andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks @andyazcu and @andreaam

I'm going to try and argue with my bank one more time. And you are right - they are trying to make a claim that he is non-immigrant/still has residency in Argentina even if they are like "just put a friend/family members address." I'm more concerned with the bank's lack of knowledge and potential risks they could put our status into by making a request like that. If they won't add him, then I'll just open up with Bank of America. Really appreciate in the insight and recommendation ❤️ 

Just a head's up for those renewing or haven't adjusted status yet, USCIS updated the EAD form (I-765): https://www.uscis.gov/i-765

New edition date is 8/25/2020 with expiration 7/31/2022. Not really sure what's changed but figured I'd let everyone know :) 

Edited by andyazcu

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, KBCN said:

We've been trying to add my husband since April and the bank has now come back and said (after a litany of misinformation and other forms) that we have to do a W-8BEN form (tax form for someone living in a foreign country). We have some serious concerns about turning this back in because they've stated it has to get filed with the IRS and they are refusing to accept it unless we put the "permanent address" as something in Argentina. One person got back to me saying it's not needed so I was going to call the bank back. Just curious if any of you ran into this issue or had a similar experience? I'm just at a loss on what to do to get my husband added on the bank accounts without filing government documents that seem to be misleading/lying/etc. since technically his permanent address is here in the U.S. now.

@andyazcu Thanks for the good vibes! I always check Visajourney messages, when I started using the website back in january 2018, really helped me to prepare my case and share info with others in Argentina as well as international threads. So now that I know a little more about the process, I like t share and help others and return to the community as much as I can. ❤

That being said, our experience with the joint account thing was very similar. My husband was the K1 visa petitioner, so we wanted to create a joint account on one of his bank accounts. The day we go to the bank, they say that me (the foraner/beneficiary), needed to update my passport in order to show my married name to match the information in the marriage certificate (?), so wired coz' my maiden name is also on the certificate 🙃 .

It was fishy, so we tried to open an account at  Bank of America; They asked the basic:  State IDs, Marriage Certificate and I don't remember quite well if they also asked to add a service bill under my name, or copy of the k1 visa stamp on my passport. You better double check with the bank if you would like to go for this option.

After our first year with Bank of America we closed it. First, asked for the reference letter and all the statements to add on the AOS Interview Affidavit of support. Don't  forget to do this if you switch banks or close an account. We added an Affidavit of support even though the AOS interview Notice check list says to do it if you haven't sent one before with the AOS Application.

Then, we opened the joint account where my husband built his credit score to help me start with good credit and not from scratch. 

Hope this information helps you,  I don't think that paperwork is really needed to finally get a joint account, as well as it was not necessary to have my passport updated. 

Thanks once again to everyone!

Timeline
23 hours ago, andreaam said:

I also was able to get a join bank account with my husband with Bank of America. Really easy and without problem. 
I also was able to get a permanent ID with my green card. I went to the DMV last week and it was also really easy to update. You have to make an appointment, wear mask and respect social distance. 

@andreaamHow did you got the appointment?I get in circles on the website to renew my Real ID. The first time I did on the Manhattan DMV office, now I must go to Queens since new covid guidelines. 

If you can help me on this one, will be great! I need to update it for the possible interview.

Timeline
On 8/25/2020 at 8:06 PM, Fer Schvarztman said:

@andreaam did you prepare an Affidavit of support for your AOS Interview? 

Yes I did. In the Interview Letter it says what you need to bring. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

@andreaamHow did you got the appointment?I get in circles on the website to renew my Real ID. The first time I did on the Manhattan DMV office, now I must go to Queens since new covid guidelines. 

If you can help me on this one, will be great! I need to update it for the possible interview.

I went to one in Harlem because is the one closer to where I live. No problem at all with that. 
https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentguide/dmv_license/DisplayPages/pwizlicensePermitNDID.cfm

It was really easy. You following the questions and then at some point it asks you to make an appointment and that’s it. I took my GC, old ID, ConEdison bill and SSN. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

We are getting ready to start our EAD/AP renewal process and we know the forms were updated recently.  Has anyone filled and filed the new ones?  Do we need to add anything new proff besides the ones below?

•  NOA1 (acceptance) for original EAD/AP
•  Renewal forms for EAD/AP
•  Copy of original EAD/AP (front/back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of passport 
•  Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate
•  NOA1 AOS
•  NOA2 (approval) for original EAD/AP
•  Two (2) Passport style photos
•  Copy of state ID

We are also going to include the mailer that came with the card when it was mailed to us.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hello!

We are getting ready to start our EAD/AP renewal process and we know the forms were updated recently.  Has anyone filled and filed the new ones?  Do we need to add anything new proff besides the ones below?

•  NOA1 (acceptance) for original EAD/AP
•  Renewal forms for EAD/AP
•  Copy of original EAD/AP (front/back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of passport 
•  Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate
•  NOA1 AOS
•  NOA2 (approval) for original EAD/AP
•  Two (2) Passport style photos
•  Copy of state ID

We are also going to include the mailer that came with the card when it was mailed to us.

Thanks for the question. How do you find the new form? Like EAD renewal? 

I need to wait until September 29th to renew my State ID at the DMV office

1 hour ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Thanks for the question. How do you find the new form? Like EAD renewal? 

I need to wait until September 29th to renew my State ID at the DMV office

The form is the same Andyazcu shared. You use the original EAD/AP form but I believe there is a place or box you need to check off to indicate renewal. I just said renewal so I could clarify that it is the second time we are sending the form. We haven’t made it to the form yet, since we wanted to gather the documents first.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Here is the link for the AP form:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I saw a September 2019 filer at NYC (K1 visa) whose interview just got scheduled.  He had submitted the re-renewal for EAD/AP in August-September.  Maybe the renewals are prompting interviews to be scheduled.  @Fer Schvarztman

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
Just now, Fe.Ta said:

FYI, I saw a September 2019 filer at NYC (K1 visa) whose interview just got scheduled.  He had submitted the re-renewal for EAD/AP in August-September.  Maybe the renewals are prompting interviews to be scheduled.  @Fer Schvarztman

Thanks for the update! I'm waitting for my renewed NY ID to fill do the EAD renewal. Will keep you posted about further updates

For those of you that have mailed things close to a deadline:

If I use UPS and I mail it on September 30th or October 1st, since they are not postmarked, is the shipping date considered as the postmark September 30th or October 1st and, therefore, considered as being prior to the October 2nd deadline?

The reason why I am asking is because the EAD forms will update again on October 2nd and I want to just mail the ones I have.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Fer Schvarztman Any news on the interview?  I have plenty of people that I have seen from NY getting their interviews scheduled.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.