Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
3 minutes ago, M+M said:

They transferred it to the National Benefits Center. We have been at the SRC since June 2021. I was hope for an eventual approval. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

USCIS routinely moves i751 cases to the NBC after petitioner files  a n400 for naturalization. Basically setting up a combo interview.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

4 hours ago, da95826 said:

Got an update about a service inquiry we made in October 7 months ago for our i751 case being outside of processing time at our original processing center (WAC). We have an interview scheduled for Monday for an n400 interview and I was a bit concerned that we did not get any notice about our pending i751 which was moved to NBC December 2020 and radio silence since, not even your case was ready to be scheduled for an interview nothing; until the response to the service inquiry.

It looks like we will in fact have a combo interview for our i751 and n400.

Here is the response that was emailed to us about a week ago from the Sacramento Field office.

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On October 6, 2021, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time and to obtain a current case status.  Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

On April 15, 2022, we mailed you a Request for Applicant to Appear for Interview on Form I-797C, Notice of Action for your N-400 application. Your pending I-751 will be addressed at this time.

Your appointment date and time are as follows:

Monday, May 16, 2022, at 12:45 P.M.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Congratulations 🎊. I submitted a service request since my wife is outside processing time. We filed I-751 on May 2019 and we have been waiting for interview to be scheduled in San Francisco FO since September 2019. We filed online N400 in May 2020 and I see status saying our request is delayed. All I was told when I called for my wife passport stamp was that I-751 and N400 will be a combo. Now I understand response to my Request for outside processing time inquiry will take time. I hope we hear something soon and SFO FO sucks although filed in 2020 earlier than you you already have an interview. Maybe the officers there are just vacationing in the City and hardly working 😆 

Edited by hasmax80

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Filed I-751 in July 2021, biometrics appointment in August 2021 and just received a notification that ''new card is being produced'' - Things actually happened faster than expected! 

43 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

Filed I-751 in July 2021, biometrics appointment in August 2021 and just received a notification that ''new card is being produced'' - Things actually happened faster than expected! 

about 10 months - sweet! They waived your interview?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jnmee said:

about 10 months - sweet! They waived your interview?

Yes, they waived it! I did not have any interview - The status online was still ''case was received'' since they got the application in July, status never changed to waiting for an interview and I just got this notification email telling me to log into my account to see an update! 

I am very surprised as I was preparing for a very long wait after reading everything about this center. 

I hope this brings hope that process is going to speed up for everyone currently waiting at the MSC center! 

2 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

Yes, they waived it! I did not have any interview - The status online was still ''case was received'' since they got the application in July, status never changed to waiting for an interview and I just got this notification email telling me to log into my account to see an update! 

I am very surprised as I was preparing for a very long wait after reading everything about this center. 

I hope this brings hope that process is going to speed up for everyone currently waiting at the MSC center! 

thats awesome - congts!! looks like they really implemented the risk based approach on approving cases. May I know if you have submitted sufficient supporting documents in a way they rely on them to approve your case?   I'm fingers crossed for mine

6 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

just one bit I want to learn about your case - you haven't submitted n400 either right?  bc a lot of cases get moved when they filed n400

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jnmee said:

thats awesome - congts!! looks like they really implemented the risk based approach on approving cases. May I know if you have submitted sufficient supporting documents in a way they rely on them to approve your case?   I'm fingers crossed for mine

Thank you!! Yes, I think that decision they made a few months ago is really making the cases moving forward a lot faster. I think this time if I remember correctly I submitted copy or our lease, savings account, tax returns, life insurance, affidavit from my husband's parents, and a pdf document with some pictures. 

Just now, jnmee said:

just one bit I want to learn about your case - you haven't submitted n400 either right?  bc a lot of cases get moved when they filed n400

Not yet no! I will be able to submit this one in July :)

32 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

Thank you!! Yes, I think that decision they made a few months ago is really making the cases moving forward a lot faster. I think this time if I remember correctly I submitted copy or our lease, savings account, tax returns, life insurance, affidavit from my husband's parents, and a pdf document with some pictures. 

Not yet no! I will be able to submit this one in July :)

This is so exciting - finally no need to worry about the 751 status, just one focus on n400 for you now and its pretty much the finish line!!!! Good to know they were all reasonable documents to present for a case.  You're the first person I know here had status moved without interview since they have the new policy. Another person has their case approved under a year but still went through an interview for 751.  But honestly nice to see more positive outcomes with the process. Let us know how it goes for your n400!  Thanks for sharing, it helped me feel mentally less stressed :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, jnmee said:

This is so exciting - finally no need to worry about the 751 status, just one focus on n400 for you now and its pretty much the finish line!!!! Good to know they were all reasonable documents to present for a case.  You're the first person I know here had status moved without interview since they have the new policy. Another person has their case approved under a year but still went through an interview for 751.  But honestly nice to see more positive outcomes with the process. Let us know how it goes for your n400!  Thanks for sharing, it helped me feel mentally less stressed :)

Of course!! Happy to help, I know the process can be long and stressful! And I am sure that 90% of the people are just not part of the forum, otherwise we would have a lot more positive feedback! Hope the wait won't be too long and I am happy to answer any other question if you have anymore! Good luck! 

Just came back from our interview. As per hand delivered notice at interview, my case was approved. The interview took about 45 minutes. 
The office was the USCIS field office in Atlanta. 
We entered 15 minutes before appointment time, apparently the officer already asked for us. We were in the waiting area, while I was in the restroom, he asked us in.. 

The officer was an older officer, stern, professional. He had my petition in front of him, but I was not able to see a physical A-file (or what I think it should look like).

We swore our oath,  I handed over our drivers license, my green card, our passports. Then be went through our petition, asking questions, repeating many questions during the interview:
address, what car we have , who is on the lease, do we rent or own, our bank accounts, he wanted to see our bank cards, credit cards. How we met, when we met, when in person, when my husband came to Germany, how often he was married, if he ever petitioned before, my hourly wage, his hourly wage/yearly income. His occupation, my initial occupation, my current occupation, criminal background, ever? Communist party (might have been asked jokingly). Then he asked if I have new evidence and I pulled out the new packet, which was, believe it or not, thicker than the initial one.

Bank statements with transactions, savings account (forgot savings account when filing initially),new tax records 20 and 21, new leases for apartment, car lease, loan pre-approval paperwork for a house we did not buy in the end, beneficiary form, more photos with his family (especially grandkids, ex-wife, daughters).

In between he switched to chatting about Heidelberg and going to Europe, and that I can apply for citizenship, but don’t have to, what kind of scientist I was, then he went back to asking same questions, I guess to see if the answers are still the same or similar. 

He clearly had the NVC form in front of him-asked me where I lived in Germany. Verified some other questions from that form. He also wanted to know everything about my previous J1’s. 

He told me then that he approves my 10 year card, again, I can file for citizenship, but don’t have to, gave me his office number, in case I have not received my card within one month. 

I made sure that he notes my apartment number, as this was the initial issue and my reason for getting my congressperson involved. 

Extremely thorough IO! Very nice, though, stern, firing questions at us. 

Glad this is over, but I will party for sure, if I have this card in my hand, physically.

He congratulated me on my meticulous documentation and noted that I am obviously the one who takes care of that.. lol!

Edited by BobKat

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

We had our i751 and n400 combo interview today at the Sacramento Field Office.

The interviews seem to go well, the IO indicated that she was recommending both petitions i751 & n400 to be approved and the cases was being sent to a supervisor for final approval. 

So we await approval of both the i751 and n400.

So 2 years after submitting our i751 application we got an interview at our local field office for the ROC case.  We only got notice for the n400 interview in the invitation USCIS sent but we were expecting a combo interview so we both showed up for the interview.

So if you have an pending i751 case and you get an interview notice for the n400 only be sure to be prepared to do both with both the spouse and petitioner attending the interview for a joint i751 application.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

2 hours ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Husband's I-751 was filed Jan. 2021, then transferred from EAC to NBC Jan. 2022 once he filed the N-400.  His combo interview was today, where he was approved on the spot and took his naturalization oath in the office. 

Congrats!!! Can you share your field location? You are indeed lucky since my wife I-751 was filed in May 2019 and N-400 in May 2021 from San Fran Field Location and we are still waiting so frustrating.

Edited by hasmax80

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.