2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 10/21/2019 at 9:12 PM, DaehanMingukManse said:

I think it's best to chat with Emma on their normal office hours because that's what I did since I can't get a hold of an agent over the phone.  I just typed in "I'd like to speak to a representative" and then an agent replied with their name and concealed agent number and assisted me from there on.

Hi, I just  requested an expedite and wanted to know how many days it took you to see any updates on your case? Since you did the request to them confirming they received it. 

I just chatted with a live representative, she said EAD got approved yesterday and it will be mailed to me. How long does it take before it comes in the mail? My tracker has not changed status yet.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Hi, I just  requested an expedite and wanted to know how many days it took you to see any updates on your case? Since you did the request to them confirming they received it. 

Hey there.  I received an update the very next day that the request has been received and 5 days later they approved it.  I attached my own tracker below if you're interested :D

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.01.58 PM.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

Hey there.  I received an update the very next day that the request has been received and 5 days later they approved it.  I attached my own tracker below if you're interested :D

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.01.58 PM.png

Thank you SO MUCH for this 😊 

Timeline
Just now, DaehanMingukManse said:

You'll hear from them pretty soon 🤞

*fingers crossed*

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lizzady said:

Did you chat with an actual person? If so, how? Or, was it "Emma"? 

Yes. Live person.

Go in the EMMA chat during USCIS business hours and type something like “Talk to a representative”, it will ask to switch to Live Chat.  There was no wait and I did see the rep’s name and ID number.  Yes, ID number was there too, don’t know why it’s blurred out for some.  I screenshot the whole chat.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

I just chatted with a live representative, she said EAD got approved yesterday and it will be mailed to me. How long does it take before it comes in the mail? My tracker has not changed status yet.

Same boat as you.  Got approved on Oct 29 according to USCIS rep. but no online updates as of Oct 30th.

Keep us updated on any changes and I will too.  I think I’m following it more closely than my wife. 🤣

On 10/12/2019 at 12:03 PM, BB Family said:

Greencard in hand today. Finally over for a year and a half till we file removal of conditions. Received ssn card yesterday. ^_^ see below for my entire AOS timeline: 

05-03-2019 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

05-07-2019 Packet arrived to USCIS

05-28-2019 AOS Fee Charged to Card

05-29-2019 NOA Date

06-03-2019 Received NOA Receipts

06-07-2019 Biometrics Letter

06-17-2019 Biometrics appointment

08-07-2019 Ready to schedule interview

08-27-2019 Interview Scheduled

09-03-2019 Interview letter received.

09-18-2019 EAD Card in production 

09-19-2019 AP Approved

09-23-2019 EAD Card mailed

09-30-2019 EAD/APCard received 

10-04-2019 Interview , passed/Card in production.

10-04-2019 SSN card ordered using EAD card.

10-08-2019 Greencard mailed to me

10-11-2019 SSN card received “valid for work only” stamp

10-12-2019 Greencard in hand 

Congratulations

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, DWolf said:

Same boat as you.  Got approved on Oct 29 according to USCIS rep. but no online updates as of Oct 30th.

Keep us updated on any changes and I will too.  I think I’m following it more closely than my wife. 🤣

Please kindly complete/fill-in your timeline.  It is helpful for others, including myself, as we are using the same regional offices and also experiencing "no online status update" nor anything else since our delayed Sept bio appt for EAD. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Loo1 said:

We had our interview in Nashville yesterday, all my stress, it went better than I thought it would! 

We we had a lovely officer interview us together. She asked how we met, about our first date, how my husband proposed and how I liked Tennessee. We brought everything it says on the interview notice but all she asked us for were photos, anything that we had in both our names-we brought our car and health insurance, joint bank acc info, lease agreement and flight receipts with both our names on it from the last few months and took a photo copy of my husbands American passport. She also kept our interview notice as proof we showed up for the interview. She was surprised I still haven’t gotten EAD yet. 

All in all we were with her for about 30 minutes, she said we’d hear her decision within the next 30 days, she also told us we were obviously meant to be married so we’re taking that as a good sign!!

And now to spend the next 30 days constantly refreshing our uscis profile page! 

Good luck everyone who has there interview coming up! 

Sounds like you had the same one we did :) And yes, this dreaded refreshing to see if the status changes is pain and agony! lol. We had ours Tuesday morning. 

So despite my local field office's ETA on I-485 being well into next year, imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to an email saying my case had been updated. Scheduled for an interview!

This system makes no sense whatsoever, and it very much shows that you cannot even remotely rely on USCIS's estimated processing times on their website. I guess the issue with the EAD still being delayed becomes moot now.

In that case, I have questions for people who didn't receive their EAD's before their interviews. For evidence, what did you bring? Can't work, so no money. No money means very little in the way of shared resources/assets. We're currently living in her parent's basement. The plan was to move once I got my EAD, and any lease agreements we'd enter into would be in both of our names. As it stands, we have none of that. All we have really is our marriage certificate and a joint bank account that we're not currently using. I got my SSN months ago - wasn't going to wait for EAD to get that sorted. I'm on her health insurance, I guess that counts too. I can't drive, so I'm not associated to her car in any way (insured driver, etc).

What else can you use in the situation where evidence is lacking?

6 hours ago, DWolf said:

Makes me more anxious and impatient. I have already updated my timeline

too. 🤪

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband and I had our interview yesterday at the San Antonio field office. It lasted less than 15 minutes and it was pretty nice, we have been approved! Funnily enough my EAD was approved two days before the interview. Check out my timeline for more detail and I hope it helps. This thread/forum has helped a lot through all the stressful waiting, thanks everyone for sharing your timelines and experiences on here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
15 hours ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

Did you expedite? If yes, how long did it take for them to approve after you sent the required documents (like offer letter or other documents)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.