57 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Kahunde Doreen said:

@Jorgedig Is that a Question really?or am I the 1st one not to have been in a country ...hmmm🤔

It’s just that you seem very eager to get an immigrant visa, and without ever having been here, I find that curious.

29 minutes ago, Kahunde Doreen said:

@Daphne K Am the Victim here,I don’t see the reason why you should be rude ...if you didn’t want to be helpful to my situation...you would have just passed the post ...instead of judging 

By no means was I trying to be rude or was I passing judgement.

I was just very surprised that you replied that you did not know about the financial responsibilities etc. when I wrote that in my post. 

I think I have been helpful, especially because you said you did not know about all the financial matters etc. Now you do know and you can inform yourself about the long and sometimes complicated and frustrating Immigration process.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

@Daphne K Yes you wea helpfully and I appreciate that but to some extent you were rude ...I knew about finances....but I didn’t know about the consequences it comes with when filing for 2 visas ....I have done my research but most of it is about filing 1 visa not 2 most people are talking about filing 1 visa not 2 at the same time 

6 minutes ago, Kahunde Doreen said:

@Daphne K Yes you wea helpfully and I appreciate that but to some extent you were rude ...I knew about finances....but I didn’t know about the consequences it comes with when filing for 2 visas ....I have done my research but most of it is about filing 1 visa not 2 most people are talking about filing 1 visa not 2 at the same time 

Okay, so you maybe thought it would be considered as 1 package then maybe?

No, he will have to sign for an AoS for both his mother and you which in theory means that he is ‘on the hook’ for both of you for a long time.

This is also why I asked what kind of job he has. It is hard enough for some people to meet the income requirements for 1 petition (and they will need a co-sponsor), let alone having to file for 2. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Hi @Kahunde Doreen,

I know it may seem that some of the replies are a little direct, but they are not to come off as rude. It is just that the way you are presenting your situation makes it seem like you are more interested in getting to the US or getting a green card than the best interest of your fiance. 

He is certainly capable of having more than one petition at a time. But him not doing so could be for personal reasons. Nobody here is not going to offer advice on how to convince him to change his mind because he has a right to his decision. It would be morally wrong to try to make someone do something they are not ready for. 

He may have his own reasons for wanting to petition for his mother first. It may be a lifelong plan of his to do so. As @Daphne K and others explained, it is a huge financial responsibility to bring someone to the US. Even though you two are engaged, there is no legal status for fiances. Meaning he has no legal obligations to you because technically you are not his wife yet. 

This is more of a relationship issue. You need to communicate with him and understand why he wants to bring his mother first. And if you truly love him, you will be supportive of his decision. He can certainly continue researching his options and he can even join this site for help. If he sees that he can continue the process with two petitions, he may have a change of heart. But if he is still adamant about petitioning his mother first, then you should respect his decision. It will be hard but most of us on here have been apart from our loved ones. We all know what it is like waiting for a long to to be together so we understand your frustration. But one thing we have in common is we overcame the suffering of the distance and time apart.

P.S.

He works  at Delta international Airport in Airport operations 

I think you meant Delta Airlines. There is no Delta Airport.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe Denver International Airport?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

@Unlockable ant pushing him neither have I said anything to him ...was just asking ....we are not only in a relationship My friend  iam  Engaged....he has already petitioned for his mum...since she was the 1st to ask and she really badly wants to come to the US and work ....I think this thread is for people who want to ask only about petitions...

Edited by Kahunde Doreen

Timeline

Sounds like it is just a question of waiting your turn.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

@Boiler all I wanted to know was if someone can file 2 petition ...with in the same period it may not be all of them at once ...like the filing another petition  be4 the 1st person he /she filed for gets there Visa that’s all ...but it seems like Everyone is getting me in a wrong way ....of course I want to live with my man wz without a Visa there is no know I can live with him ...but you guys are saying am more interested in a visa of course yes cause it’s through a visa that I get to live with my man ...and it’s through a visa that you all live with your loved ones now 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kahunde Doreen said:

@Boiler all I wanted to know was if someone can file 2 petition ...with in the same period it may not be all of them at once ...like the filing another petition  be4 the 1st person he /she filed for gets there Visa that’s all ...but it seems like Everyone is getting me in a wrong way ....of course I want to live with my man wz without a Visa there is no know I can live with him ...but you guys are saying am more interested in a visa of course yes cause it’s through a visa that I get to live with my man ...and it’s through a visa that you all live with your loved ones now 

You were the one who said he wanted to petition his mother first, does make sense as she will be able to work straight away whilst you would have a long wait.

10 minutes ago, Kahunde Doreen said:

Okay, let’s try to wrap this thread up.. Your question has been answered a couple of times already so at least that is good news 👍🏻

To recap:

• Yes, he can have 2 filed petitions at the same time.

• No, each petition is a separate one so if 1 gets approved and the other one does not, it is not because he has 2 petitions but it could be because of other issues. 

• He needs to be able to meet the income requirements to sponsor. If he does not, he will need a co-sponsor

I think this covered all your questions..

Edited by Daphne K

“It’s been 84 years…” 

7 minutes ago, Kahunde Doreen said:

I wanted to know was if someone can file 2 petition

Yes a petitioner can have multiple petitions for family members.   Just as a beneficiary may be petitioned by a spouse and a family member.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.