Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,560 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, ECCK said:

Thank you for sharing that info! That's really helpful - we'll be keeping an eye out for the mail next week. 

You're very welcome. 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

7 hours ago, ECCK said:

Thank you for sharing that info! That's really helpful - we'll be keeping an eye out for the mail next week. 

There is a service provided by the USPS (US Postal Service) whereby each morning USPS will scan your incoming mail (just the address side of the envelope) and email you an update. It's very convenient these days to have advance notice that an important piece of mail is being delivered.

The service is available to most communities but some are still being rolled out so not all areas are available. Check the website with your zip code to verify your location is available for the service. A person in the USA can sign up for this free service here:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

You can also use the USPS Mobile app available in the Google play store.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
38 minutes ago, MalinB said:

Got our NOA1 today! Official notice date is July 25th 😄 

Congratulations!

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I know I’m not gonna get an answer for a few months ( until I get my NOA2) but I’m reading a lot to get info so I can be ready when the time gets here and I being reading at some pages that for k1 you need to do 125% poverty level and some say a 100% .... which one is the right amount .... thanks in advance

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cesartx75989 said:

I know I’m not gonna get an answer for a few months ( until I get my NOA2) but I’m reading a lot to get info so I can be ready when the time gets here and I being reading at some pages that for k1 you need to do 125% poverty level and some say a 100% .... which one is the right amount .... thanks in advance

125% is for the AOS. 100% is for I-134 from what I have read.  However, I'd like to know as well. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

event.png

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Cesartx75989 said:

This is the guidelines, but it''s saying the 100% is for active duty military. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

event.png

Timeline
19 minutes ago, J&S12 said:

19 minutes ago, J&S12 said:

Yeah I saw that too but I mean it doesn’t specify as far as I know is 100% for k1 since is considered and non immigrant visa and 125 %. For adjustment of status 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cesartx75989 said:

Yeah I saw that too but I mean it doesn’t specify as far as I know is 100% for k1 since is considered and non immigrant visa and 125 %. For adjustment of status 

That's what I'm saying. It isn't definitive. I've read many answers on VJ by ones that are supposed to know, but even they don't give an exact answer. Like I said, I wanna know too. I'm guessing just try to make the 125% to be safe. For me, that means a $14/hour job, 40 hours/week ($26,662 for 3 people) where the minimum wage here is $7.25. 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

event.png

K1, fiancé visa applicants only need to show that their sponsor can support them at 100% of the Poverty Guidelines. However, some consular officers are very strict when processing fiancé visas, and consider the 125% level that will be required a few months later when the immigrating fiancé applies for a green card. I'd recommend shooting for 125% level for both the interview and AOS just to be safe. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

K1, fiancé visa applicants only need to show that their sponsor can support them at 100% of the Poverty Guidelines. However, some consular officers are very strict when processing fiancé visas, and consider the 125% level that will be required a few months later when the immigrating fiancé applies for a green card. I'd recommend shooting for 125% level for both the interview and AOS just to be safe. 

I’m asking because I didn’t work the full 2018 and I made 17000’s ,so in theory I’m good for a k1 visa .... but do I need to get a joint sponsor to be safe?

10 minutes ago, Cesartx75989 said:

I’m asking because I didn’t work the full 2018 and I made 17000’s ,so in theory I’m good for a k1 visa .... but do I need to get a joint sponsor to be safe?

You do pass the 100% so in theory you should be good to go. BUT, some embassy's require 125% as this is what you will need to show at the AOS after marriage filing. I am not familiar with Peru but you could email the embassy and ask what "yardstick" of measurement they use. Once you have that answer then you'll know. I would have sponsor in my back just in case the information changes from when you contact to the interview. JMHO

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

@Sarge2155 or @Greenbaum I’m hoping you have some guidance for me. I received my NOA 1 text back on July 3. I have been in Australia visiting my fiancé all summer and won’t be back for another month.  I’m having my trusted neighbor get my mail and she says I haven’t received it. The website says to contact them if I have not received hardcopy by July 28. I do not want to turn my phone on to call as It will be expensive ! Should I have my mother call and pretend to be me to see what’s going on? Or should I not worry about it (since I already received the text and have a receipt number) until I am back in the states and can physically call myself? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You do pass the 100% so in theory you should be good to go. BUT, some embassy's require 125% as this is what you will need to show at the AOS after marriage filing. I am not familiar with Peru but you could email the embassy and ask what "yardstick" of measurement they use. Once you have that answer then you'll know. I would have sponsor in my back just in case the information changes from when you contact to the interview. JMHO

Thank you ! Yes I’ll email the embassy and I’ll start looking for a joint sponsor just in case :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.