Simran2019

F4 visa interview administrative process (221 g)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Simran2019 said:

Yeah sponser has complete 1 yr to pay tax...But we need now transcript 

They may have set up a payment plan to pay the taxes within one year but that would mean that their return was complete and they should be able to provide the transcripts.

2 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Tax transcripts are being required more and more. Returns are subject to manipulation, theoretically possible to print a tax return using software without them having been filed. 

The embassy requires exactly what's being asked for, even if it takes time for the transcripts to be available. 

As waiting for transcript When we will get ,, gap become long ,,does this thing effect the case ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Simran2019 said:

Extension time eda by 6 months or 1 yr

A tax extension allows final filing no later than October 15th!!!  Extensions and payment plans are totally different .

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 minutes ago, Simran2019 said:

As waiting for transcript When we will get ,, gap become long ,,does this thing effect the case ?

Best to ask the individual(s) to file returns asap to minimize the wait. Even if they have to borrow to pay any owed taxes. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

33 minutes ago, Simran2019 said:

They filed it before But now we have transcripts of main sponsers But IRS extension of joint sponsers.. extension paper we have with us During interview time But we got nervous and didnt tell the CO that joint sponser having extension 

That seems like a strange thing for you to get nervous about in the interview. Do you have any reason to believe that the sponsor’s income is not currently sufficient to sponsor your family?

13 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Tax transcripts are being required more and more. Returns are subject to manipulation, theoretically possible to print a tax return using software without them having been filed. 

The embassy requires exactly what's being asked for, even if it takes time for the transcripts to be available. 

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Simran2019 said:

Means by oct15 extension time expires 

yes

taxpayers who owe are subject to penalties if they fail to meet the deadline. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Just to clarify, you still have to pay what is owed by April 15th, the extension gives you more time to file (Oct 15), not more time to pay.  If you owe taxes you're still subject to interest and penalty for not paying by April 15

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Simran2019 said:

I had F4 visa interview along with My family Mumbai embassy ... During interview CO asked us to show IRS Transcript of main and joint sponsers ,,But we had only Tax returns and we showed up But CO refused to accept and printed 221g letter and Requesting us to submitted IRS transcript and W2 forum ...But problem is sponsers having IRS extension they had taken extension to pay tax ,, so how we will show to embassy above documents..Could anyone can reply?? I will be thankful for same 

you say they filed extension because they owe taxes

the immigrant may be asked about the extension and have to say the cosponsor owes taxes

may be best to try for a different cosponsor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Simran2019 said:

As CO requested us to submitt Transcript and w2 forum ,but we are unable to do so as early ,, does time gap will effect our case?

yes, they will not make a decision on your case until they receive what they asked for

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Simran2019 said:

But problem is sponsers having IRS extension they had taken extension to pay tax

Okay there is a lot of confusing terms.

They either requested an extension to file a return (1040) or setup a payment plan after filing return.

They can pay taxes in installments once the return is filed. And if the return is filed, it means transcript is available since all tax liability is calculated.

You can still get the transcript for latest year. You cannot pay or get a refund till you file a return, which seems to be done already. And you mentioned you took return, so transcript should be available.

Sponsor can get them online here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you are having trouble creating online account, you can request it to be sent via mail (sponsor will have to scan and send it) here:  https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do (takes < 10 days).

Also the USCIS does care for tax liability, they wanna verify your sponsors income, and the transcript is the most easiest way to do after comparing with W2. You could also bring the Social Security statement from ssa.gov (please verify the URLs yourself rather than depending on strangers online as it requests sensitive information like SSN) statement that shows income for the years since they had an SSN to help your case.

Edited by saladboye

Thing is we have main sponser and one joint sponser right ,,we have transcript available with us of Main sponser but the other one which is joint sponser has extension to file tax return..as his tax are not paid ..so How could we able to make transcripts of joint sponser but CO asked to submitted transcripts of both ...but might be CO was not awared of extension of joint sponser as we had no talk regarding this with cO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.