30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No, he is telling the truth. Approvals can happen at any time and some people after you may get approved before you. That is the way of life. 

Good grief. Saying "that is the way of life" is simply patronizing.

This isn't about the approvals. This is specifically about the interview scheduling. And there is raw data that shows there is some reason to it, averages, etc. There *is* an answer, we just may not be privy to it. Those responses were simply argumentative. 

19 minutes ago, KrisUSBound said:

Sir, your original response to him was completely irrelevant to what he said.

Now you're just being patronizing. You have no idea what any of us have been through, so we don't need "to be spoken down to about "real life". Give me a break. 

Completely agree with you. 

On 6/12/2019 at 4:33 AM, pushbrk said:

It's taking so long because there is a backlog.  This is common in Montreal.  You wait.  Whether you do so patiently or not, is your choice.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the info that this is common in Montreal? I'm asking, because I'd like to know how this is going to be for me (Amsterdam). 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, KrisUSBound said:

Sir, your original response to him was completely irrelevant to what he said.

Now you're just being patronizing. You have no idea what any of us have been through, so we don't need "to be spoken down to about "real life". Give me a break. 

The OP is not getting an answer to the "why question" because no such answer is available.  That's common in life.  That I have no idea what any of you has been through, is simply not true.  Did you pull that idea out of thin air because of your need to lash out.  Sometimes the truth isn't comfortable.  Do we need a cry room forum on VJ now?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lehcim said:

Out of curiosity, where did you get the info that this is common in Montreal? I'm asking, because I'd like to know how this is going to be for me (Amsterdam). 

Check my participation level and member since date.  Also follow the google.... suggestion in my signature.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
36 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The OP is not getting an answer to the "why question" because no such answer is available.  That's common in life.  That I have no idea what any of you has been through, is simply not true.  Did you pull that idea out of thin air because of your need to lash out.  Sometimes the truth isn't comfortable.  Do we need a cry room forum on VJ now?

No one is lashing out. Your comment was passive aggressive and patronizing. Indeed. Hardship is common in life, some more than others. Even now, you say "sometimes the truth is uncomfortable". Patronizing. Who do you think you're speaking to, a bunch of millennials? Honestly now. 

Unless you're risking homelessness or couch surfing, or have small children who are separated from their American parent or any of the myriad of more complicated issues that some people here are suffering through due to the longer wait, then no sir, it isn't unfathomable that perhaps you're not privy to the extra difficulty some people are experiencing. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KrisUSBound said:

Unless you're risking homelessness or couch surfing, or have small children who are separated from their American parent or any of the myriad of more complicated issues that some people here are suffering through due to the longer wait, then no sir, it isn't unfathomable that perhaps you're not privy to the extra difficulty some people are experiencing. 

Your opinion has been expressed.  Not perhaps, but absolutely certainly, you have no earthly idea what difficulties...I... have experienced, OR what I understand about what's going on here.  A person's difficulties have nothing at all to do with whether an answer to a why question will be available.  The sooner they stop worrying about "why?" the less "difficult" their lives will become.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I'm unsure what data is available to suggest a "reason" for any particular case to take more or less time than average. Is it possible there's some sort of extra processing or wait/queue for certain individuals based on circumstances that the OP's case meets? Yes. Is it possible (and much more likely IMO) that there is not anything more than what one would consider chance? Also yes.

The best thing is to try not to focus on anybody else's case. You will drive yourself crazy. This will continue all the way through naturalization.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

10 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Check my participation level and member since date.  Also follow the google.... suggestion in my signature.

Thanks. I never questioned your information, I was simply interested in knowing where it comes from and if it's publicly available data. I'm trying to piece together a rough timeline for my own case and if I would know that the Amsterdam consulate has a massive backlog, that would be helpful.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

Thanks. I never questioned your information, I was simply interested in knowing where it comes from and if it's publicly available data. I'm trying to piece together a rough timeline for my own case and if I would know that the Amsterdam consulate has a massive backlog, that would be helpful.

Then I suggest you ask in the applicable regional forum.  Start your own topic there, instead of trying to piggyback on an existing one.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Then I suggest you ask in the applicable regional forum.  Start your own topic there, instead of trying to piggyback on an existing one.

You're such a kind and helpful person... 😂 I guess that "participation level" and "member since date" can really go to your head. 

Bye!

Edited by Lehcim

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

You're such a kind and helpful person... 😂 I guess that "participation level" and "member since date" can really go to your head. 

Bye!

It means I know this from observation and experience.  If I knew something about a timeline in Amsterdam, it would be the same way.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Your opinion has been expressed.  Not perhaps, but absolutely certainly, you have no earthly idea what difficulties...I... have experienced, OR what I understand about what's going on here.  A person's difficulties have nothing at all to do with whether an answer to a why question will be available.  The sooner they stop worrying about "why?" the less "difficult" their lives will become.

All I see in your comments, sir, is arrogance masked as assistance. You literally just accused me of doing exactly what you did to MK2303. Again, your response to them was completely irrelevant to their query. ANd guess what? Their interview is done, they have their visa in hand, and we actually do know more about the situation now. So thank you very much for your patronizing comments along the way. Your member score unfortunately doesn't reflect basic kindness. 

Edited by KrisUSBound

There's few, if any, members more knowledgeable on this site or other public immigration forums as @pushbrk. Just be prepared for blunt responses + putting in the necessary work on your own (instead of being told "do x", it's "read x" then ask a specific question if you don't understand it).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 hours ago, geowrian said:

There's few, if any, members more knowledgeable on this site or other public immigration forums as @pushbrk. Just be prepared for blunt responses + putting in the necessary work on your own (instead of being told "do x", it's "read x" then ask a specific question if you don't understand it).

He doesn't have to respond if he doesn't want to... Just because you're helpful once (or a thousand times) doesn't mean people are going to be okay with arrogant responses like that. If you don't want to give an answer, that I rather have you be quiet than tell someone off and act like they're better than anyone else. But I guess that's just my opinion. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.