step-kids. They are probably doing a thorough security clearance. Its very frustrating, I understand. But the current govt. administration has prolonged cases like ours. Best wishes!

Yes exactly 

Timeline
6 hours ago, FAIQ SADIQ said:

How and which way you try to inquire please let me know .

• After 4 weeks of submitting your documents, you can send an inquiry on their website asking for an update. The consulate does not respond to phones calls or emails about immigrant visas. You can only go on their website and fill the inquiry form. They took about a week to respond to my inquiry. I'll share the link with you below:

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

IR1/CR1 no missing docs just for Administrative Processing

Kept passport.

When they give you a 221(g) form, it gives a reason of why they are giving it to you. It means you are missing out on something thats why you are under AP. The form has little boxes which the immigration officer ticks off.
Anyway, best of luck! Hope your case sorts out soon. Inshallah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Why did your fiance get a 221(g)? What did they further ask for?

Name/address of ex-spouses, physical address/email/phone for both Petitioner and Beneficiary...Detailed chronology (timeline)of the relationship which is already provided.  Also, airlines tickets and proof of payment. Most of these already provided but still asked again.

Timeline
1 minute ago, GMvietnam said:

Name/address of ex-spouses, physical address/email/phone for both Petitioner and Beneficiary...Detailed chronology (timeline)of the relationship which is already provided.  Also, airlines tickets and proof of payment. Most of these already provided but still asked again.

How long has it been that your case is in AP?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

How long has it been that your case is in AP?

June 18th, 2019.  Has not been 60 days yet but seems long...haha.

Best of luck to you and everyone in AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.