chizo

I 400 Denied :(

25 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody,

A friend of mine filled for I-400 one day too early so it was denied. His I-751 was approved, so he wants to know when he can file for the I-400 again. Is it 30 days or how many from the denial date? Thanks for your help!!!! He is very distraught about this silly error on his part!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Assuming you meant N-400 (not I-400), he can file again immediately. Is there a reason he couldn't file it online? If you file online you can't make a mistake and file too early because the web application prevents you from filing early.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, chizo said:

Don’t think he have to fill right alway,he just got denied,

1 hour ago, chizo said:

Is it 30 days or how many from the denial date?

He doesn't have to wait the 30 days to refile (the 30 days is if he wants to APPEAL the first decision)..he can refile for the N400 at any time.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

4 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

Assuming you meant N-400 (not I-400), he can file again immediately. Is there a reason he couldn't file it online? If you file online you can't make a mistake and file too early because the web application prevents you from filing early.

Not true, the system allows you to file the day before, which is what he probably did and what I did too. I don't have an interview date yet, but I'm pretty much waiting on it to see if the officer will approve or not. From what I've read in these forums, some have been approved, others have not. I hope I'm in the camp of the former

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ordjnb said:

Not true, the system allows you to file the day before, which is what he probably did and what I did too. I don't have an interview date yet, but I'm pretty much waiting on it to see if the officer will approve or not. From what I've read in these forums, some have been approved, others have not. I hope I'm in the camp of the former

You can file your app when your date is open. It you file one day earlier they will denied your app right away.

1 minute ago, dannyphan91 said:

You can file your app when your date is open. It you file one day earlier they will denied your app right away.

Trust me I wish that was the case. There's a famous post here by Hypnos who got denied and he filed a little passed midnight and the system uses Hawaii time so the payment was taken as the day before. 

I paid 2 hours before midnight of my applicable date and my notice has the received date as the correct date but notice date as the day before. They can deny me for this. And it's happened to a couple of people here. But some people have been lucky and approved without question. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, ordjnb said:

Trust me I wish that was the case. There's a famous post here by Hypnos who got denied and he filed a little passed midnight and the system uses Hawaii time so the payment was taken as the day before. 

I paid 2 hours before midnight of my applicable date and my notice has the received date as the correct date but notice date as the day before. They can deny me for this. And it's happened to a couple of people here. But some people have been lucky and approved without question. 

Oh boy - I really do hope you’re approved because that’s such a minor glitch to result in a denial :(  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

That really stinks. I’m just wondering why people can’t wait another day or two to make sure it does not get denied 

germangirlintheusa.blogspot.com

~~~ mrandmrsBRS Visa journey ~~~

Service Center: Vermont

Embassy: Frankfurt/Germany

Marriage: 2014-12-30

I-130 sent: 2015-1-5

I-130 Noa 1: 2015-1-12

I-130 approved: 2015-6-10

Your I-130 was approved in 149 days from your NOA 1 date.

NVC: 2015-7-8

AOS bill: 2015-8-4

AOS P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

IV bill: 2015-9-15

IV P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

Case Complete: 2015-10-12 (2015-12-07)

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Medical: 2016-1-7

Interview Frankfurt: 2016-1-19 (called NVC 2015-12-14) APPROVED :dancing: :wub:

POE: 2016-2-9 ATL (Atlanta)

32 minutes ago, mrandmrsBRS said:

That really stinks. I’m just wondering why people can’t wait another day or two to make sure it does not get denied 

Just too excited to become an American citizen, then we come here in these forums and realize the $750 mistake we made 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
21 minutes ago, mrandmrsBRS said:

• Regarding why people cannot wait: too exciting + they have waited for too long. 
  • For government related stuff, I always wait at least few days after I have been eligible. For my tax,  wait several weeks after I receive my W-2, giving the change for IRS patching their forms/system. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrandmrsBRS said:

Why does their own online system allow people to file then consider it "too early"?

36 minutes ago, Mollie09 said:

Why does their own online system allow people to file then consider it "too early"?

That's what I'm saying... If this is a common issue, they need to not allow ANY applications until midnight Hawaiin time. I don't understand how we are allowed to do it a full day before. This way, there are no timing issues for anyone who applied online, only those who submitted paper applications that legitimately got delivered too early. 

Edited by ordjnb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.