chako-

Does US Citizen could walks in to US Embassy Manila and complain?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've asked the Mods to merge this thread with the existing one (that was already merged earlier with another previous thread) so full info can be in one place---you got some good advice in that other thread, btw---good luck!

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  three threads on the same issue merged.  Do NOT create another thread on this; any updates or follow on questions should be posted as a reply to this thread ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yes, I have went to the US Embassy and complained, they finally got me a US citizen to talk to.   It just depends on how stubborn one is.  

At first they try to give you the run around, I am US Citizen so that might of had some more weight 

ChickBoy

Since there were 5 221(g)s i'm leaning more towards the OP not understanding what is asked for.  All they need to submit is the CENOMAR, annotated or not.  There is definitely something missing in this story and while I originally sided with the OP, now I'm thinking that there is more to this story.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Yes, I have went to the US Embassy and complained, they finally got me a US citizen to talk to.   It just depends on how stubborn one is.  

At first they try to give you the run around, I am US Citizen so that might of had some more weight 

If you managed to talk to someone, what did they say?  Go pound salt?  Or they will look into it?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Since there were 5 221(g)s i'm leaning more towards the OP not understanding what is asked for.  All they need to submit is the CENOMAR, annotated or not.  There is definitely something missing in this story and while I originally sided with the OP, now I'm thinking that there is more to this story.

Can't get a CENOMAR, only the CEMAR (as there is a recorded marriage), without the annotation ... which isn't required if they have a divorce certificate (in English).     To get the annotation would required the recognition process .. which, like said, ISN'T required.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 5/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Falcon Cara said:

can I ask what did they told you? or somethings good happened? or it made worse? 

Assuming your American not Filipino. We don't have divorce in Philippines then I don't understand how come they let you register that korean divorce in Philippines.I know your free to do all in Philippines if you have divorce papers proved...Make you easy..I suggest.Maybe better for you to start your petition from USA for your fiancee.  My husband was also divorced here in USA when he petitioned me fiancee K1..Also don't forget if your toddler was born in Philippines make sure register them to your US Embassy in Manila for recognition so that your toddlers become US citizen automatic that's what my friend did for her son in Philippines

12 hours ago, LynNo said:

Assuming your American not Filipino. We don't have divorce in Philippines then I don't understand how come they let you register that korean divorce in Philippines.I know your free to do all in Philippines if you have divorce papers proved...Make you easy..I suggest.Maybe better for you to start your petition from USA for your fiancee.  My husband was also divorced here in USA when he petitioned me fiancee K1..Also don't forget if your toddler was born in Philippines make sure register them to your US Embassy in Manila for recognition so that your toddlers become US citizen automatic that's what my friend did for her son in Philippines

No. US Embassy are accepting Foreign Divorce Decree even without recognizing it under Philippine Law. Simply because US Embassy should governs US LAW not PI LAW, or any other law. It should be simple as that. And like what I said on my post, Many many people had done this and never had a problem. so we do not know why and what is it their issue with us. AND Our kid was born in South Korea and already a US citizen. also has a Philippine Passport. But that was not the topic here. I have some questions and I am looking for answer on that to those people who also had a knowledge about it and maybe had an experienced also. Anyways, Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I was in your situation, instead of spending money on your sponsor traveling there and trying to walk into the embassy to speak to a supervisor; I’d hire a local  attorney that specializes in immigration. I don’t know any personally but have seen many posts by shadow on Living in Cebu forum. 

I agree with @Hank_ and you that the CO is wrong given what information you provided. Maybe there’s more to it, we don’t have all the details. Honestly you’ve been a little vague. I do understand your frustration. I hope you get this resolved 

Timeline

If suggesting an attorney in the Philippines .. they will not be versed in U.S. immigration laws and will be of little help.  If you need an attorney you should contact an immigration attorney in the USA

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

If suggesting an attorney in the Philippines .. they will not be versed in U.S. immigration laws and will be of little help.  If you need an attorney you should contact an immigration attorney in the USA

The one I mentioned specializes in US immigration. I believe he would be able to assist. But I’m sure there are many in USA also.

Filed: Timeline

This may not be a popular opinion but I am going to put it out there anyway. 

Has your fiance sponsored anyone before? Does he have any kind of criminal records or was ever arrested? Did you see the actual 129f form he filled out? I am asking because if he did sponsor someone before and has told you "it didnt work out" and that person is still in the US- there is a chance the previous immigrant filed VAWA or ROC with abuse waiver. 

In those cases USCIS can not disclose to you anything about the abuse claims since a determination was made the immigrant was a victim and not that he was the abuser. Often in those cases the Officers (since they can not directly tell you about an abuse claim) will give you a hard time about other things and deny or stall you. That may be what is happening here. 

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, Hank_ said:

If you managed to talk to someone, what did they say?  Go pound salt?  Or they will look into it?

It was a holiday and they had skeleton crew there, They helped me once I got hold of a US Citizen.

My was about not a immigration question

ChickBoy

Timeline

Perhaps the name on the CEMAR does not match the name on the foreign divorce decree (Like a slight variation in name for instance)?  Or like everyone else is suggesting something else is going that has not been shared here or that the poster doesn't know about. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.