Simran2019

F4 visa interview administrative process (221 g)

38 posts in this topic

Do the details of what the sponsor has done about extension, payment terms etc really matter? To my mind the important issues are:

(1) sponsor has filed an extension so the transcript that OP needs is simply not available

(2) sponsor is evidently having issues paying taxes which may raise questions about ability to adequately sponsor this family.

2 minutes ago, Simran2019 said:

Thing is we have main sponser and one joint sponser right ,,we have transcript available with us of Main sponser but the other one which is joint sponser has extension to file tax return..as his tax are not paid ..so How could we able to make transcripts of joint sponser but CO asked to submitted transcripts of both ...but might be CO was not awared of extension of joint sponser as we had no talk regarding this with cO

The only reason to have a joint sponsor is that the main one cannot adequately cover the sponsorship. So you can’t pick and choose now who to show, you have to have both, that’s how it works with a joint sponsor.

1 hour ago, saladboye said:

Okay there is a lot of confusing terms.

They either requested an extension to file a return (1040) or setup a payment plan after filing return.

They can pay taxes in installments once the return is filed. And if the return is filed, it means transcript is available since all tax liability is calculated.

You can still get the transcript for latest year. You cannot pay or get a refund till you file a return, which seems to be done already. And you mentioned you took return, so transcript should be available.

Sponsor can get them online here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you are having trouble creating online account, you can request it to be sent via mail (sponsor will have to scan and send it) here:  https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do (takes < 10 days).

Also the USCIS does care for tax liability, they wanna verify your sponsors income, and the transcript is the most easiest way to do after comparing with W2. You could also bring the Social Security statement from ssa.gov (please verify the URLs yourself rather than depending on strangers online as it requests sensitive information like SSN) statement that shows income for the years since they had an SSN to help your case.

And you're confusing the OP further. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

A transcript is unlikely to be available anytime soon. 

In short, OP should seek another joint sponsor as the one she has lined up appears unlikely to muster up funds to adequately support OP's family.

I-751 journey

18 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

The only reason to have a joint sponsor is that the main one cannot adequately cover the sponsorship. So you can’t pick and choose now who to show, you have to have both, that’s how it works with a joint sponsor.

Yess that why we have choose joint sponsor that musters up demand of sponsoring ,,but for 2018 joint sponsor has extension to owe taxes

4 hours ago, Simran2019 said:

Thing is rn this ..should we send inquiry about IRS extension to US embassy that we cannot get available transcript right now to show you aa joint sponsor has taken extension time

You’re not listening to what people are saying here. You can tell them, but they won’t care what the reason is, and nothing will happen till they get the transcripts. 

6 hours ago, Simran2019 said:

Thing is rn this ..should we send inquiry about IRS extension to US embassy that we cannot get available transcript right now to show you aa joint sponsor has taken extension time

You have to understand the reason why the embassy requires a sponsor.. that sponsor is financially responsible for your family once in the US. The US government doesn't want a new immigrant to be on welfare, paid by US taxpayers. Hence the requirement that whoever is financially sponsoring immigrants has the funds/income to support them. The transcript is an official document that shows actual income and actual taxes paid.

And until your family obtains the transcript, no one is getting a visa. 

I-751 journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.