BigMike93ATX

Hershey's chocolate bars

11 posts in this topic

My fiance's visa got approved. I am flying to Vietnam and then flying back to the US with her in tow. Her family love american chocolate. So i want to bring them some Hershey's chocolate bars. no nuts. no seeds. just plain milk chocolate. is it ok to bring chocolate bars across international borders? i just dont want to get in trouble for something as simple as a farewell gift to her parents. thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Chocolate is perfectly fine to bring. 

It's fine is there is nuts or seeds. Those are usually are ok as they are cooked and won't grow.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 3 weeks later...

You'll be just fine! The only thing you might have to worry about is it melting! Speaking from previous experience 😂

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, BigMike93ATX said:

My fiance's visa got approved. I am flying to Vietnam and then flying back to the US with her in tow. Her family love american chocolate. So i want to bring them some Hershey's chocolate bars. no nuts. no seeds. just plain milk chocolate. is it ok to bring chocolate bars across international borders? i just dont want to get in trouble for something as simple as a farewell gift to her parents. thank you.

Asia Hershey chocolate and candy bars sure don't taste like the ones made in USA.  Seems as if most come from Thailand.  I see no issue, I usually buy the sealed packs at WalMart and get the individual chocolate bites and they seem to be best when travelling that far.  

ChickBoy

• 2 weeks later...

i flew to Ukraine with a chocolate bar in my bag with a 17 hour layover in an airport, and walking with said chocolate bar in the sun for about 45 minutes and it didnt melt... take that for what its worth 😉

she loved the chocolate by the way

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hershey's is pretty bad chocolate. Get some Tcho, Chocolove, or Theo's.

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

i flew to Ukraine with a chocolate bar in my bag with a 17 hour layover in an airport, and walking with said chocolate bar in the sun for about 45 minutes and it didnt melt... take that for what its worth 😉

she loved the chocolate by the way

Was it milk chocolate? I'm guessing not.

i honestly dont remember

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 10:26 PM, BigMike93ATX said:

I bring it by the pallet when I go to the Philippines))) Perfectly fine...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 5/16/2019 at 2:06 AM, confusedshoes said:

Hershey's is pretty bad chocolate. Get some Tcho, Chocolove, or Theo's.

I agree. American chocolate is not proper chocolate. At least they seem to have finally stopped using genetically engineered ingredients. 

21 hours ago, Unidentified said:

I agree. American chocolate is not proper chocolate. At least they seem to have finally stopped using genetically engineered ingredients. 

Proper?

I will put a Hershey bar with almonds or a Hershey Kisses up against any chocolate in the world.  I have tried many high dollar chocolates even those Japanese chocolate where then give you ice to put in the box,  None is better than a American Hershey bar or Kisses

ChickBoy