2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Vgmay2019 said:

CONGRATS!!! How did it go the interview?

Thank you!

A lot more straight forward than we expected!

We got interviewed together and I got asked the following:

-Confirm full name, DOB and address 

-confirm parents names and place of birth

-confirm answers to questions regarding crime, arrests etc

-where did we meet

-how did we meet

-when did we make our relationship official

-how long were we dating before we got married

-who proposed and how

-have I met my husband’s parents? What are their names?

-(Asked to my husband) Has he met my parents? What are their names?

Then we were asked to provide evidence of our relationship such as lease contract and joint bank accounts.
We provided lease contract with both our names on, joint car insurance, joint home insurance, joint bank account, flight tickets from trips we’ve taken together and pictures from our wedding and with family and friends over the course of our relationship.

We made sure we dressed smartly and went prepared with any documents we thought they’d ask for.

Hope this helps 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

We were never told of approval or not. We only had the status changed to “my name was changed”.

then it said initial review. 

We have been together since 2010. 

Now we are wondering how long it’s going to take for us to get the green card approval and green card itself. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, MateR said:

We were never told of approval or not. We only had the status changed to “my name was changed”.

then it said initial review. 

We have been together since 2010. 

Now we are wondering how long it’s going to take for us to get the green card approval and green card itself. 

We also had our interview at the Chicago Field office on October 17th. Interview took about 20 minutes after waiting for over an hour past our appointment time, mostly questions straight from the I-130 for my wife (US citizen) and my questions were mainly from I-485. The officer asked for any additional documents that we had to prove our relationship. We gave them photos, flight tickets, car loan statements, savings account statements, etc. We have been together for 5 years. She said our case was the first one of the day without any major changes - not sure what that means. She gave us the whole speech about me not accepting medicaid or any government benefits for the next 5 years. My wife and I are both doctors - not sure if they are forced to say this to everyone applying for a green card per the new MAGA policies. She said that she will make a decision hopefully in 120 days. Did not say anything about recommending approval or not. Back to the waiting game. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
13 minutes ago, rohsha said:

We also had our interview at the Chicago Field office on October 17th. Interview took about 20 minutes after waiting for over an hour past our appointment time, mostly questions straight from the I-130 for my wife (US citizen) and my questions were mainly from I-485. The officer asked for any additional documents that we had to prove our relationship. We gave them photos, flight tickets, car loan statements, savings account statements, etc. We have been together for 5 years. She said our case was the first one of the day without any major changes - not sure what that means. She gave us the whole speech about me not accepting medicaid or any government benefits for the next 5 years. My wife and I are both doctors - not sure if they are forced to say this to everyone applying for a green card per the new MAGA policies. She said that she will make a decision hopefully in 120 days. Did not say anything about recommending approval or not. Back to the waiting game. 

Yea i dont understand this whole waiting game. We did the same because the guy barely asked us any questions stating that the US Consulate did all the ground work when they did the interview in my wife's country.

The officer had me do the same to acknowledge that she should never take any government assistance and i said yes, i know.

I had to be a bit forceful saying me and her met in medical school and been together ever since etc and we gave them the docs as well to add to our profile - joint bank account, joint auto insurance, etc. But alas we have no choice either but to wait. some times this ####### is ridiculous. We wanted to travel to see her family in europe some time after christmas/new years and we felt better to be able to do it from the GC than the AP/EAD and take chances.

12 hours ago, sayuki_vi said:

Does anyone is Seattle fiend office ? I have not heard anything status didn’t change after bio since may 31 

I want my combo card now status still case was received for EAD and also case is ready to be schedule interview 

im from seattle april filer, my ead/ap was approved oct 4, 2019

interview scheduled for november 21 in san antonio!!! got the notice online on october 16. happy about this because had made thankgiving plans w my wife!! yayyyyy

2 hours ago, sayuki_vi said:

Are u still status ready for interview ? It seems like more than year to have the interview ;(

yes. my status was ready to be schedule since May 15. until now no update. it seems it would take us more or less 1 year to wait for our turn.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, Reed1812 said:

Sounds similar to mine. Have you checked your status or an update yet? 

congrats btw

Hi! I wasn’t sure if this was a reply to my interview experience but in case it was...we got an approval letter at the interview itself (October 15th) and today (October 21st) I received both my I-797 approval notice and my conditional permanent resident card! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not too long ago, I was so desperate, that I requested an expedite through EMMA with no job offer in hand.  Today, I was so shocked because I was expecting an email from them asking for additional information but instead, I got an email saying a "New card is being produced".  I still can't believe my eyes. Is this a glitch? If this is true, I feel like my I-765 application was already on queue for them to adjudicate and my expedite request "poked" their dear hearts to finally gave it to me. 

IMG_6DCCB2343F4A-1.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.