EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

I got my Notice of Action (I-797C) in the mail today for i485, i131 and i765. I didn't received any emails or e-notification. The i485 says the USCIS will schedule for my biometrics. So I have to wait. What should I do next while waiting for the biometric schedule? 

Can I use one of this notice to apply for Real ID and Learners permit in california? 

Thanks in advance!

You have nothing to do but just wait. 

You definitely should try to use your NOA1 as proof of your legal presence for getting ID in dmv office. Better just check it on the website of California dmv, they have a full list what you can use for getting your ID. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
7 hours ago, kittyanne said:

I got my Notice of Action (I-797C) in the mail today for i485, i131 and i765. I didn't received any emails or e-notification. The i485 says the USCIS will schedule for my biometrics. So I have to wait. What should I do next while waiting for the biometric schedule? 

Can I use one of this notice to apply for Real ID and Learners permit in california? 

Thanks in advance!

No you can't! Unless your I-94 has more than 60 days left(before it expires)  You can apply for a Learners permit based on law AB 60. I tried to get both and was just a waste of money. The system will reject the application unless is done through law AB60

Timeline
Just now, Eric&Mirella said:

No you can't! Unless your I-94 has more than 60 days left(before it expires)  You can apply for a Learners permit based on law AB 60. I tried to get both and was just a waste of money. The system will reject the application unless is done through law AB60

Which is not recommended because that's for people who can't prove lawful presence 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Which is not recommended because that's for people who can't prove lawful presence 

@kittyanne  ETA: you could try to do it (learner's permit) through law AB 60  however, I'm not sure what you will have to do once you get either the EAD or the GC.  You need to have a SSN though. You can't obtain the real ID if your I-94 has less than 60 days before it expires. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella
Edit to add

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

@kittyanne  ETA: you could try to do it (learner's permit) through law AB 60  however, I'm not sure what you will have to do once you get either the EAD or the GC.  You need to have a SSN though. You can't obtain the real ID if your I-94 has less than 60 days before it expires. 

I applied for my real ID about 3 weeks before my I-94 expired. The lady in dmv said my chances are low, however in 1.5 - 2 weeks I received my real id. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, sashsash said:

I applied for my real ID about 3 weeks before my I-94 expired. The lady in dmv said my chances are low, however in 1.5 - 2 weeks I received my real id. 

I applied 45 days before mine expired and the lady told me that the system didn't allow her to process my application, needles to say that I paid for it and wasn't refunded, I was given a receipt in form of credit that expires in 6 months apparently 😒.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric&Mirella said:

I applied 45 days before mine expired and the lady told me that the system didn't allow her to process my application, needles to say that I paid for it and wasn't refunded, I was given a receipt in form of credit that expires in 6 months apparently 😒.  

I would call the state office and ask for a proper refund. If they won't help you, ask to speak with someone who will. I had an issue, once,  with DMV and this worked for me.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you at least can get your money back!

When I was applying for mine the lady at dmv office said that they’re not the one who process applications and it’s going somewhere else, so I would hear from them after 3-4 weeks. 

I’m planning to go there again soon and ask whether it’s possible to get driving permit with NOA1. 

Edited by sashsash

Timeline
5 hours ago, sashsash said:

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you at least can get your money back!

When I was applying for mine the lady at dmv office said that they’re not the one who process applications and it’s going somewhere else, so I would hear from them after 3-4 weeks. 

I’m planning to go there again soon and ask whether it’s possible to get driving permit with NOA1. 

Check this thread. I really don't know if I encountered with someone unhelpful but she told me I needed the EAD to get the license. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

I would call the state office and ask for a proper refund. If they won't help you, ask to speak with someone who will. I had an issue, once,  with DMV and this worked for me.

Thank you the DMV has been weird lately. They sent us a  bill for registration fees and penalties, that we don't know what is this for since the car was registered early this year. I'm going to find the number and call them tomorrow. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Thank you the DMV has been weird lately. They sent us a  bill for registration fees and penalties, that we don't know what is this for since the car was registered early this year. I'm going to find the number and call them tomorrow. 

Good luck! Please, let us know how it goes.

I am downright LOVING these endless Case Tracker "Case update" texts today. Forgot how much fun it was when the app went on maintenance, really love a good emotional roller coaster. 😵😋🙄

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

I am downright LOVING these endless Case Tracker "Case update" texts today. Forgot how much fun it was when the app went on maintenance, really love a good emotional roller coaster. 😵😋🙄

I had to delete the app it was making me too anxious. 😅

Hey all. Only just found this thread. I'm adjusting from ESTA to stay in the US with my husband. We filed in mid June and I did my biometrics on July 11th. I am going for a medical next week and had my blood work for that all done on Saturday as I have no vaccination record. Feeling very encouraged right now by the EAD and AP processing times! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mike&Lulu Burton said:

It was a combination of a letter from my manager saying they have a position waiting for me in the U.S. and a doctor's document stating a medical infection that I have and that I haven't been able to travel to my country or to work to obtain medical insurance, so I think they hurried up because this infection has to be treated soon.

Congratulations ...happy to hear that they expedited the process in six days ...could you please help to provide me the details of wat u sent wit  job offer letter ? Did you signed it ? Or it was jus an offer letter...I m asking this bcz I hav a question that wat if i hav a job offer letter from a company bt later wat if i decided not to join tht company which provided me offer lettrr n go wit some other company?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.