andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone! Someone has shared not long ago all steps to do the EAD renewal process. (even though it should be automatically done by USCIS) but I can't find it. If someone knows I'll really appreciate some insight there. 

Also, I've been checking all my paperwork that needs update for my AOS interview and have some questions (Still have no date or news, but trying to update the case to be ready for anything). 

My husband and I did the 2019 tax period on April 2020. Now Fortunately I got a job, so I have to add paystubs,employment letter and anything else? 

Adding 7 more months of proofs is making my case paperwork be so enormous I'll need a wagon to carry it to the interview. 

Hope we are also blessed with the interview waver, but we all have to be ready. If someone wants me to add all the paperwork I have for the AOS packet interview, let me know and you can check if something is missing in my case or maybe in yours. 

Keep the faith, lets all try to get our GCs this year!!

5 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hello everyone! Someone has shared not long ago all steps to do the EAD renewal process. (even though it should be automatically done by USCIS) but I can't find it. If someone knows I'll really appreciate some insight there. 

Also, I've been checking all my paperwork that needs update for my AOS interview and have some questions (Still have no date or news, but trying to update the case to be ready for anything). 

My husband and I did the 2019 tax period on April 2020. Now Fortunately I got a job, so I have to add paystubs,employment letter and anything else? 

Adding 7 more months of proofs is making my case paperwork be so enormous I'll need a wagon to carry it to the interview. 

Hope we are also blessed with the interview waver, but we all have to be ready. If someone wants me to add all the paperwork I have for the AOS packet interview, let me know and you can check if something is missing in my case or maybe in yours. 

I got this information from a September 2019 filer that had to do the renewal just recently:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Packet for Renewal of Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization includes:

•  Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-765 (NOA1)
•  Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (The form you are submitting for the renewal)
•  Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card (Front)
•  Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card (Back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of passport (biographical page)
•  Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate
•  Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt of filing I-485 (NOA1)
•  Previously approved EAD/AP mailer information and approval notice
•  Two (2) Passport style photos
•  Copy of State ID

This one is for AP

Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document includes:

•  Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-I31 (NOA1)
•  Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (The form you are submitting for the renewal)
•  Copy of previously approved Advanced Parole Document (Front)
•  Copy of previously approved Advanced Parole Document (Back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of State ID

Here is some other information others included:

- Court order of name change

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
Just now, Fe.Ta said:

I got this information from a September 2019 filer that had to do the renewal just recently:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Packet for Renewal of Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization includes:

•  Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-765 (NOA1)
•  Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (The form you are submitting for the renewal)
•  Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card (Front)
•  Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card (Back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of State ID

This one is for AP

Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document includes:

•  Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-I31 (NOA1)
•  Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (The form you are submitting for the renewal)
•  Copy of previously approved Advanced Parole Document (Front)
•  Copy of previously approved Advanced Parole Document (Back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of State ID

Here is some other information others included:

- Court order of name change

I didn't do the AP. Do you guys believe it will be better to do it this time?.

Does anyone know where can I certify my marriage license? Maybe @andreaam knows as we are both in NYC. 

@Fe.Tathanks so much for the information!

1 minute ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

I didn't do the AP. Do you guys believe it will be better to do it this time?.

Does anyone know where can I certify my marriage license? Maybe @andreaam knows as we are both in NYC. 

@Fe.Tathanks so much for the information!

YVW. 

We got ours automatically certified the same day we got married, so we got those copies like that  from the courthouse already.  Does yours have a seal and is signed by a representative?  If so, I believe that is considered the certified.  But, wait for her to respond, since you are both in NYC.

We did AOS/AP/EAD together to be safe.  It is always good to be able to have your travel document in case you have a family situation, work opportunities, etc. that would have you travel (as long as it is less than the 6 months per year) outside the USA.  It is better to have it and not need it than to need it, not have it, and try to apply for an expedite, which you may not get nowadays.  GC are clearly taking longer, with all the news around, they will get delayed even more, especially family-based.  USCIS is still in an unknown status went it comes to its funding.  If the re-election happens, that would mean USCIS could continue to struggle even more in the next 4 years.  So, it is better to have all the documents you can to be able to work and travel as if you had the GC than to be stuck without a GC and not be able to travel.  That's just my opinion.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

YVW. 

We got ours automatically certified the same day we got married, so we got those copies like that  from the courthouse already.  Does yours have a seal and is signed by a representative?  If so, I believe that is considered the certified.  But, wait for her to respond, since you are both in NYC.

I'm checking it..I think it is certified has the seal and it is signed by NY city clerk with our marriage date.

Yes let's wait for @andreaam. Also I think she said she could renew her NYC ID license online. I have a Real non-driver license and I will have to do it in person at the DMV. They also ask for my marriage certificate and must be certified. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hey Fer! congratulations for your new job!!! that's great news! 😀

I do not have much information on the EAD renewal. I will do some research and get back here. 

If you could post all the info you're gatheting for the interview, that would be awesome just to double check information. 

6 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

I'm checking it..I think it is certified has the seal and it is signed by NY city clerk with our marriage date.

Yes let's wait for @andreaam. Also I think she said she could renew her NYC ID license online. I have a Real non-driver license and I will have to do it in person at the DMV. They also ask for my marriage certificate and must be certified. 

The state ID is probably optional.  That person just included it. If you have your passport, along with everything else, you are good. If you did a name change, it will be important to include that name change thing.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
22 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hey Fer! congrats on the job! 🙌🏼
I was able to renew my ID online because I lost it. But I have a temporary one. When that one expire I would have to go to the DMV to get a new one. 
I never certified my MC. I sent a copy of the original one. We had to wait 6 months after the marriage to ask for a certified copy on the Court we got married (Kew Gardens-Queens). I thought I was going to get a RFE for this but nothing happend. I got my EAD and GC only sendig a normal copy of the original MC. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, andreaam said:

Hey Fer! congrats on the job! 🙌🏼
I was able to renew my ID online because I lost it. But I have a temporary one. When that one expire I would have to go to the DMV to get a new one. 
I never certified my MC. I sent a copy of the original one. We had to wait 6 months after the marriage to ask for a certified copy on the Court we got married (Kew Gardens-Queens). I thought I was going to get a RFE for this but nothing happend. I got my EAD and GC only sendig a normal copy of the original MC. 

Thanks @andreaam !! For now I'm a float barista employee, which means I cover holes in other's employees schedules. Anyways happy to be earning some money and giving use to my EAD. Hope this also helps our case if called for an interview. 

Tomorrow will share my AOS paperwork case for an AOS interview if not waived.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey all,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! Hope you are all safe and well ❤️ Feel like it's been a bit since anyone's heard anything. We are still with the same "Interview to be Scheduled" status since April. 

For those with the EAD/AP Cards - how early to your expiration date are you considering to do the renewal? My husband's expires start of May 2021, so wasn't sure if anyone had a good idea of when to put the renewal in (6 months before expiration? 3 months before?). I read online not more than 180 days, but trying to stay as proactive and prepared as possible.

Wishing you all the best!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, KBCN said:

For those with the EAD/AP Cards - how early to your expiration date are you considering to do the renewal? My husband's expires start of May 2021, so wasn't sure if anyone had a good idea of when to put the renewal in (6 months before expiration? 3 months before?). I read online not more than 180 days, but trying to stay as proactive and prepared as possible.

Wishing you all the best!!

Hey, my case is still "ready to be schedule for an interview" since March 18th. My case it's been active for a year a month and 10 days, so I got into the USCIS webpage and asked to have my case reviewed since exceeded regular time processing. (If your AOS case has  exceeded 6 months beyond regular time processing you can call or do it through the USCIS website).

Got a message right after the end of the application, that they will review my inquiry and answer back on September 5th, so hope will have news to share soon. 

About the EAD thing, apply 6months before it expires. For example, My EAD expires Jan 2021, I read the renewal is automatically done by USCIS, but since we don't know if this will happen, it doesn't hurt to do so. By the way I didn't do the process yet, finished updating my AOS case and looking for a job. 

Does somebody knows which kind of answer I may expect?, an interview date maybe?. 

Good luck everyone and let's keep fighting 💪 💜 

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

Timeline

@Fer Schvarztman Thanks for getting back to me! I hope only the best news comes for you by Sept. 5th! Keep us posted and my fingers are crossed for you!!!

We did our AOS filing in November, so will look more into what you did with the inquiry if we hit the year mark or aren't seeing others before us getting much news. And we'll plan for the 6 month renewal when we get closer (maybe just consider mailing at the end of November). We are really fortunate to have you all as a resource and really take what you guys are doing and being proactive about to heart and to plan for our next steps. So thank you so much (to all) for sharing! 

Also, I made a post in another forum in the more general topics, but just curious if you guys have run into any issues getting added to/adding spouse to bank accounts?

We've been trying to add my husband since April and the bank has now come back and said (after a litany of misinformation and other forms) that we have to do a W-8BEN form (tax form for someone living in a foreign country). We have some serious concerns about turning this back in because they've stated it has to get filed with the IRS and they are refusing to accept it unless we put the "permanent address" as something in Argentina. One person got back to me saying it's not needed so I was going to call the bank back. Just curious if any of you ran into this issue or had a similar experience? I'm just at a loss on what to do to get my husband added on the bank accounts without filing government documents that seem to be misleading/lying/etc. since technically his permanent address is here in the U.S. now.

39 minutes ago, KBCN said:

@Fer Schvarztman Thanks for getting back to me! I hope only the best news comes for you by Sept. 5th! Keep us posted and my fingers are crossed for you!!!

We did our AOS filing in November, so will look more into what you did with the inquiry if we hit the year mark or aren't seeing others before us getting much news. And we'll plan for the 6 month renewal when we get closer (maybe just consider mailing at the end of November). We are really fortunate to have you all as a resource and really take what you guys are doing and being proactive about to heart and to plan for our next steps. So thank you so much (to all) for sharing! 

Also, I made a post in another forum in the more general topics, but just curious if you guys have run into any issues getting added to/adding spouse to bank accounts?

We've been trying to add my husband since April and the bank has now come back and said (after a litany of misinformation and other forms) that we have to do a W-8BEN form (tax form for someone living in a foreign country). We have some serious concerns about turning this back in because they've stated it has to get filed with the IRS and they are refusing to accept it unless we put the "permanent address" as something in Argentina. One person got back to me saying it's not needed so I was going to call the bank back. Just curious if any of you ran into this issue or had a similar experience? I'm just at a loss on what to do to get my husband added on the bank accounts without filing government documents that seem to be misleading/lying/etc. since technically his permanent address is here in the U.S. now.

Yeah my bank (Ally) won't let me add my husband until he has a green card. 🙄 We got him a Bank of America account since they only really require SSN and he needed an account for his paychecks. You should look into "immigrant-friendly" banks. There are some that you can open an account without even living here. I think there's some threads on here specifically around that. 

We plan to move him over to Ally once he gets his green card but for now, this works for us. For the AOS interview, I plan to write a brief explanation about why we didn't have joint accounts to start. I've seen other people do that and come out fine.

That tax stuff seems sketchy. I've never heard of that before, maybe they are confusing it with a non-immigrant status 🧐 We have to always explain K1 to everyone. It's so annoying!!! lol

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline

I also was able to get a join bank account with my husband with Bank of America. Really easy and without problem. 
I also was able to get a permanent ID with my green card. I went to the DMV last week and it was also really easy to update. You have to make an appointment, wear mask and respect social distance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.