Jump to content
Karry

No income but assets?

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My Husband is American living and working in Germany since 2012. He filed for me and my son (he is not the father) for a immigrant Visa to move to the US. We already did the I-130 and also all the paperwork up to the affidavit of support.. now, it says if you earn more than a certain amount of money per year, leave number (...) blanc.. so we did.. the income he listed is from his Business here in Germany (he ownes it) he has no income inside the US. My question now is, are 40.000$ enough in assets if he has no income in the us because he lives in Germany? We don‘t have a Co-Sponsor in the us that could submit paperwork too.. will they deny the visas because he doesn‘t have a income in the us? How does it work? It only says what you can do it you don‘t have enough income.. but not what you can do if you don‘t have an income at all because he simply doesn‘t live there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Karry said:

My Husband is American living and working in Germany since 2012. He filed for me and my son (he is not the father) for a immigrant Visa to move to the US. We already did the I-130 and also all the paperwork up to the affidavit of support.. now, it says if you earn more than a certain amount of money per year, leave number (...) blanc.. so we did.. the income he listed is from his Business here in Germany (he ownes it) he has no income inside the US. My question now is, are 40.000$ enough in assets if he has no income in the us because he lives in Germany? We don‘t have a Co-Sponsor in the us that could submit paperwork too.. will they deny the visas because he doesn‘t have a income in the us? How does it work? It only says what you can do it you don‘t have enough income.. but not what you can do if you don‘t have an income at all because he simply doesn‘t live there.

Not for a family of three


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Not for a family of three

Well.. he doesn‘t wanna go there and just live off that money.. we have to get there first to find jobs.. what do you think how much cash we would need?

Edited by Karry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karry said:

Well.. he doesn‘t wanna go there and just living off that money.. we habe to get there first to find jobs.. what doyou think how much cash we would need?

He will need to establish domicile with US-based income.  Here is the federal poverty guideline by household member #:  https://aspe.hhs.gov/2019-poverty-guidelines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

He will need to establish domicile with US-based income.  Here is the federal poverty guideline by household member #:  https://aspe.hhs.gov/2019-poverty-guidelines

I know the guidelines.. and he has a domicile.. but he can‘t establish income from here.. so that‘s why my question is how much cash we need to get the visa

Edited by Karry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Karry said:

I know the guidelines.. and he has a domicile.. but he can‘t establish income from here.. so that‘s why my question is how much cash we need to get the visa

I suggest looking to the I-864 instructions.   Page 10.  Item 10


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cash assets has zero to no value..if there is no US income...co sponsor is the other option...your spouse has to work in US or US based company where he’s getting enough to overcome 125%...so I hope that answers your question...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I suggest looking to the I-864 instructions.   Page 10.  Item 10

We have already submitted the I-864. with his income he had for the past 3 years.. in Germany. What i‘m saying is, that there has to be a way to get a visa approved with only assets.. i just need to know how much money we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

Cash assets has zero to no value..if there is no US income...co sponsor is the other option...your spouse has to work in US or US based company where he’s getting enough to overcome 125%...so I hope that answers your question...

But we all live in Germany. He can‘t get an income as long as we live here. And we are not going to seperate for months. That is just not possible for us. And we don‘t have anybody that is willing to co-sponsor because of the responsibilities the co sponsor has. I mean he is an american.. there are so many germans going to the us to live there without being married to an american, how do they do it then?

Edited by Karry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Karry said:

We have already submitted the I-864. with his income he had for the past 3 years.. in Germany. What i‘m saying is, that there has to be a way to get a visa approved with only assets.. i just need to know how much money we need.

The I864 has both an income and an asset section.


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

The I864 has both an income and an asset section.

I know but it says if your income is more than required than leave the asset line blanc.. which we did because he has had an high income in Germany

15 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I suggest looking to the I-864 instructions.   Page 10.  Item 10

We have already submitted the I864

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karry said:

I know but it says if your income is more than required than leave the asset line blanc.. which we did because he has had an high income in Germany

From what I understand, he cannot use foreign-earned income to sponsor immigrants.  Many people in your situation have the USC return home to establish domicile and get a job so that they have US-based earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Karry said:

I know but it says if your income is more than required than leave the asset line blanc.. which we did because he has had an high income in Germany

And if that income is not going to continue then you will need to redo the affidavit 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another consideration~ his US taxes must also be up to date.  Foreign-earned income is federally taxable, and he will have had to filed tax returns for each year he lived in Germany, even if he does not owe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

From what I understand, he cannot use foreign-earned income to sponsor immigrants.  Many people in your situation have the USC return home to establish domicile and get a job so that they have US-based earnings.

But that isn‘t possible. In order for me to work here i need his support with my Child. I have no family around. With us seperating, i won‘t be able to work, pay for the house and so on. It can‘t be the only option. 

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Another consideration~ his US taxes must also be up to date.  Foreign-earned income is federally taxable, and he will have had to filed tax returns for each year he lived in Germany, even if he does not owe.

He did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...