2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
19 hours ago, Ghadji said:

Hi everyone! 

We just had our green card interview today in OKC! It went so smoothly, our officer was very nice! They didn’t ask many questions besides all the questions on the I-485 form part 8. They asked about some of our personal life but nothing to crazy! 

We were approved on the spot and we got an email saying our case has been updated to “card/document in production”! 

Our timeline adjusting from K1 in Oklahoma:

Filed: 05/01/2019

Biometrics: 05/31/2019

Interview: 09/10/2019

I have a question, since I am in Oklahoma as well. I saw one of your previous posts about bringing the medical to the interview. I had the same question but haven't been able to find an answer. Since you have finished your AOS in OKC, can you tell me how that part went? Did they ask for the exam info again? I'm really worried about that part. Our interview is in October.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KandN said:

Case status changed to "Interview was scheduled" today. I couldn't believe my eyes considering that my field office's (Miami) processing times are quoted at 23+ months and I got an RFIE in early July. 

Now waiting to get the interview letter to find out the exact date.

Maybe you are one of the first to have an interview in an alternate location pet the USCIS  announcement 

YMMV

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/2/2019 at 4:44 AM, tiggermuffin said:

Good luck! We are in this together ;)

Hi I saw you recieved your recieved RFE before biometric. I am just wondering, was the birth certificate missing?? I send secondary evidence so i am little anxious. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
40 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Maybe you are one of the first to have an interview in an alternate location pet the USCIS  announcement 

Perhaps. I will post an update once I get the interview letter with date and location.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, kabney110 said:

I have a question, since I am in Oklahoma as well. I saw one of your previous posts about bringing the medical to the interview. I had the same question but haven't been able to find an answer. Since you have finished your AOS in OKC, can you tell me how that part went? Did they ask for the exam info again? I'm really worried about that part. Our interview is in October.

Hi!

So for our interview, the officer did not ask to see anything the interview letter said to bring! We had everything prepared in a folder but they did not ask to see anything! So I am assuming everything was scanned in for his medical at the port of entry and was in the database!

We were able to find my husbands DS-3025 that was given to him during his medical exam at the Embassy before his K1 interview. I read and found that as long as you completed the medical exam within the year then just having the DS-3025 form that was filled out by the doctor will be fine. If you cannot find this form you can schedule an appointment with one of the approved doctors and they will re do the DS-3025 form. We were going to do that and we made an appointment at Passport Health and they said it would be $50 but then we found the form so it wasn't necessary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ghadji said:

Hi!

So for our interview, the officer did not ask to see anything the interview letter said to bring! We had everything prepared in a folder but they did not ask to see anything! So I am assuming everything was scanned in for his medical at the port of entry and was in the database!

We were able to find my husbands DS-3025 that was given to him during his medical exam at the Embassy before his K1 interview. I read and found that as long as you completed the medical exam within the year then just having the DS-3025 form that was filled out by the doctor will be fine. If you cannot find this form you can schedule an appointment with one of the approved doctors and they will re do the DS-3025 form. We were going to do that and we made an appointment at Passport Health and they said it would be $50 but then we found the form so it wasn't necessary.

Thank you, that helps a lot! He didn't do vaccinations until he got here so I'll just have them transcribed onto the official form and not worry about the medical that was already submitted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, MateR said:

How did it take some of you to receive the physical mail after being notified that the interview had been scheduled?

I received mine within a week :) 

12 hours ago, BlueGatorGamer said:

Congrats! 

How much time did they give you in the email to submit your expedite request?

Didnt say a time limit on the email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, sashsash said:

I received mine within a week :) 

Awesome - Just one more thing to ask then - from the time you got the "interview scheduled" to the actual interview - was it around 5 weeks?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MateR said:

Awesome - Just one more thing to ask then - from the time you got the "interview scheduled" to the actual interview - was it around 5 weeks?

Less than a month, but for sure it depends on the office :) 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, sashsash said:

Less than a month, but for sure it depends on the office :) 

They try to schedule at 6 weeks out

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

They try to schedule at 6 weeks out

Oops, my bad! My status changed 8/21 or 8/22 (don’t remember exactly) and the interview was scheduled for 9/25 :) So a little bit over a month 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sashsash said:

Oops, my bad! My status changed 8/21 or 8/22 (don’t remember exactly) and the interview was scheduled for 9/25 :) So a little bit over a month 

Yup.  That's where it seems to land most often 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.