TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,374 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, mabobine said:

Did he have second interview after submitting medical?  Also how long was total processing time in AP?

His interview was on 12/12/18. He received 221g for joint sponsor and it took 7 months for them to resolve the case. They let the case sit for a good 5 months until i contacted my senator and they began working on it and resolved it within 2.5 months. He did not have to go for another interview but had to submit a new medical since they let it expire. His status was refused for 5 months changed to AP pending for new medical.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Malik786 said:

Bro you are new here. I have been on this forum for a very long time and have learned from many people. Thank you for helping and if you could kindly do a lawsuit for me against the USCIS😂

Really.

Well I have been on and off so I dont really know what your problem is.

Would you mind telling me what your problem is?

6 hours ago, Zaczon said:

Had my interview on 3/26 and got issued on 7/11.

May I ask what visa type you are on and what happened at your interview?

Also I believe its better to let your senators enquire rather than send them personal emails.

It keeps the embassy on their toes when senators enquire and it somewhat speeds the process than personal emails. 

Ir1 visa was fine they took passport even then retun it after 10 days without visa then sent ne email with ds5535 and thats was it

Timeline
2 hours ago, fakeeh said:

Ir1 visa was fine they took passport even then retun it after 10 days without visa then sent ne email with ds5535 and thats was it

Have you tried letting your senators enquire?

And how long have you been on AP?

10 hours ago, Zaczon said:

Good morning to everyone on here.

I am starting to think and believe that the DS form is given to transfer banned countries and muslims in general.

My reason is because I find myself not from a banned country but because of me being a muslim I had a form to fill.

But successfully I went through it and I got my visa.

Who else isnt from a banned country but a muslim and had to fill out a Ds Form?

Canadian, not Muslim and still got the DS-5535. Its not only given to banned countries and muslims. 

Timeline
Just now, TheLedgerFiles said:

Canadian, not Muslim and still got the DS-5535. Its not only given to banned countries and muslims. 

Wow.

Noted.

I am really learning.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
10 hours ago, Zaczon said:

Good morning to everyone on here.

I am starting to think and believe that the DS form is given to transfer banned countries and muslims in general.

My reason is because I find myself not from a banned country but because of me being a muslim I had a form to fill.

But successfully I went through it and I got my visa.

Who else isnt from a banned country but a muslim and had to fill out a Ds Form?

I'll pipe in here too and add that my fiancé received the DS5535 as well.  He is a Christian, Norwegian citizen (although he lived as a child in a banned country for a time.)

We've been stuck in AP because of this since September 2018 with virtually no updates unless we inquire on our own.

I am glad to see people are successful in finally receiving their visa after being subjected to the DS5535 though :) 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

26 minutes ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

Maybe not, but the vast majority are, as well as to citizens from countries who do not do their own adequate vetting or data sharing, such as Pakistan.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JennaL said:

I'll pipe in here too and add that my fiancé received the DS5535 as well.  He is a Christian, Norwegian citizen (although he lived as a child in a banned country for a time.)

We've been stuck in AP because of this since September 2018 with virtually no updates unless we inquire on our own.

I am glad to see people are successful in finally receiving their visa after being subjected to the DS5535 though :) 

Thanks for the heads up.

But have you made your senator enquire about your case?

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Maybe not, but the vast majority are, as well as to citizens from countries who do not do their own adequate vetting or data sharing, such as Pakistan.

Yes I side with you on this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Zaczon said:

Thanks for the heads up.

But have you made your senator enquire about your case?

Yes, we have had them do that a couple of times. They get the same answers as we do, so it hasn't really done much to help.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JennaL said:

Yes, we have had them do that a couple of times. They get the same answers as we do, so it hasn't really done much to help.

Thats very unfortunate.

Anyway I hope you get to hear something positive before the end of this month.

23 hours ago, H&K❤️ said:

His interview was on 12/12/18. He received 221g for joint sponsor and it took 7 months for them to resolve the case. They let the case sit for a good 5 months until i contacted my senator and they began working on it and resolved it within 2.5 months. He did not have to go for another interview but had to submit a new medical since they let it expire. His status was refused for 5 months changed to AP pending for new medical.

Can you please tell me in detail how did ur senator helped in expediting the process as my senator received almost the same email as we are receiving from the embassy on inquiring. ?

So that I can push my senator more than now to get any positive feedback for my case. Please share ur senator's experience in detail.

2 hours ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

Can you please tell me in detail how did ur senator helped in expediting the process as my senator received almost the same email as we are receiving from the embassy on inquiring. ?

So that I can push my senator more than now to get any positive feedback for my case. Please share ur senator's experience in detail.

No one can help expediting the processes 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

My case is a little different. We did not receive DS and we were not in AP. Our status showed as refused for the longest time and that was because they needed joint sponsor from us. I contacted my senator in hopes for an answer. They got back to me saying my documents are pending for review. After my senator’s email i began seeing updates on my case. And almost every two to three weeks i would ask my senator to inquire again. Their response changed to “papers are being reviewed” I asked my senator to inquire again after about a week. By the end of May my status had changed to AP and that’s when i received an email from my senator that they need my husband’s updated medical. But i never received an email from the embassy so i asked my senator to inquire again and have them send me an email because you can’t get your medical done unless the embassy sends you the applicant or petitioner email for it. The next morning i received their email. So that wasted another month because i was waiting for embassy’s email. Then we submitted the medical. We had two updates the first week and then crickets. Then i asked my senator to inquire again and by the end of the week his status changed to issued. I believe my senator helped my case termendously but that’s just my experience. If you are in AP you can’t expedite it in any shape or form. Hope this helps.

Edited by H&K❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/1/2019 at 6:09 AM, Zaczon said:

Had my interview on 3/26 and got issued on 7/11.

May I ask what visa type you are on and what happened at your interview?

Also I believe its better to let your senators enquire rather than send them personal emails.

It keeps the embassy on their toes when senators enquire and it somewhat speeds the process than personal emails. 

I don’t think involving the senator matters, I had my senator asked about my husbands case for almost a year and no movement with his case at all. They replied with the exact email they send me. I also had a bunch of issues to begin with and that’s why I involved the senator (no issues with my case but my name and address ended up on someone else’s paper work and I received someone else’s green card and social security number, no department wanted to claim responsibility till I contacted the ombudsman who helped with that issue but no assistance with my husbands case) . Almost 14 months in AP and no news. I had the senator stop asking about our case because I was done with seeing updates only to be disappointed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.