2,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, flyup123 said:

I also have a question in this regards in case anyone had similar experience. I overstayed my status for over 10 years and worked all the time because the employers didn't care about my status. So my concern is, what to say at the interview if i am being asked? It's not like i was claiming i was a US citizen when applying for jobs, i was just providing the SSN and they were fine with it. Thanks.

You just tell them  the truth, that you worked without EAD, if they ask you.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi, I overstayed too but like 5 years. I didn’t use any SSN. My lawyer before told me that immigration can forgive us working under the table as long as we don’t falsify documents. My question is that, did you mean you’ve got TIN? or really SSN? As far as I know, isn’t SSN only for people who are here legally who can obtain that and TIN is for non-legal individuals? How did you obtain SSN if you weren’t legal yet at that time? I’m just curious, let me know how it goes. 

Any person can get TIN, but USCIS will not  ask about SSN or TIN.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
6 hours ago, MAK91 said:

Hello Everyone on Vawa part 14. I did my i485 interview in August 2016 based on approved i360. The IO ask me to submit the medical I did next day of the interview and he told me in couple of weeks they gonna give the decision. But after that there was no response for almost 2 years and 2 months. Then through the Congressmen office we got update, RFE asking to submit the medical again for the final decision and I did submit, after that for almost 8 months there was no decision. My lawyer try to get the update for about 3 months there was no response for request. After that we recieved a letter saying we didn't submit the medical and to avoid further delay submit the medical asap to get the decision. Mean while in that 3 months time I personally approach the  Congressmen office to get updates and in a month time recieved the response saying they put me in a line to schedule for the 2nd interview. Now here is the question? Right now I have 2 responses from USCIS 

1. Says submit the medical to avoid further delay for decision ( this response I received through my lawyer and responded by supervisor).

2. Says they put my case in a line to schedule for 2nd interview. (This response I received through congressmen office and responded by IO and also clearly state's that this info is pass to the appropriate supervisor, that means the response was from io). I need suggestions to understand what's going on with my case. Which response should I take, and what would probably can happen.  I really appreciate the help. Anybody.

Book an info pass appoint and go to your local USCIS office. They will look into your file right infront of yoh and tell yoy exactly whats going on.

Timeline
6 hours ago, MAK91 said:

Hello Everyone on Vawa part 14. I did my i485 interview in August 2016 based on approved i360. The IO ask me to submit the medical I did next day of the interview and he told me in couple of weeks they gonna give the decision. But after that there was no response for almost 2 years and 2 months. Then through the Congressmen office we got update, RFE asking to submit the medical again for the final decision and I did submit, after that for almost 8 months there was no decision. My lawyer try to get the update for about 3 months there was no response for request. After that we recieved a letter saying we didn't submit the medical and to avoid further delay submit the medical asap to get the decision. Mean while in that 3 months time I personally approach the  Congressmen office to get updates and in a month time recieved the response saying they put me in a line to schedule for the 2nd interview. Now here is the question? Right now I have 2 responses from USCIS 

1. Says submit the medical to avoid further delay for decision ( this response I received through my lawyer and responded by supervisor).

2. Says they put my case in a line to schedule for 2nd interview. (This response I received through congressmen office and responded by IO and also clearly state's that this info is pass to the appropriate supervisor, that means the response was from io). I need suggestions to understand what's going on with my case. Which response should I take, and what would probably can happen.  I really appreciate the help. Anybody.

I don't believe they will schedule a second interview for you at all.Submit the medical exam again.

Timeline
4 hours ago, HopeN said:

Hi everyone!

I’m new here and today I’m beyond anxious because I will submit my vawa application. Like many of you I had a terrible marriage. I got married with the man of my dreams and right after our daughter born he completely changed. I found out that he would lie in all aspects of his life and he had several girlfriends. When I confronted him about his lies ( he would lie about everything) he became very cruel and threatened to jeopardize my immigration status and get custody of our baby daughter. I’m struggling for more than a year because he is very wealthy and powerful. He would chase me for the rest of my life if he knew about vawa and the problem is that I think he knows so I’m very nervous right now. I wish I could go back to my country with my baby but he doesn’t give me authorization to go back to my country with her. There was physical abuse ( he punched my face) but I don’t have police report because I was so scared that I couldn’t call the cops +

he seems to be so nice with everyone (he is the best actor ever) that I was afraid the cops would not believe on me and would put me in jail. I have medical report and pictures. I had black eye. He thinks that because he pays for everything and we have a good lifestyle he is protected and nobody would believe on me. Actually this is one of my biggest concerns. I beg him everyday for divorce and to let me go back to my country with my daughter but he totally ignores me. Most of the time I’m alone with my daughter and the nanny and he only shows up eventually. I live in constant fear because I never know when he will shop up. My daughter is not even 2 and she is so afraid of him. I do have a good job in a great law firm but I’m about to lose because my EAD is about to expire and I didn’t receive the new one yet. Since a year ago I’m collecting proves of his abuse ( I went to therapy once a week and I have 2 psychological evaluations), I have Affidavits from friends. I don’t have any messages of him threatening me. He is to smart to do that. All the. Times that he threatened me I was not expecting and I could not record. He has a girlfriend and I have videos of him in international trips with prostitutes in boats and parties but I know cheating is not considered abuse. I do have a good attorney that is helping me and she thinks I have a strong case but I’m so afraid of him. Our interview (green card for marriage) was schedule for this month and I think he will show up there and try to persuade the officer showing how he used to “spoil” me and that he pays a high end life for me and my daughter. He is so good actor and everyone believes in him. My biggest fear is o lose my daughter and this is the way he manipulates me. I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear but I’m really nervous. Please pray for me and my daughter. 

You will be fine. I  hope you left him already.The custody case has nothing to do with your immigration status, don't worry about it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

4 minutes ago, sdot0479 said:

Am happy for you congratulations to you,please can you share us your timeline 

I'm August 2017 filer. It took longer due to an RFE that was delievered to me 4 after the original one was sent to me in January 2019. 

God is great!!

Edited by nap_o

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey everyone!

I got my EAD ALREADY. 

Applied 12/31/2018 

I didnt apply for i131 .... 

I'm about to apply for advance parole i131 and wanted to know if its required to explain how you qualify for it? Can I just skip that part ??

Thanks everyone!

If you already applied for Vawa and I485 and I765 just fill up the form for I131 follow instructions, it is a straight forward application.

It takes average 4-6 months to get approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.