EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well my husband messaged me while I was at work to tell me the letter saying we were approved and the green card will arrive soon came.  I guess for future reference don’t worry too much about the case status not updating from “Interview scheduled”.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 10:33 AM, H&G said:

The interview letter that gives you the date of your interview contains a list of what you should bring to the interview. It's my understanding that as long as you submitted the AOS within a year of when the medical was completed, then you don't need to have it redone. That's what I'm hoping anyway since my husbands interview is tomorrow and we didn't redo his medical which is now over a year old. The medicals are pretty expensive, so we're just gonna take a chance on this that they won't ask for a new one.

hi how did the interview go? did they ask for the medical? 

4 hours ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi how did the interview go? did they ask for the medical? 

It went well, the officer said we were approved and should expect the green card within a few weeks! He did ask if we brought the original vaccination documentation sheet (ds-3025) from the medical, but he only looked at it and then gave it back.

Edited by H&G

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, H&G said:

It went well, the officer said we were approved and should expect the green card within a few weeks! He did ask if we brought the original vaccination documentation sheet (ds-3025) from the medical, but he only looked at it and then gave it back.

Aren't you supposed to have a Medical Exam before your interview? Is your Ds-3025 from the medical in your country expired? 

2 hours ago, kittyanne said:

Aren't you supposed to have a Medical Exam before your interview? Is your Ds-3025 from the medical in your country expired? 

My husband had his medical in May 2019, and we filed the AOS in December 2019. So the form wasn't expired yet at that time and apparently that's what matters, as well as the form being marked complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, kittyanne said:

Your DS-3025 is still good, as long as the medical was done within a year of your filing for AOS, and as long as the required vaccines were done and it's marked as complete

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 7:35 PM, Hirotoyoto said:

hi everyone,

my wife will have her adjustment status interview next month here in atlanta, ga. could anyone please tell us what we need to bring to the interview? does she need to get another medical? 

She doesn't need to do another medical of she has already done one in past. I recently had my AOS interview and they didn't ask for it. 

All the best! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/23/2020 at 4:38 PM, H&G said:

My husband had his medical in May 2019, and we filed the AOS in December 2019. So the form wasn't expired yet at that time and apparently that's what matters, as well as the form being marked complete.

I got confused, because this is a JUNE 2019 AOS FILERS forum, not December.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:51 AM, Joyoussinger said:

Your DS-3025 is still good, as long as the medical was done within a year of your filing for AOS, and as long as the required vaccines were done and it's marked as complete

Yes

1 hour ago, kittyanne said:

I got confused, because this is a JUNE 2019 AOS FILERS forum, not December.

Regardless of when you file, the rule is the same. 

Timeline
On 10/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, Liflead said:

She doesn't need to do another medical of she has already done one in past. I recently had my AOS interview and they didn't ask for it. 

All the best! 

ok thank you. What did you bring to the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, Liflead said:

All the best! 

This is not necessarily true. There are conditions required for the medical to still be valid. It has to have been done within a year of filing for AOS, and it has to have been marked "complete".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 11/1/2020 at 5:45 AM, Hirotoyoto said:

ok thank you. What did you bring to the interview?

I just took whatever documents they mentioned in the letter. Some of the documents they needed were overlapping. I took all the originals of the notices that were sent to me right from the first K1 notice. Along with that I took copies of those notices.

Joint utility bills, car insurance, copy of car title, and some greeting cards that we received from friends and family. We also printed few photos of the time we spent with friends and family since the time I moved to US on letter size papers.

The office didn't ask much. She just asked us to narrate our story. We asked her if she wants updated proof of togetherness like the bills and employment letters, she said we can if we have. It was very casual. She didn't mention about the medical at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hi everyone,

my wife just finished her interview today (atlanta office). i am surprised the interviewer just asked her questions and not me. anyway, for those who had the interview as well did you guys found out if you guys were approved after the interview? because the interviewer told us wait until the end of the day or we will received something in the mail within a week.

thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.