chako-

Does US Citizen could walks in to US Embassy Manila and complain?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  Two threads on the same issue merged.  PLease do not post more than once on a question/ issue. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, chako- said:

So, I had another 221g from US Embassy Manila for the 4th time. for the past 221g, I complied and sent it all back to the Embassy together with my passport. And this time around, they are asking for something that is hard and will take forever to get. which is the Registration of Divorce Decree here in the Philippines. (I am Divorce with Foreign National from his country) The embassy called me already and told me that I would just have to go to PSA quezon to register the divorce and it will reflect within few months, and I highly doubt it if it will work since based on what I read and some people said I will need a lawyer to be able to register the divorce here in the Philippines. I explained to her that it will takes 2 years roughly if we will need to do that since it will go through the Regional Trial court and some hearings. All she said was She will just tell to the consul who is reviewing my papers that it will takes 2 years but she is not giving any assurance that they will issue my visa. Now, my question is:

1st, Is there anybody here had an experience that they just walk in to the PSA Main to register the Foreign Decree?

2nd, Will it help if my Fiance will go back here in the Philippines and walk in to the embassy to explain to the people there about it so they will understand that it is not as easy as what they thought?

3rd, Is there any chance that the consular officer could have a compassion and issue my visa after all?

My Fiance and I have a toddler already and it really breaks my heart if they will still gonna insist that they want us to registration of that divorce here in the Philippines, knowing they accepted lots of people already that has the same issue. I hope someone could help me out. I am so furious and emotional right now. Thanks in Advance.

You have a divorce decree for the previous marriage and the CO is saying you need to have the recognition of divorce in the Philippines ... BULLZHIT!    That is totally not true.   That CO is new in town or incredibly stupid.   You only need to present a copy of the divorce decree (in English), it states this in the requirements.   

Somehow or another you will need to get the attention of those in charge at the embassy to "realign" that CO as to the visa process.

I know of HUNDREDS of Filipinos that have done the visa process at the embassy and presented a foreign divorce without any issues ... and their visas were issued!

That CO is wrong, wrong, wrong!     

Not sure how to reach a sane mind at the embassy, may need an attorney in the USA that has "real" immigration knowledge to shake things up.

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Art22 said:

Hi. I really dont know the facts of your story. But I assumed that you are a filipino citizen and that you secured a divorce decree in Korea as a filipino citizen residing in Korea.

Were you married to a filipino citizen before? Assuming you were married to a filipino citizen and you are a filipino citizen when the divorce decree was issued in Korea, under Philippine law, the divorce decree is not valid in the Philippines. On the other hand, if your marriage is mixed, like you are married to a Korean national, then the divorce decree is valid and it can be recognized in the Philippines.

What I understand is that the embassy is asking you for a court order recognizing your divorce decree in Korea. That is necessary because we do not have divorce law in the Philippines. In recognition of divorce decree, that case has to be filed at the Regional Trial Court having jurisdiction of your residence. The process for this case is not really long.

Recognition of divorce is not needed for the visa process, they must only be free to marry in the USA (being this is a K-1 VISA)    That CO at the embassy is WRONG ... what they may need is an immigration attorney from the USA to realign things.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, Art22 said:

Were you married to a filipino citizen before? Assuming you were married to a filipino citizen and you are a filipino citizen when the divorce decree was issued in Korea, under Philippine law, the divorce decree is not valid in the Philippines. On the other hand, if your marriage is mixed, like you are married to a Korean national, then the divorce decree is valid and it can be recognized in the Philippines.

For US immigration purposes, this doesn't matter. The US recognizes a foreign divorce and that's what they go by.

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

You have a divorce decree for the previous marriage and the CO is saying you need to have the recognition of divorce in the Philippines ... BULLZHIT!    That is totally not true.   That CO is new in town or incredibly stupid.   You only need to present a copy of the divorce decree (in English), it states this in the requirements.   

Somehow or another you will need to get the attention of those in charge at the embassy to "realign" that CO as to the visa process.

I know of HUNDREDS of Filipinos that have done the visa process at the embassy and presented a foreign divorce without any issues ... and their visas were issued!

Bingo. I never heard of them making any such requirement either. They probably just don't know...maybe they are new or transferred to Manila recently? 🤷‍♂️

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not sure how to reach a sane mind at the embassy, may need an attorney in the USA that has "real" immigration knowledge to shake things up.

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Actually, We wrote them lots of times, telling them and explaining that we knew lots of people who never had a problem with that but now is in the USA. and we are asking them what those papers anything to do for us to get married?I want an answer for that. but what kept doing was they sent me 221g, 4 times! imagine that. LOL 

The catch was, someone from the embassy also called me and I asked her "WHY WE NEED TO DO THAT? BECAUSE WE KNEW US LAW SHOULD JUST ABIDE US LAW, AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PHILIPPINE LAW" 

and her answer was what?

"WELL THAT IS WHAT THE CONSULAR WANT YOU TO DO". 

I mean what was that right?!! they should follow their rules. not just because that is what she "wants". Is she power tripping?? My Fiance is really angry and he wants to file a complain on that consular who is treating me this way. I am not just sure if the US Law will be able to give her a lection doing that to people.

3 hours ago, geowrian said:

For US immigration purposes, this doesn't matter. The US recognizes a foreign divorce and that's what they go by.

Bingo. I never heard of them making any such requirement either. They probably just don't know...maybe they are new or transferred to Manila recently? 🤷‍♂️

I agree. and we are so mad we could not even get ahold to people inside the embassy. All they want us to do is to call those call centers that doesn't even know the answer. I don't know what is her reason for doing this. it is so frustrating. like I know me and my Fiance havimg a child won't help the case, but come to think of it, My papers doesn't have a problem, My fiance and I is been together for 3 years with a 2 years old kid, He also visits us every 2 months when he was stationed in Korea because he works in the military. And I was divorced for 4 years. it's not like I had a relationship with him and I was not divorced. the dates in the documents was clear. She did not even think about that part of their job is to bind families together, not to tore them apart. If the embassy could even give a chance to those people who has a big age gap or those people has a criminal records, why she can't approve us? what is her issue with us? -_-

@chako- maybe you should call the embassy and ask to speak to a supervisor. Just a weird case.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

6 minutes ago, coa24 said:

@chako- maybe you should call the embassy and ask to speak to a supervisor. Just a weird case.

we tried. but the call center keeps on telling my Fiance that it is their protocol that we cannot speak to anyone inside the embassy and just tell them what we wanna say and they will make a report. that is why my Fiance want to go back here in PI and try to walk in there to ask what is their problem with us. not sure if it will work tho.

Maybe he can come over and the two of you can go to the embassy itself if not too far and cost too much. I realize that is really a shot in the dark of course. Sorry that is happening to you.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, chako- said:

Do you have any idea how long could be the process if ever?I heard other said it really depends on the lawyer who will process it. not just sure if that is true

It may depend on the lawyer. Other factors would be the availability of prosecutors representing the state, and also the case dockets of the court where you will the petition. But it is not a long process. Other lawyers may file it as a special proceeding while others file it as declaratory relief. It depends on the lawyer.

11 hours ago, chako- said:

we tried. but the call center keeps on telling my Fiance that it is their protocol that we cannot speak to anyone inside the embassy and just tell them what we wanna say and they will make a report. that is why my Fiance want to go back here in PI and try to walk in there to ask what is their problem with us. not sure if it will work tho.

Then either YOU(not your fiancé) need to call/email the embassy or you need to make a special trip to the Philippines to see what the hell is going on. 

Does anybody here who had and experienced that their US Citizen Fiancee walks in to US Embassy Manila and complain or wants to talk to any supervisor inside?

To make my story short, I have a 221g for the 5th time, and Embassy keeps asking for the same documents over and over again even I tried to explain that I will not be able to obtain it within the time frame that they are insisting. (Annotated Certificate of Marriage, Cenomar) I am divorced with a foreign national. They even called me and told  me that they called the PSA and that PSA only process it within 2 months and accepts walks in. I went to PSA and I was told that it will takes YEARS and not just months. and it needs to be filed in the regional trial court. So the embassy lied to us. they said, THEY CALLED THE PSA. which is not even true. They was being rude also and making me feel like I am stupid and they keep asking for the same papers again and again.

Now my question is, Is it okay if my Fiancee(Petitioner) will walks in there in the US Embassy and ask them what is their issue with us or file a complaint? or get a hold to a supervisor? Thanks in Advance.

4 minutes ago, chako- said:

Now my question is, Is it okay if my Fiancee(Petitioner) will walks in there in the US Embassy and ask them what is their issue with us or file a complaint? or get a hold to a supervisor? Thanks in Advance.

It's not particularly polite and probably wont help your case in any way. The truth is until you deliver required documents, your case wont be approved. Complaining won't help. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Complain about what? No one is entitled to a visa. He can certainly contact his congressperson if he feels that the case is being handled inefficiently. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

No, What I meant is to file a complaint. And yes I know no one is entitled for visa but they also lied to us and makes us feel like stupid asking for the same papers even tho I also sent it 4 times. I also wrote a letter and explained. but it seems like they are not even reading it. We have no idea what is really going on since call centers doesn't knew anything as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.