Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,560 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, SarahxRuby said:

SO I am a bit worried at the moment. I was re-reading the NOA2 first month form and in section 8  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view it gave another website to track the case... I have no idea how I have missed this until now. I plugged in our case number and this has come up. It says "Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask."

I click and get this. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html . It says specifically to go there once we receive a letter and we haven't yet. I got my case number on Jan 3rd. Our case is going to Madrid, Spain. Have I been sitting on my butt wasting my time since the 3rd!? Should I go through these 6 steps now? 

Ok I think I answered my own questions: 

"After creating your case, we will send you instructions for processing, as well as a Welcome Letter that includes your Case Number and Invoice ID" 

So I can't do anything without the Invoice ID number... back to square one of waiting right?

1 hour ago, SarahxRuby said:

SO I am a bit worried at the moment. I was re-reading the NOA2 first month form and in section 8  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view it gave another website to track the case... I have no idea how I have missed this until now. I plugged in our case number and this has come up. It says "Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask."

I click and get this. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html . It says specifically to go there once we receive a letter and we haven't yet. I got my case number on Jan 3rd. Our case is going to Madrid, Spain. Have I been sitting on my butt wasting my time since the 3rd!? Should I go through these 6 steps now? 

Those six steps are for CR-1 married couples where NVC handles the scheduling of their interview. As a K-1 you schedule your own. Here is what you need to keep the process moving.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UsM5rUke5AZ3kH8HQf7SNRSxhtHiqzAS/view?usp=sharing

https://es.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/how-to-apply/

Spain requires the embassy send the packet 3 which allows the beneficiary to schedule and attend the medical and needs to be brought to the medical appointment, and in order to book the interview Spain requires packet 4. I have not verified this but this information came from someone who processed recently.

A wet signature is not required for the I-134 that will be presented at the interview.

Procedure for Obtaining: For information about how to request the” Certificado de Antecedentes Penales” you can visit the following web page mjusticia.gob.es.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Spain.html (scroll down to section on police records).

You also must have missed the post's that I make through out this thread that once you have your NOA2 you should move over to the thread for NOA2 to Embassy for the month that you were approved. Download the PDF file from the first posting on the first page where you will find all the tips, tricks and hacks to follow your visa to your embassy.

Also, once it sent to the embassy it's time to head over to your sub-forum for your country and begin to interact with the folks from your embassy. People here from Germany, Netherlands and the Philippines can't answer what you need to do once you are at the interview preparation stage because their procedures are different then yours.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, SarahxRuby said:

Ok I think I answered my own questions: 

"After creating your case, we will send you instructions for processing, as well as a Welcome Letter that includes your Case Number and Invoice ID" 

So I can't do anything without the Invoice ID number... back to square one of waiting right?

No not sitting on your butt as much as chasing your tail. Follow what I have given you in my reply above and get out of this thread as ppl here can't help you anymore unless they are from Spain.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nina_d2020 said:

Hi po,

I have question po. After I apply for DS 160 can I pay for visa fee already even I did not receive the letter from embassy yet? I do have notice from embassy that our docs already in transit to the Philippines. Thank you

Best regards, 

Nina

I think you were directing your post to me but you didn't use the quote button below my post. 

Here is some information you can use to complete your visa in the PI. Use Hanks website for a step by step guide. He does answer your question. Second we need some help from you.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Has anyone heard of any RFE processing delays because of coronavirus? We are Switzerland/USA visa request. We were required to submit a waiver since we were previous filers (together) within last two years. They received our RFE response on 1-24 and there has been no movement. I keep seeing people’s RFE being processes in a couple weeks. We are a month end and it seems to be processing longer than what I would think. Thanks for any feedback. 
@greenbaum

Edited by Chad and Yoli

1 hour ago, Chad and Yoli said:

Has anyone heard of any RFE processing delays because of coronavirus? We are Switzerland/USA visa request. We were required to submit a waiver since we were previous filers (together) within last two years. They received our RFE response on 1-24 and there has been no movement. I keep seeing people’s RFE being processes in a couple weeks. We are a month end and it seems to be processing longer than what I would think. Thanks for any feedback. 
@greenbaum

No delays associated with the virus.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/1/2019 at 6:51 AM, Greenbaum said:

Welcome and we're glad you found us. There isn't much you can do now but wait. If the beneficiary has lived in any other country for more than 6 months from age 16 they will require a police certificate from that country. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html 

Sit back and as things are going, you may have your approval in about 3 to 4 months.

Edited by Cmptrsdeal
DISREGARD, realized 2019 lol sorry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

New to this topic!

We filed on August 26th and our interview was scheduled to take place on March 17th (it got cancelled). Still waiting for a new interview.

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After almost 2 years of being in the K-1 process, we finally have another interview scheduled for June 22, 2021. 

Hoping and praying that this one goes through!

Anyone else from this group still processing?

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, J&S12 said:

After almost 2 years of being in the K-1 process, we finally have another interview scheduled for June 22, 2021. 

We are cheering you both on!  Make sure to post after the interview! (yeah all my eggs are in one basket for you all)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

We are cheering you both on!  Make sure to post after the interview! (yeah all my eggs are in one basket for you all)

Thank you! 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Timeline
20 hours ago, J&S12 said:

We were in this group and had the interview this morning. Very easy and quick, approved! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JacJ said:

We were in this group and had the interview this morning. Very easy and quick, approved! 

Congratulations!

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

event.png

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

just an update for a few those still remaining here - our visa was issued in Feb 2020 and I couldn't leave due to notice length at work, a month later travel ban was introduced.

We were never part of the lawsuit. Had my interview and got my expired K1 reissued in London on the 1st July, 2021. Now just waiting for the courier update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.