Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 FILERS

1,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi 👋🏽 everyone! I hope everyone is doing good! I’m wondering, what happened to the other people in this group who did end up like me - I have a K1 visa, and planned to move to the US in May. My flight has been cancelled, so I rebooked another one for the end of May, which was cancelled last week. My visa is only valid until the 1st of July. My plan is to wait and see what’s going to happen in May, and if the travel ban is going to be lifted or if there will be more flights in June. However, I would like to know, if anyone on here has any experience with a K1 visa extension? Or if someone is in the same situation and has already asked for an extension? The consulate texted me back saying, I would have to pay for another medical and do another interview. What is the process for the visa extension, do I have to write a letter, and if so, when would be the right time to ask for the extension? I would really appreciate to hear about your experiences!! It is a REALLY rough time, because I have already quit my apartment and job to move, and i really don’t know what to do with myself right now! There are different options - the visa extension (go back to work for now), going to another country and wait there for 2 weeks then travel to the US (which idk if it’ll work). And I’m not sure what to do! I’m excited to hear from others!! Best wishes to everyone 

3 hours ago, Leah88 said:

Hi 👋🏽 everyone! I hope everyone is doing good! I’m wondering, what happened to the other people in this group who did end up like me - I have a K1 visa, and planned to move to the US in May. My flight has been cancelled, so I rebooked another one for the end of May, which was cancelled last week. My visa is only valid until the 1st of July. My plan is to wait and see what’s going to happen in May, and if the travel ban is going to be lifted or if there will be more flights in June. However, I would like to know, if anyone on here has any experience with a K1 visa extension? Or if someone is in the same situation and has already asked for an extension? The consulate texted me back saying, I would have to pay for another medical and do another interview. What is the process for the visa extension, do I have to write a letter, and if so, when would be the right time to ask for the extension? I would really appreciate to hear about your experiences!! It is a REALLY rough time, because I have already quit my apartment and job to move, and i really don’t know what to do with myself right now! There are different options - the visa extension (go back to work for now), going to another country and wait there for 2 weeks then travel to the US (which idk if it’ll work). And I’m not sure what to do! I’m excited to hear from others!! Best wishes to everyone 

You can extend through the embassy. You will pay your fee much the same way you did the first one and complete the exam. Paying your fee allows you to book an interview. I'm not sure this is the best route to go as it will take another 3-6 months because of the rush of others to get an appointment causing your delay if you are not quick enough to get one of the first openings.

If it were I then I would investigate to see if traveling to another country and then onwards to the US is a good option. That could save you so much more money and time then rebooking an interview. Also, keep in mind you have a expiration date of July which is awhile from now and anything can happen. Be calm and work through this logically. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You can extend through the embassy. You will pay your fee much the same way you did the first one and complete the exam. Paying your fee allows you to book an interview. I'm not sure this is the best route to go as it will take another 3-6 months because of the rush of others to get an appointment causing your delay if you are not quick enough to get one of the first openings.

If it were I then I would investigate to see if traveling to another country and then onwards to the US is a good option. That could save you so much more money and time then rebooking an interview. Also, keep in mind you have a expiration date of July which is awhile from now and anything can happen. Be calm and work through this logically. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Thank you very much for your opinion and thoughts!! I really appreciate it so much! Yes, July is “far” away, but also so close!! So I wanted to see, if it is recommendable to try and take care of a renewal ASAP or not. Well thank you, I see it the same way and I definitely do not want to wait around for 6 months without a job 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Leah88 You should wait till June which is I know feels like it's cutting close.

Meanwhile, just prepare and pack things to leave and if the situation doesn't improve, then as @Greenbaum said, you should consider going to another country for 14 days before entering US.

So wait till the first week of June with everything ready to go, and if the situation doesn't improve, just book tickets to another country for 14 days and into US.

That's what I would do if I were in your situations, hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Edited by :Sarah:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dale. said:

Well we are almost 12 months into this journey.  Strange to think that it could be another 5 to 10 months before we hear anything.  

I hope everyone is doing well and you were all reunited with your loved ones

I’m not from this group, but I really wanted to wish you good luck and hopefully you’ll hear good news very soon. 
Have a blessed weekend and hang in there! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@Leah88I found this on FRA Consular Twitter page, but I maybe is helpful

Awww thanks for sharing!! I really hope the travel ban will be lifted in the next 14 days, otherwise I’ll try to go to Mexico. The embassy told me it’s a legit option. I also contacted them this week to ask, if they had any news regarding the end of the travel ban, but they still didn’t have née information 😢 yeah there will be more flights from Frankfurt in June, but with the travel ban in place, I still wouldn’t be able to travel / enter the US. Thanks for sharing and take care ! @Dale. I am so rooting for you!!!!!! Stay strong! 

PPl - 

There is a nicely written article giving the current situation. A must read in my estimation. It addresses the situation, and references China, but you can substitute China for your embassy and the information still holds true.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/739288-uscis-approved-on-feb-18-no-update-from-nvc-help/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10137315

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm a lurker of this thread, just to follow @Dale and her fiancé's case. Hope you and your future hubby are hanging in there!! Sending positive energy/vibes your way!!💞

~Ama 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ama🖤Kwaku said:

I'm a lurker of this thread, just to follow @Dale and her fiancé's case. Hope you and your future hubby are hanging in there!! Sending positive energy/vibes your way!!💞

~Ama 

Same here, I wish you all the best @Dale I can't wait to hear your shouts of joy,  your approval is imminent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

@Ama🖤Kwaku @Treasure1  thank you guys so much.  My fiance broke down yesterday, he is really struggling and there is only so much I can do 8455 miles away.  It really is not easy.  

But...still no Noa2.  It has been 1 year and 6 days since our Noa1.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Dale. said:

@Ama🖤Kwaku @Treasure1  thank you guys so much.  My fiance broke down yesterday, he is really struggling and there is only so much I can do 8455 miles away.  It really is not easy.  

Sorry if you’ve already answered this, but have you submitted an outside normal processing time case inquiry with the USCIS? If so, did you get any sort of response?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
8 minutes ago, MJ&YY said:

Sorry if you’ve already answered this, but have you submitted an outside normal processing time case inquiry with the USCIS? If so, did you get any sort of response?

I have.  Petition hold due to awaiting security checks.  Normal Processing times apparently do not apply

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dale. said:

That's do long. Mine took 10 months i think. Have you checked with USCIS? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.