Patrick12

I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, missileman said:

This is a CR-1 case.  They are already married.  NVC should contact him next......or am I missing something?

You are right, I was combining NVC with the consulate.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, missileman said:

Your lawyer needs to study the current immigration process.......It is not fast....K3 visas are obsolete.  In 2018, only 6 K3s were approved word-wide.  This year, I expect there to be none approved...

Re: K-3 I presume the lawyer actually knew better. But extra money is money. Somebody's gotta take a vacation sometimes.

They aren't engaging in malpractice or anything of the sort by letting the OP know it is an available option, is typically faster, and then providing services to apply for it. They aren't exactly being ethical if they don't disclose relevant factors, but lawyers and ethics is a topic for another forum.

...or I'm wrong and they really didn't know better. But that's a bit scary in itself if they're that out of touch with current immigration topics with family-based immigration.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, Patrick12 said:

I applied form I 130 before and My lawyer said I could apply form I 129 to make the process go faster so today I received two letter I-130 approval  and the second letter as I mention above.

your topic for the post says  I-129 for fiancee

and that is why i asked

seems you are getting poor advice from a lawyer who directed you to do K3 / your case is a CR1

and Nebraska is slow / this will take time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, geowrian said:

Re: K-3 I presume the lawyer actually knew better. But extra money is money. Somebody's gotta take a vacation sometimes.

They aren't engaging in malpractice or anything of the sort by letting the OP know it is an available option, is typically faster, and then providing services to apply for it. They aren't exactly being ethical if they don't disclose relevant factors, but lawyers and ethics is a topic for another forum.

...or I'm wrong and they really didn't know better. But that's a bit scary in itself if they're that out of touch with current immigration topics with family-based immigration.

I guess it's the small things (and some not so small) that separate the mediocre attorneys from the really good attorneys......😉

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Burundi
Timeline
5 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

your topic for the post says  I-129 for fiancee

and that is why i asked

seems you are getting poor advice from a lawyer who directed you to do K3 / your case is a CR1

and Nebraska is slow / this will take time

I have already got approved for my case CR1 received approval letter yesterday. So my case should  be send to NVC hopefully. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Patrick12 said:

I have already got approved for my case CR1 received approval letter yesterday. So my case should  be send to NVC hopefully. 

To be clear, the I-130 petition was approved.......and now, it moves to NVC to start the visa process.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

To be clear, the I-130 petition was approved.......and now, it moves to NVC to start the visa process.

Yes correct. @missileman my wife and I knew each other child hood , we kept contact and we fall in love and our parent arranged marriage for us. And I went to her home county got married which was first time seeing her again after 21 years but we were still talking to each other for 1 years before I asked to marry me . My question is should go visit her again before her interview with US Embassy.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Patrick12 said:

Yes correct. @missileman my wife and I knew each other child hood , we kept contact and we fall in love and our parent arranged marriage for us. And I went to her home county got married which was first time seeing her again after 21 years but we were still talking to each other for 1 years before I asked to marry me . My question is should go visit her again before her interview with US Embassy.

Yes.  Multiple visits and more time together are always better evidence of a bona fide relationship.  I would certainly make another visit.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, missileman said:

Yes.  Multiple visits and more time together are always better evidence of a bona fide relationship.  I would certainly make another visit.

26 minutes ago, missileman said:

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 5/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, Bill & Katya said:

It sounds like the I130 was approved, so the I129F sort of evaporates.  Hopefully your lawyer did not charge you additional money for filing the I129F as it was most likely a waste of time.

Good Luck!

His I-130 application was approved in 4 months by Nebraska ! If applying for I-129 at the same time as for I-130 actually sped the process up, it was definitely not a waste of time nor money and the lawyer knows his job!

Patrick12, did you request some form of expedite ?

For our story, look at my profile.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, JulienR said:

His I-130 application was approved in 4 months by Nebraska ! If applying for I-129 at the same time as for I-130 actually sped the process up, it was definitely not a waste of time nor money and the lawyer knows his job!

Patrick12, did you request some form of expedite ?

Filing the I-129f did not speed up the process for I-130 approval at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, JulienR said:

You know this how?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, missileman said:

Filing the I-129f did not speed up the process for I-130 approval at all.

How do you know? I know of two cases on VJ with unusually quick approval by Nebraska with no expedite and both applied for I-129 at the same time. I agree, this could be a total coïncidence and doesn't make sense but most other cases that have been quickly approved were expedite...

35 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You know this how?

I don't know if that's why they were approved quickly but it does make you wonder.

On what basis would filing an additional form speed up adjudication of a different form?

Filing an I-29F while awaiting I-130 adjudication is certainly not anything new. A couple cases where people who did this also got lucky is not indicative of a trend or shift in policy.  It's business as usual - some cases are processed quickly and others take longer than average.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

On what basis would filing an additional form speed up adjudication of a different form?

Filing an I-29F while awaiting I-130 adjudication is certainly not anything new. A couple cases where people who did this also got lucky is not indicative of a trend or shift in policy.  It's business as usual - some cases are processed quickly and others take longer than average.

I agree, it would not make any sense. It is just an observation and probably a coïncidence but average time for a "normal" case to be looked at at Nebraska is now 11 months so anything in less than 6 months stands out and we, Nebraska filers, wonder why.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.