Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/3/2020 at 6:04 PM, Fer Schvarztman said:

Guys, I want to share how I organized and prepared my AOS Interview Packet. I need to update it adding all new evidence we have since my canceled interview date (March 30th, 2020). Hope this helps you, and please give me feedback about our paket. I'm worried we have 2 key proof missing: Rent Lease + Joint Asset.

I had to devide all paperwork in 2 binders. Adding originals + copies

BINDER 1 AOS Form I-485 

A. Index & Cover Letter.

B. Beneficiary Documents:

1. Acta de nacimiento (Birth Certificate)         original + copy.

2. Original passport & Passport Bio page. copy.

3. Passport style photo. (need update)

4. EAD original + copy. (front & back)

5. State ID original + copy. 

6. K1 Visa passport stamp copy.

7. I-94 original + copy. 

8. SSN # original + copy.

9. I129F NOA1 original + copy.

(Received date: June 28,2018- Notice date: July 03, 2018) 

10. I129F NOA2 original + copy.

(Notice date: December 04, 2018)

11. NVC Letter original + copy.

(January 08, 2019)

12. I-485 AOS NOA1 Original + Copy.

(Received date: July 19, 2019. Notice date: July 25, 2019).

13. I-765 EAD NOA1 original + copy.

(Filed together with AOS petition. Notice date: July 25, 2019).

14. ASC APP Notice (Biometrics) original + copy.

(Noyice date: July 26, 2019)

15. USCIS typographical error with my married last name. Confirmation notice system update. Original + copy.

(September 14, 2019).

16. USCIS confirmation notice system update: Home adress. Original + copy.

(January 08,2020)

17. I-765 EAD NOA2. Approved original + copy.

(Notice date: January 02, 2020)

18. I-485 AOS Interview Notice original + copy.

(Notice date: February 18, 2020. Interview date: March 30, 2020)

19. USCIS EAD letter with card. February 02-27-2020. Original + copy.

20.  USCIS Interview cancellation Notice. Original + copy.

(Notice date: March 18, 2020) 

C. Petitioner Documents:

1. Birth Certificate original + copy.

2. State ID driver license.

3. Passport Bio page copy + and all passports.

4. SSN# Original + copy.

D. Petitioner Affidavit of support + Joint Bank Account and Taxes.

1.Petitoner I-864 original + copy. (Expires: 10/31/2021)

2. Petitioners Taxes: IRS / 1040 Forms. Original + copy.

3. Account Adjust Notice original + copy.

4. Tax return transcripts original + copy.

5. Petitioner W2 Forms original + copy.

6. Petitioner + Beneficiary Employer Letter original + copy.

7. Petitioner + Beneficiary Paystubs original + copy. 

8. Petitioner Bank Statements + Joint Bank Statements Account Summary original + copy.

10. Bank/s Reference Letter/s original + copy.

11. Bank Letter accepted new joint account. (We changed our joint Acc from one Bank to another) original + copy. 

12. Bank/s credit card/s Account/s Summary original + copy.

13. Bank Letter Notice: check has been deposited under my name in our joint account.

E. Joint Sponsor Affidavit of support.

1. I-134 Form

2. Naturalization Document copy.

3. IRS/1040 Forms

4. Employer Letter copy.

5. W2 copies.

6. Paystubs copies.

7. Bank Statements.

BINDER 2:  PROOF OF BONAFIDE MARRIAGE 

A. Rent Lease & Monthly payments. original + copy.

( My name is not in the lease, but we want to show we could support our appartment all this time.)

B. Health Insurance. NY State letter approval eligibility for insurance plan for petitioner and beneficiary original + copy.

C. Health Insurance Card petitioner + Beneficiary original + copy.

D. Joint Asset: SUV ( We need to do the registration title application to show co/ownership).

E. Amazon Prime Household Account Screenshots with our names, picture and home adress + our orders delivered to our home adress.

F. On Going Relationship Pictures. ( Pictures since my arrival in April 23, 2019 until December 25th 2019, need to update till present).

G. Marriage Day Pictures at the Clerk office.

H. Social Media Posts. (Added posts since my arrival to NY from my FB page, my husband's page, brother and sister in law pages and my family members to show we relate in social media, we know eachother.) 

I. Marriage Wittness Letters ( This letters basically say my brother and sister in law assisted in person to our wedding at the NY Clerks office).

J. Proof of Adress:

A. Family Letters we received when we got married.

B. Health Insurance payment letters under my husband and I name and adress.

C. Internet bills under my husband and I name and adress.

D. Fedex Envelopes + Bank Letters where our debit cards came in.

Despite all the proof we have, the most important such as the rent lease and the joint asset are missing and don't have much pictures together during the quarentine, at least a couple of family video chats through whats app. Hope all we already have is enough in case we have an interview. I'm not sure to request to speed up the process, until I have everything updated.

Do we need to take passport photos for the Interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Interview was today at 0930  (Baltimore Field Office) arrived at 0915 checked in by 0925 called into interview around 0940 was back in car heading home 1006.

1. Looked at both our government issued ID my DOD Military Retirement card and her DOD Dependent card.
  2. Looked at her Thai Passport and Visa
  3. Asked how we met and chatted about her having some issues passing the Lerners Permit test to drive and complimenter her on her English which is good since she feels her English is not good and I am the only one that understands her lol!!!
  4. They basically went line by line using the  I-485 verifying information and that she knew what was on the form made a couple minor adjustments like adding her SSN and updating her cell number
  5. Asked if we had any questions said she would be approving but was waiting on my wife's complete K-1 package before she could complete the adjudication

Of note she didn't asked to see any additional evidence and she stated everything was in order and looked good and told my wife good luck on her retest for Learners Permit and that she will be fine and pass. She did say if we haven't seen any update on her card status by October we should call for a status update.

5 hours ago, Adamsdaa said:

Interview was today at 0930  (Baltimore Field Office) arrived at 0915 checked in by 0925 called into interview around 0940 was back in car heading home 1006.

1. Looked at both our government issued ID my DOD Military Retirement card and her DOD Dependent card.
  3. Asked how we met and chatted about her having some issues passing the Lerners Permit test to drive and complimenter her on her English which is good since she feels her English is not good and I am the only one that understands her lol!!!
  4. They basically went line by line using the  I-485 verifying information and that she knew what was on the form made a couple minor adjustments like adding her SSN and updating her cell number
  5. Asked if we had any questions said she would be approving but was waiting on my wife's complete K-1 package before she could complete the adjudication

Of note she didn't asked to see any additional evidence and she stated everything was in order and looked good and told my wife good luck on her retest for Learners Permit and that she will be fine and pass. She did say if we haven't seen any update on her card status by October we should call for a status update.

That is about ours went too... Ours was last Monday and the website still say the same... Waiting for the website to update

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

On 9/20/2020 at 3:27 PM, ds2 said:

Do we need to take passport photos for the Interview?

No.... Unless u just want to make sure all ur bases are covered they didn't ask us for anything just bonafides

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

22 hours ago, Adamsdaa said:

Thank you for this. This is our office as well. Did you guys have to wait outside? Was the interview at the window or in an office?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
20 hours ago, GeeRaf said:

Thank you for this. This is our office as well. Did you guys have to wait outside? Was the interview at the window or in an office?

You are allowed in 15 min prior to your appt  you will checkin at the window and you will receive a number and wait for your interviewer call it and they will take to an office for your interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey guys! For the ones still waitting for the GC interview,  I wanted to share this, seems that The Public Charge Rule is back on track. In the article, at the very end,  there is another article that goes more in depth. 

https://www.axios.com/public-charge-immigrants-trump-administration-f47c1a15-4583-4d93-8220-6e5b3bdc2840.html

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey guys,

Interview was this morning the 24th at 9 AM and it went great. My wife and I were called in at 9:21 and walked out by 9:45. 

- He swore us in and asked me a few questions like name, address and if I've been previously married.

- Then he asked my wife the same questions plus several from the list like if she's been arrested or if she's part of a terrorist organization etc. 

- He asked if there was any more evidence we wanted to provide so we gave him our recent bank statements, updated insurance card and photos from the last year or so, about 25 total. 

- While he was looking at the pictures he asked me how we met and who went to our wedding.

- After looking at everything he asked how far along my wife was (she's 37 weeks so it was very obvious) and congratulated us on our first baby. 

- Finally he said that he has up to 120 days or something to make a decision but that he never takes that long and that we should get a letter fairly soon. 

Sure enough at 4:30 PM today we got our status updated to "New Card Being Produced"!!!!

We're so glad this is over with, at least until her citizenship process starts. Hope it goes well for everyone still waiting! see you in a few years.IMG_1922.thumb.jpg.fce6632330eecfa34de59b97117f4d17.jpg

Adjustment of Status

PD- 7/19/19

Biometrics- 8/12/19 (25 days)

RFIE- 9/13/19 (59 days)

RFIE Accepted - 11/13/19 (118 days)

Interview RTS- 2/27/20 (224 days)

Interview Scheduled - 3/2/20 (228 days)

Interview Date - 4/20/20 (277 days) - Cancelled due to COVID

New Interview Date - 9/24 (434 days)

AOS Approved- Yes

GC Received- 

EAD/AP

PD- 7/19/19

Approved- 3/5/20 (231 days)

Card Received- 3/13/20 (239)

SSN Received- 4/10/20 (267)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys, 

So We had our interview today at 11:00am, was pretty smooth same questions about being a terrorist or being involved with drugs, then she asked about our cat's name, I said "Jay The Blue Ninja", she laugh and said I have to write this on here, so she wrote down our cat's name on the folder, she was pretty nice, then she said she has up to 120 days to approve our case, then she said but i don't think this will take that long , then when we left i checked my phone and refresh the app it says your case has been approved, not even 8 minutes after the interview,

So we were approved!!!

Thanks to all of you guys that has been helping every question i had with this long process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, C&C88 said:

Hey guys,

Interview was this morning the 24th at 9 AM and it went great. My wife and I were called in at 9:21 and walked out by 9:45. 

- He swore us in and asked me a few questions like name, address and if I've been previously married.

- Then he asked my wife the same questions plus several from the list like if she's been arrested or if she's part of a terrorist organization etc. 

- He asked if there was any more evidence we wanted to provide so we gave him our recent bank statements, updated insurance card and photos from the last year or so, about 25 total. 

- While he was looking at the pictures he asked me how we met and who went to our wedding.

- After looking at everything he asked how far along my wife was (she's 37 weeks so it was very obvious) and congratulated us on our first baby. 

- Finally he said that he has up to 120 days or something to make a decision but that he never takes that long and that we should get a letter fairly soon. 

Sure enough at 4:30 PM today we got our status updated to "New Card Being Produced"!!!!

We're so glad this is over with, at least until her citizenship process starts. Hope it goes well for everyone still waiting! see you in a few years.IMG_1922.thumb.jpg.fce6632330eecfa34de59b97117f4d17.jpg

Congratulations! 🥳🥳🍾

The felling that it's over plus green card aproved must be wonderful, hope we all get there with you guys! How long did you have to wait since your canceled interview?,  which state?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Congratulations! 🥳🥳🍾

The felling that it's over plus green card aproved must be wonderful, hope we all get there with you guys! How long did you have to wait since your canceled interview?,  which state?

Our office is in Oakland Park, FL. Original interview was set for 4/20/20 but due to COVID it was rescheduled to 9/24, 5 months. 

Adjustment of Status

PD- 7/19/19

RFIE- 9/13/19 (59 days)

AOS Approved- Yes

GC Received- 

EAD/AP

PD- 7/19/19

On 9/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, C&C88 said:

Hey guys,

wow! congrats we interviewed on the 14th and our case has not been updated hoping it will update soon

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

On 9/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, eduardo12305 said:

Hey guys, 

So We had our interview today at 11:00am, was pretty smooth same questions about being a terrorist or being involved with drugs, then she asked about our cat's name, I said "Jay The Blue Ninja", she laugh and said I have to write this on here, so she wrote down our cat's name on the folder, she was pretty nice, then she said she has up to 120 days to approve our case, then she said but i don't think this will take that long , then when we left i checked my phone and refresh the app it says your case has been approved, not even 8 minutes after the interview,

So we were approved!!!

Thanks to all of you guys that has been helping every question i had with this long process

congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline

Timing couldn’t  have been any better. Green card interview on 9/24 at 9am, Green card approved at 4:30 pm later that day and at 9:05 pm today, 9/25, our baby boy decided he wanted to come 2 1/2 weeks early, perfectly healthy!!!, oh and it was my wife’s birthday on Monday too. What an unbelievable week it’s been!!! Praise God! 

Adjustment of Status

PD- 7/19/19

RFIE- 9/13/19 (59 days)

AOS Approved- Yes

GC Received- 

EAD/AP

PD- 7/19/19

We've completed our interview!

The officer was super kind. Everything went well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.