P&G2019

Regarding How We Met Page? Supplement #54?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I'm thankfully almost done with assembling my I-129F petition packet but I do have a question as I've run into conflicting information... I want to ensure I understand it correct. Question 54 asks regarding if we've met within the last 2 years. I wrote the 7 sets of dates we've met the past year. I then wrote a one page declaration letter of "How we met" with a brief summary of the trips but then found online that I should write a question 54 supplement. I wrote it as follows. Does it look correct? Should I change the RE?

Question 54 Supplement

My address Address

Date

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

RE:         Declaration of How We Met

I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé

Petitioner:        My name

Relative:          My fiancé name

Thoughts? Should the both of us sign or just me since it's written from me (petitioner)?

Thank you in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:

Hello,

I'm thankfully almost done with assembling my I-129F petition packet but I do have a question as I've run into conflicting information... I want to ensure I understand it correct. Question 54 asks regarding if we've met within the last 2 years. I wrote the 7 sets of dates we've met the past year. I then wrote a one page declaration letter of "How we met" with a brief summary of the trips but then found online that I should write a question 54 supplement. I wrote it as follows. Does it look correct? Should I change the RE?

Question 54 Supplement

My address Address

Date

USCIS

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Thoughts? Should the both of us sign or just me since it's written from me (petitioner)?

Thank you in advance!

What is a "How we met" letter?

If your response to #54 takes more space than what is provided on the form, you should rethink your answer.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Perhaps I'm confused! Yikes! Thankfully I asked. It's the one part of the petition I'm not 100% clear. Do I need to write a one page letter of our relationship? On the form I had enough space to write when we met and the trips I've taken to visit my Fiancé, but I've seen everywhere people writing a one pager of the trips taken together?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:

Perhaps I'm confused! Yikes! Thankfully I asked. It's the one part of the petition I'm not 100% clear. Do I need to write a one page letter of our relationship? On the form I had enough space to write when we met and the trips I've taken to visit my Fiancé, but I've seen everywhere people writing a one pager of the trips taken together?

Mine was three sentences.   Circumstances of meeting.  Not a love story essay.  

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mine was longer than 3 sentences, but I did this because of the embassy we are going through. If it wasn't a high fraud country, I would have kept it very brief.

I had a supplemental page like yours. Don't overthink it. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:

Hello,

Question 54 Supplement

My address Address

Date

USCIS

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Thank you in advance!

You should include 2 cover letters, one from you, and one from the Fiance as a letter of intent as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I wrote two sentences in the space provided stating the month/year that we had met in person in the previous two years, accompanied by passport stamps and photos. That was it.  I didn't send any statement whatsoever about how we originally met and got to know each other, as some interpret that question to mean.  We didn't get any RFE about how we met.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Uganda
Timeline

From personal experience, we decided to go against the grain and combine our 'how we met' story together with the 'proof of actual meeting' into one document, highlighting the necessary and labelling the pictures/boarding passes/receipts to connect the two. I think it's fine any way you do it, because we got approved just fine with no RFEs. As long as its legible and you essentially produce your proof of actual meeting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i took this as first contact like facebook,   thru friends or dating site 

i covered the actual meeting in person in a one page cover letter using a chronological order by date

20 hours ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:

No, you don't.

The only letters that should be included would be a cover letter and a short, 2 line declaration of intent to marry from you & your SO.

The "proof of meeting" = "how we initially met and our entire relationship to this point" needs to die because it is incorrect and adds so much stress to a not-at-all stressful petition. That question is literally asking to describe, briefly, how you meet the "must have seen each other in person within the last 2 years" requirement of the K-1 visa. A single line "John Smith and Jane Jones travelled to Scotland, UK together from 1/10/19 - 10/10/19 - see attached for supporting documents" and then include copies of boarding passes, passport stamps, photos, hotel reciepts etc, to prove both parties were in the same place at the same time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It's simple. Just need to say something like, "We met in [location] on [date]. Copies of passport stamp of visit and airline boarding pass are included in petition."

14 hours ago, radharose said:

I wrote two sentences in the space provided stating the month/year that we had met in person in the previous two years, accompanied by passport stamps and photos. That was it.  I didn't send any statement whatsoever about how we originally met and got to know each other, as some interpret that question to mean.  We didn't get any RFE about how we met.

Yep, I did the same. No problems at all. 

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.