2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Liflead said:

I expedited too but I never received a mail. I just received an email and they asked to fax supporting documents. 

I am not sure if they are supposed to send a mail too. 

Yeah it's weird. I did receive an email but on email it said they will contact me if they need more information. 

But the mail I got just say they will make decision shortly.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi May filers,

I was wondering if anybody knows what to do when we need to renew EAD? My husband expedited his and received it in July but our green card interview processing times is 1.5 to 2 years. On the Uscis website it says not to apply for new ead more than 180 days before it expires. I'm wondering if I could do a second expedite or would I have to wait 5.5 to I months for the second ead

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Akipog said:

Hi May filers,

I was wondering if anybody knows what to do when we need to renew EAD? My husband expedited his and received it in July but our green card interview processing times is 1.5 to 2 years. On the Uscis website it says not to apply for new ead more than 180 days before it expires. I'm wondering if I could do a second expedite or would I have to wait 5.5 to I months for the second ead

When you have 180 days remaining on your existing EAD, you submit paperwork for renewal and include your i485 NOA1 as evidence of ongoing AOS processing. I don't know why there would be a 2nd expedite needed, if they get the GC done then good, if not, and they take a while on the EAD renewal then you will get a letter with an automatic extension valid for 180 days from the previous EAD expiry.  If you are worried about I-9 requirements, USCIS explains what is considered "valid" here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/42-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, TandSarahJane said:

When you have 180 days remaining on your existing EAD, you submit paperwork for renewal and include your i485 NOA1 as evidence of ongoing AOS processing. I don't know why there would be a 2nd expedite needed, if they get the GC done then good, if not, and they take a while on the EAD renewal then you will get a letter with an automatic extension valid for 180 days from the previous EAD expiry.  If you are worried about I-9 requirements, USCIS explains what is considered "valid" here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/42-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances 

Thanks, yes I found that link after I asked here. My husband's green card processing time is 18 to 24 months so that's why we will need a renewal. 

I received my EAD/AP last weekend. But where is my SSN? I answered yes to the I-765 form

For those that have had their interview scheduled and had the letter with their interview date, how long did it take between you receiving the notification from USCIS that it was scheduled and receiving the letter? Just concerned that USPS isn't the most reliable in the world and I want to make sure I don't miss it. We have informed delivery for our address, and nothing's come through yet. It's been a week or so since I got the notification by email.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, dannosaur said:

For those that have had their interview scheduled and had the letter with their interview date, how long did it take between you receiving the notification from USCIS that it was scheduled and receiving the letter? Just concerned that USPS isn't the most reliable in the world and I want to make sure I don't miss it. We have informed delivery for our address, and nothing's come through yet. It's been a week or so since I got the notification by email.

Thanks.

I got my notice a week after.

Filed: IR-4 Timeline

Updating to help alleviate potential stress: 

Had our I-485 interview yesterday in San Antonio.   Very nice officer and very casual interview.

20 minutes where the officer went through the application form,  checked through the yes/no questions (did you ever x/y/z/j) and then asked if we had any extra photos or evidence we wanted to add.    At the end of the interview -  we got a piece of paper with information on how to remove our conditions (I-751) in 2 years time.

Not going to fill out any data points or timelines for this website but filed early May and moved once so it's within normal bounds.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, dearmrcolumbus said:

Had our I-485 interview yesterday in San Antonio.   Very nice officer and very casual interview.

20 minutes where the officer went through the application form,  checked through the yes/no questions (did you ever x/y/z/j) and then asked if we had any extra photos or evidence we wanted to add.    At the end of the interview -  we got a piece of paper with information on how to remove our conditions (I-751) in 2 years time.

Not going to fill out any data points or timelines for this website but filed early May and moved once so it's within normal bounds.

Did they tell when you to expect the approval and when to expect the green card? 

we had our interview yesterday in San Antonio as well. He said he believed we were a genuine relationship and expected approval but he said he has to do the background checks. Whatever that means? I was hoping to get a USCIS status change or notification/update but 24 hours later, nothing. 

does it really take five more weeks to get the greencard in our hands? We were hoping to travel the first week of December. Now it seems like we won’t be able to? 

16 minutes ago, nekotakacho said:

Did they tell when you to expect the approval and when to expect the green card? 

we had our interview yesterday in San Antonio as well. He said he believed we were a genuine relationship and expected approval but he said he has to do the background checks. Whatever that means? I was hoping to get a USCIS status change or notification/update but 24 hours later, nothing. 

does it really take five more weeks to get the greencard in our hands? We were hoping to travel the first week of December. Now it seems like we won’t be able to? 

We asked and was told that it required some more "computer work" and then a supervisor approval.   Once that is done - we could expect the card in 1-2 weeks.

My lawyer replied to my update with a "hopefully you should get an approval within the coming few weeks"  (lawyers being lawyers... non-committal to the max).

I'm hopeful that we'll get an update this week and then it's a just a rushing game. 

Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 8:44 AM, Southern_Belle07 said:

I received my EAD/AP last weekend. But where is my SSN? I answered yes to the I-765 form

I think you can take the EAD to the SSA office and apply for a social security number.

Finally got a notification that the EAD has been ordered for production. Hopefully we have it in hand soon!

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, dearmrcolumbus said:

We have ours in 13 days in San Antonio, too. This helps! I keep hearing mixed reviews from the SA office.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

We have ours in 13 days in San Antonio, too. This helps! I keep hearing mixed reviews from the SA office.

That is true for every office because it is based on individual facts and circumstances and the quality of evidence provided 

YMMV

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

That is true for every office because it is based on individual facts and circumstances and the quality of evidence provided 

Of course, naturally every case is different. But the reviews I've read mostly deal with one IO in particular.. a lady who comes off as rude and impatience for the immigrants so hearing others have had good experiences there helps.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

22 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Good luck!   Mess of a road construction site around the USCIS office so plan ahead and you'll avoid our only major headache :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.