Kristi&Luigi

RFE response will arrive one day late...

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

At this point, it doesn't matter.  OP sent it and whether it is late or not, whether it will be accepted or not, will be determined shortly.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

But aren’t you counting an extra Monday that would fall under another week (13) when you go from Monday to Monday? I’m really not helping out my own case here 😅😭

You’re overthinking it :) Look at a calendar the first Monday I count is the 18.  12 brings me to June 3.  (84 days) plus 3 gets you June 6.

Deep breaths!  It’s all fine :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here is a wonderful little online calculator that I found a while back for calculating dates.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

UPDATE: package was delivered about 10 mins ago and signed for by USCIS. I will keep everyone posted on the result for future readers. 

Ps. Thanks everyone for your input. Yes in the end it doesn’t matter as only USCIS knows what they really meant. No matter how much we overthink it we will never know what’s in their mind. I guess I’m just trying to keep my mind busy while I anxiously await their response. :) 

Timeline

UPDATE

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On June 6, 2019, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline

Does anyone know if I should be receiving something in the mail now that they received my rfe? When’s the next time I hear from them? Will I get notified on what decision they make on the RFE

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/9/2019 at 3:21 AM, Kristi&Luigi said:

Does anyone know if I should be receiving something in the mail now that they received my rfe? When’s the next time I hear from them? Will I get notified on what decision they make on the RFE

No you will not receive a notice in the mail about the fact that they received the RFE, the online notification is the only thing you will get.

I am not sure at what stage you are but if they are satisfied with your response, next time you hear from them will be once they approve your EAD, or schedule you for an interview.

If they are not satisfied with what you provided they will send you another RFE

And no they do not notify you on a decision they make on RFE.

Good luck

Edited by Nouchigang

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 7:01 AM, Nouchigang said:

No you will not receive a notice in the mail about the fact that they received the RFE, the online notification is the only thing you will get.

I am not sure at what stage you are but if they are satisfied with your response, next time you hear from them will be once they approve your EAD, or schedule you for an interview.

If they are not satisfied with what you provided they will send you another RFE

And no they do not notify you on a decision they make on RFE.

Good luck

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of June 18, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline

I really wasn’t expecting it this soon? I am from Vegas and on the processing times it says over 365 days. Does this mean they sent the interview letter out? I was honestly expecting an interview in April. Are they just scheduling ahead but it will be on Feb/April anyway? Or what just happened? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

I really wasn’t expecting it this soon? I am from Vegas and on the processing times it says over 365 days. Does this mean they sent the interview letter out? I was honestly expecting an interview in April. Are they just scheduling ahead but it will be on Feb/April anyway? Or what just happened? 

It just means the case is ready.  So now you have to wait until USCIS is ready, then they will schedule your interview.  Good luck!

Timeline
Just now, TandSarahJane said:

It just means the case is ready.  So now you have to wait until USCIS is ready, then they will schedule your interview.  Good luck!

How long after this notice does the interview get scheduled after usually?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

How long after this notice does the interview get scheduled after usually?

That depends on Las Vegas.  Could be a few weeks, could be 18 months. It's just like waiting for the K1 NOA2.... if you expect it to take forever then you won't be disappointed when it happens sooner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.