Karry

No income but assets?

39 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Karry said:

And we are not going to seperate for months.

You will have to live separately for him to establish US domicile and to start earning sufficient US based income to sponsor you.  That's the way it works, we are all living separately from our spouses (my husband and I have lived apart for a year while going through this process).  The only other option is to find a co-sponsor in the US.  This process is not easy and it sometimes requires temporary separation.  Or don't do it at all.  I don't think the assets you mentioned will be enough for a family of three.  At the visa interview you will need to show US-based income, either through your husband working there or a US co-sponsor.  Good luck with your journey.

12 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

You will have to live separately for him to establish US domicile and to start earning sufficient US based income to sponsor you.  That's the way it works, we are all living separately from our spouses (my husband and I have lived apart for a year while going through this process).  The only other option is to find a co-sponsor in the US.  This process is not easy and it sometimes requires temporary separation.  Or don't do it at all.  I don't think the assets you mentioned will be enough for a family of three.  At the visa interview you will need to show US-based income, either through your husband working there or a US co-sponsor.  Good luck with your journey.

But what i don‘t understand is, that they already know that we both live in germany. That doesn‘t make any sense? We started the paperwork 7 months ago and submitted a bunch of stuff so far.. it was never mentioned that it‘s not working for us. And living seperate for a year is just insane and unacceptable! We are a family, families don‘t just seperate for such a long time. Another thing, if i would win a green card, it only requires me to have 10.000$ how is that possible then? 

1 minute ago, Karry said:

But what i don‘t understand is, that they already know that we both live in germany. That doesn‘t make any sense? We started the paperwork 7 months ago and submitted a bunch of stuff so far.. it was never mentioned that it‘s not working for us. And living seperate for a year is just insane and unacceptable! We are a family, families don‘t just seperate for such a long time. Another thing, if i would win a green card, it only requires me to have 10.000$ how is that possible then? 

You submitted the i864 with the i130?  If so you haven't submitted it because the consulate in Frankfurt will review it not the uscis 

YMMV

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You submitted the i864 with the i130?  If so you haven't submitted it because the consulate in Frankfurt will review it not the uscis 

Yes, we submitted the I-130 last year in november , it was approved. Then we filed for the visa, submitted everything they wanted all the way up to the I-864 after that they wanted proof of domicile which he has and the tax returns. And right now we are waiting on them to tell us what else they need. We submitted everything to Frankfurt so far.

Edited by Karry

40 minutes ago, Karry said:

Yes, we submitted the I-130 last year in november , it was approved. Then we filed for the visa, submitted everything they wanted all the way up to the I-864 after that they wanted proof of domicile which he has and the tax returns. And right now we are waiting on them to tell us what else they need. We submitted everything to Frankfurt so far.

That is fine.  Just be prepared for them to require a joint sponsor since there is no US source of income.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

That is fine.  Just be prepared for them to require a joint sponsor since there is no US source of income.

But we won‘t have a sponsor. A sponsor is responsible for everything and not everybody is willing to do that. Is it not possible that my husband gets a job from here that he can start as soon as we get there?

Edited by Karry

Just now, Karry said:

But we won‘t have a sponsor. A sponsor is responsible for everything and not everybody is willing to do that.

In that case, sadly I see no way your visa will be approved due to the public charge concern.  

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

In that case, sadly I see no way your visa will be approved due to the public charge concern.  

But why are 10.000$ enough if a person wins a green card? And in my case 40.000$ isn‘t enough? That makes no sense?! People get nervous when it comes to being a sponsor.

1 minute ago, Karry said:

But why are 10.000$ enough if a person wins a green card? And in my case 40.000$ isn‘t enough? That makes no sense?! People get nervous when it comes to being a sponsor.

It makes sense, just not to you.  You did not win a green card so why are you even comparing.  In your case, a spousal visa which requires sufficient US based income and/or assets was applied for, which is much easier to get than a diversity visa.   

Removal of Conditions

12/29/2018  Sent ROC package to Dallas PO Box by USPS Priority Mail. 

12/30/2018  ROC package arrived & ready for pickup at Dallas PO Box at 7pm.

12/31/2018  USCIS received date

01/03/2019  Credit card transaction alert received at 7:10am authorizing charge of $680 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

01/03/2019  Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with MSC.

01/07/2019  Added receipt number to myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it shows case received and nothing to do at this time.

01/11/2019  Received US Postal Service Informed Delivery email at 8:20am showing incoming letter from USCIS.

01/11/2019  Received biometric appointment in the mail.  Biometric appointment is for 01/22/2019

01/14/2019  Completed walk-in biometric at Tampa Field Office.

01/29/2019  Filed an online e-request due to no I-797 receipt mailed to date.  Received automated email to expect a reply by Feb. 20.

01/30/2019  E-request response received.  They will send a duplicate receipt and we should receive it within 30 days.

02/04/2019  Informed delivery show an incoming letter form USCIS.  Won't know if it is a copy or original extension letter as we are out of country for about another 2 weeks and mail is on hold until then.

02/19/2019  USPS delivered our "hold mail" today.  Received an original 18 month extension letter.   Notice date is 01/30/2019.

04/13/2019  Checked case status online.  Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview as of 04/04/2019

Just now, gregcrs2 said:

It makes sense, just not to you.  You did not win a green card so why are you even comparing.  In your case, a spousal visa which requires sufficient US based income and/or assets was applied for, which is much easier to get than a diversity visa.   

No it does not make sense... why is 10.000$ and no income enough in one case and in the other case 40.000$ is not enough? Makes no sense

2 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Then by your logic, it should make more sense for you to apply for a diversity visa.  Try that route and see how that works for you.   No amount of venting here by you or anyone else is going to change the immigration laws.  You claim it is unacceptable to live apart for any length of time.  Sorry, but all of us that did the spousal visa route had to do that.  We did not like being separated from our family but that's the way it is.  Either do what's necessary based on immigration law or accept the fact that you'll be staying in Germany.  Or go find a sponsor.  

Well it doesn‘t matter what i LIKE.. we are a functioning family here and i wouldn‘t be able to survive anymore if he has to leave. Due to worktimes i won‘t be able to take care of my child at the same time as working full time to make enough money to finance everything on my own. I can‘t finance everything by working only part time, and since i am married i won‘t be able to get any help from the government. I don‘t believe that the only way to make this work is, that we live seperate for a year. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Edited by Karry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.