26 posts in this topic

hi everyone, wow - everyone got really rude really fast. every reply after "Geowrian"s has been pretty pedantic and passive aggressive. the ones before weren't particularly helpful either as they were also pedantic too, assuming that I have no idea about anything, and ignoring my one and only direct question.

thats fine, I didn't comment on it, but really no one really ever directly addressed what I simply stated.

im not sharing information because as I said, it is simply too long to share, not relatable, but most importantly simply not relevant to what I am asking. as I said, I don't want to speculate on my own case. So to @Jorgedig saying "we can only speculate and guess" -- you've totally missed the point. I have said I don't want to speculate and guess as to why multiple times. I'm not interested in that. as I also said, I'm not looking for someone to share their experience full of details -- never asked for that.

anyone who has gone through it who was interested and wanted to help could have simply contributed by saying "oh hey yeah I went through this for an employment immigrant visa and it lasted x amount of time" or hey yeah I have never gone through this. 

thats it. I wasn't asking anyone to divulge any personal info on themselves, to share extensive application info or anything like that. I don't need that. all I asked was whether someone who has been through this scenario -- immigrant and 221 in London -- would be willing to share. by share, I don't mean telling me every detail. as I already said, it doesn't matter about the details of my case or your case (whoever chooses to share) because I'm not trying to compare cases. I've already said this.

I don't need someone with the same or similar case. I said someone who had the same similar experience of: going for the employment based immigrant visa and getting 221g. preferably, in London because that might be more relevant. I asked exactly only for this.

I can't believe these passive aggressive replies. why would you act that way? I have only been kind, friendly, and patient even though not one reply addressed a single bit of my only one query. I kept being patient and replying kindly even though the replies were all way off base and telling me what to do, instead of answering my one question.

simply put, if you had no experience to share, then please don't reply?

lastly, you should respect the fact of choosing not to share details. once again @Jorgedig what you said is offensive, but what's worse, way off base. I'm not trying to be cryptic or hide anything. I did not ask for others' details and case history. I clearly stated in my last reply that I don't want to speculate. so, sorry but actually just feel free to delete this whole post because I really just feel attacked. none of this has been helpful. and now you have added more stress to an already stressful situation.

imagine opening your inbox and getting these type of replies.....what's happened here is just plain mean. 

2 minutes ago, katy01 said:

It is against the VJ TOS to tell others they cannot reply.  Feel free to ask the mods to close your post.

People here are VERY knowledgable and helpful.  Your post is far too generic to get any meaningful replies.  You may find better luck if you yourself go searching in the UK forum for previous posts on 221gs out of London, and then you can perhaps synthesize those timelines into meaningful info for your own use.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As has been mentioned 221G can last a few days, weeks, months, possibly longer not sure I have seen one into the years from London but I have seen many months.

I have also seen them result in a denial so we have a very wide range of possible outcomes.

Hope that helps.

You other thread suggests you have not filed yet?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, katy01 said:

This is an open self-help site.  As such, ANY poster is free to comment.....just as you are free to ignore any advice given.  It is against the terms of service to ask other not to post.........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

As has been mentioned 221G can last a few days, weeks, months, possibly longer not sure I have seen one into the years from London but I have seen many months.

I have also seen them result in a denial so we have a very wide range of possible outcomes.

Hope that helps.

You other thread suggests you have not filed yet?

Agreed to all of this.

I want to say the most recent 221g out of London had to do with the foreign fiancés police cautions and having to have a background check on that.

Overall London isn’t a very common place for 221g’s, so when searching it you don’t find an incredible  amount of answers.

as posted though, everyone has free reign to respond and people are explaining the 221g process very well. Since it’s all USCIS, It’s all the same regardless of the country unless you’re talking about MENA counties, but we’re not here.

Edited by Ash.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

58 minutes ago, katy01 said:

hi everyone, wow - everyone got really rude really fast. every reply after "Geowrian"s has been pretty pedantic and passive aggressive. the ones before weren't particularly helpful either as they were also pedantic too, assuming that I have no idea about anything, and ignoring my one and only direct question.

thats fine, I didn't comment on it, but really no one really ever directly addressed what I simply stated.

im not sharing information because as I said, it is simply too long to share, not relatable, but most importantly simply not relevant to what I am asking. as I said, I don't want to speculate on my own case. So to @Jorgedig saying "we can only speculate and guess" -- you've totally missed the point. I have said I don't want to speculate and guess as to why multiple times. I'm not interested in that. as I also said, I'm not looking for someone to share their experience full of details -- never asked for that.

anyone who has gone through it who was interested and wanted to help could have simply contributed by saying "oh hey yeah I went through this for an employment immigrant visa and it lasted x amount of time" or hey yeah I have never gone through this. 

thats it. I wasn't asking anyone to divulge any personal info on themselves, to share extensive application info or anything like that. I don't need that. all I asked was whether someone who has been through this scenario -- immigrant and 221 in London -- would be willing to share. by share, I don't mean telling me every detail. as I already said, it doesn't matter about the details of my case or your case (whoever chooses to share) because I'm not trying to compare cases. I've already said this.

I don't need someone with the same or similar case. I said someone who had the same similar experience of: going for the employment based immigrant visa and getting 221g. preferably, in London because that might be more relevant. I asked exactly only for this.

I can't believe these passive aggressive replies. why would you act that way? I have only been kind, friendly, and patient even though not one reply addressed a single bit of my only one query. I kept being patient and replying kindly even though the replies were all way off base and telling me what to do, instead of answering my one question.

lastly, you should respect the fact of choosing not to share details. once again @Jorgedig what you said is offensive, but what's worse, way off base. I'm not trying to be cryptic or hide anything. I did not ask for others' details and case history. I clearly stated in my last reply that I don't want to speculate. so, sorry but actually just feel free to delete this whole post because I really just feel attacked. none of this has been helpful. and now you have added more stress to an already stressful situation.

imagine opening your inbox and getting these type of replies.....what's happened here is just plain mean. 

Hey there.

As others said 221g is way too common for any kind of case. It means your case will go through administrative processing. It can have a broad range of reasons: coming from the wrong country, missing documents, or just some unimportant paperwork on their side.

I got it too. It has been 9 months and counting. But that does not mean anything for you, as there are people on VJ whose admin process lasted 2 days... The reasons vary, the duration varies, it is impossible to tell what the reason is or how long it will last, especially with the little info about your case.

I hope that helped.

My father's being holed and there are confusing him with someone else and they keep asking me for court documents and police report which already sent and I finally went to Norwalk  Police record.  I got a clearance and now I  Call and they have not even received it. It's been like 3 weeks and they still have not seen it I don't know what to do. I got a clearance letter.

A 221g is not an incredibly common thing to have coming out of London. That being said it certainly does happen and usually for very good reason. OP, I think most people are trying to help you here, but without knowing the facts it's impossible to do so. There's any numerous reasons that it can happen, and largely speculative. That's the reason why facts are important as everyone's case is different, even those that may have been issued such a notice for a similar visa (and I suspect that would be very few and far between). A 221g out of this embassy isn't probably going to be for the exact same possible reasons as one out of a different embassy though the same issues could overlap.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, anther one today that didn't hear what they wanted to hear and closed their account.

You guys are a rough crowd.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

5 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Wow, anther one today that didn't hear what they wanted to hear and closed their account.

You guys are a rough crowd.

Eh, being rough doesn’t change the facts. 

I truly believe everyone who posted here would have gave more help if any of us knew the OPs background.

But we didn’t, so all we can do is repeat that London isn’t a common place to give 221g, that everyone’s case goes through AP, and that it can last days to months to years and that it depends on the situation.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~As the OP closed their account this thread is locked to further replies. Please use the search option to search for others experience when all one is wanting is to read others experience.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.